Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Richmond Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/08/2008, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Does anyone have Emerald Crab

Looking to see if anyone has any they are willing to part with?
Old 01/08/2008, 01:40 PM
Premium Member

I believe most of the LFS have them on quite a regular basis...

If they don't have them, you can request that they get some...maybe they can accomodate ya...

Current Livestock -

Yellow Tang // ORA Clown
Flame Angel // Sailfin Blenny
Pair Cleaner Shrimp // Sexy Anemone Shrimp
T Maxima Clam // Sebae Anemone
Old 01/08/2008, 10:28 PM
Premium Member

I have 6 of them in my reef and if I could ever figure a way to catch a couple I would be more than happy to give you one. Anyone have any ideas on how to catch these darn things. I am about ready to use Vince's BB Gun routine

WreckDiver
aka: CyBrSuFr

Click the little red house for the latest tank picts

Old 01/09/2008, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cybrsufr
I have 6 of them in my reef and if I could ever figure a way to catch a couple I would be more than happy to give you one. Anyone have any ideas on how to catch these darn things. I am about ready to use Vince's BB Gun routine

I dont wanto to be the reason why you shoot a hole in the bottom of your tank because you didn't sight the BB Gun in before going into battle. Not to mention the pain you will feel from the wife if she commes home to the wet carpet. THe "It wasn't me" act only works for so long.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:23 AM
Premium Member

That was just an inside joke. I heard a story of Vince shooting something in his tank with a BB Gun because it was eating coral or something. Thought it was funny as heck. Thank goodness I don't have a wife either because she would have ran off when she saw the bills for this addiction .

On a serious note though, if anyone has any ideas on how to catch the little buggers, please reply here. I have 6 of them i bought to help with Bubble algae during the first 6 months of my tank setup (BTW I have never seen them eat any of it), at that time they were about the size of a quarter, now they are the size of a silver dollar (for those that are too young to know what that is, it measures about 1 1/2 inches across) and want to get them out of the display and into my sumps. That is why I said if I can catch one you are more than welcome to one or two of them.

WreckDiver
aka: CyBrSuFr

Click the little red house for the latest tank picts

Old 01/09/2008, 10:12 AM
River Rat

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if i could make a minuture of the pots (traps) I use in the river..??

(would not work, fish would be trapped also, then eaten by crabs)