Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion

Old 01/11/2008, 02:30 AM
Premium Member

doing very well, a little temp fluctuation due to weak heater but other than that, everythings smooth.
Old 01/11/2008, 01:03 PM
clams are your friends.

I should have followed my gut and not posted on this thread-- 15 minutes after I posted was a power outage in my town that lasted for 3 hours. When the power came back on it must have startled my pearly jawfish and it went carpet surfing. Found the jawfish jerky on the floor this morning. Real bummer because this was a fish I nursed back to health from the verge of death. RIP.

Mods, please delete this thread. haha.....
Old 01/11/2008, 01:12 PM
This Space for Rent

Location: Sitting on a park bench...eyeing college girls with bad intent.
my tank is doing great. No real algae issues...I have one...count it, one bubble algae. Water is good, and stable. Everything is looking great.

My corals are growing a little too slowly for my liking, and my tank has a habit of sucking every last dime out of me, but other than that, everythings going great.
Old 01/11/2008, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

My tank is doing great. Now if my clowns will have babies for me... The only problem I have had with it is the water noise wants to put me to sleep sometimes (don't think my boss would like that).

Amy
Old 01/11/2008, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

All three of my tanks are doing well:

Only casualty was our sixline we got a few months ago decided to go carpet surfing about midnight, so we didn't see him till 3pm the next day

Other than that, our 75g is like hyroponics plant growin things left and right. So far this month, I've had to frag my hammers, candy canes, monti digi, birdsnest, frogspawn, and started a small patch of gsp on a seperated in the sand rock! My task this month is to bring the 14g up to par and make it look pretty again. Last month I moved out the bioballs, and replaced w/ live rock and chaeto + light in chamber 2.

As well, the 30g tank will be getting an upgraded sump w/ refugium and skimmer. The current 10g sump is a 2 chamber, with refugium and return section. The new one will be 33% skimmer, 20% return, and %46 Refugium, with limited flow to the refugium and a sand bed.

I also plan on trading in two large rocks of xenia for credit @ the local reef stores.. for more brood stock