Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks

Old 12/20/2007, 01:26 AM
Registered Member

looking good.

.Making me want to get a roadstar to play with...

(Red House for my 425 system)
Old 12/20/2007, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

thanks bax and eric. i do enjoy the bikes both riding them and building them, the bike business is slowly taking off and along with the tattoo shop going full strength i wear myself out most of the time, but somehow seem to always find time for my little tank project too!
Old 01/04/2008, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

not a lot to post on my tank lately just kinda sitting back watching everything settle in and color up, that and i have been building a new reef at the tattoo shop wich will make 2 in there now the new one i have been building is a 60 hex that we drilled and put a custom overflow box in, that has bulkheads drilled into it for custom return lines that run down to the bottom of the tank with lockline coming out of them. it will house a single species of coral a huge blue stag that the gys at reefermadness will be getting in for me(hopefully real soon) and either a single species of fish or maybe two or three species at most. the drain is ran into an adjacent closet to the tank where it feeds into a 100g rubbermaid, the closet used to be for med supplies for the tattoo shop so inturn i had to build a whaole new closet for that stuff. isnt it funny how our tanks start taking priority over everything. lol. the tank will be lit with one 400w 20k xm either in a lumenarc reflector or i will turn the entire canopy into a reflector(by the way building a canopy with a swinging door for a hex tank sucks). i know its not the tank this thread is for but it has turned out really cool and just wanted to bring it up. considering it is on a custom stand and canopy i hand built for the simple reason i have never seen a canopy on a hex or a cool stand either
Old 01/05/2008, 08:02 AM
Dumb Hobbiest

Start a thread for it!
Old 01/06/2008, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

If you start it put a link in your thread to it

(Red House for my 425 system)
Old 01/08/2008, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

i do think i a going to do a thread on it but i think i am going to wait until its done and just do it all at once, considering i havnt taken pics of it the whole build, i will have to start takng some now