Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01/11/2008, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

Unhappy tang killin tank

i bought my tank set it up and had if for about 9mts now and since than ive went throught 4!!! tangs and 1 angel all the other fish ive had since i started the tank it seems that i just have bad luck with those kinda fish my alk is usally around 2meq calcium 440 ph 8.4 temp 76 F he last died yeasterday i notice he had red gill and was breathing slowy so i put him into and quartine tank with new fresh batch of saltwater premixed and from the lfs add a stress coat and mediflix(??) the water was cold so i stuck a heater and got the water up to 80 F and he look like he was doing better he was swimming slowly but i thought that it was to hot (all the book ive read said that the water need to be around 75) so i backed off the heat the temp went down to 76 and he was dead what did i do wrong?