Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Central Illinois Marine Aquarists (CIMA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/15/2007, 09:35 AM
Shai Dorsai!

David, did you clean the glass with a pressure washer? Did it make any marks on the glass?
Old 10/11/2007, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

Its been very slow going. I have both skimmers connected to the tank. One is on just the 500G. The tanks are connected together now. I installed two 200G tanks for make up water (kalk) and water change water a few weeks ago. Plan to get my Ca reactor going tonight. I still have not setup and of the wave makers. Some of the coral are starting to turn around and get better color on them.

Andy: I did pressure wash the glass but it was not a very high power unit. I don't see any new scratches
Old 10/20/2007, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

Stuff is starting to take off again since I connected the Ca reactor.

Old 10/20/2007, 09:34 AM
Premium Member

It looks good. I know it seems like it is slow going, but you've made a lot of progress...especially since you've done the majority of the work by yourself. The scale of this project is incredible and I'm sure is close to being overwhelming at times.

If you're interested, maybe it would be worthwhile to set aside a Saturday sometime as a work day, plan several things you would like to accomplish and have a get together where we could come down and give you a hand getting some of the stuff done. Just a thought...like I've said before...if you need any help just say the word.

Keep us posted on your progress. It looks great!!!
Old 11/10/2007, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

21 Days of growth since the above shot. The tank is well on its way.

Old 11/10/2007, 11:01 AM
Why do I live in IL?

As much as I love caps, i dont knwo if I will have them in my next tank... they just fill the whole damn tank lol. It seems no matter how large your system, they always grow into the glass and cant be pruned fast enough to keep them in check.
Old 11/12/2007, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

My long term goal was to put them in the clam look down tank as they are best view from above and also the clams work keep them under control by breaking them off.
Old 11/30/2007, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

And about another 3weeks of growth.

Old 11/30/2007, 09:18 PM
Premium Member

Cool!!! Looks great!!