Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/20/2006, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Is there any reason why I can't track that tracking number?
Old 09/20/2006, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

It all sounds a bit fishy pmike25, pun intended. Starting from the very beginning....."forgetting" to mail out the lights, but I bet you didn't forget to cash in the MO he sent you and stuff that in your pocket. And I bet pwdbyhrses didn't care for any personal excuses of why he didn't received what he paid for, I know I wouldn't. It just isn't good business.
Old 09/20/2006, 05:14 PM
Registered Member.

Yeah theres a reason, becuase I just did it today, call the post office and they will even tell you that
Old 09/20/2006, 05:29 PM
On The M0VE

specrn5, you also have to understand not everyone selling something here is your everday Business man. The majority of people selling things here are doing it out of their own goodness of the heart. At least he was honest enough to the person and let them know that he forgot...(honesty can get you nowhere). If you want good business and a sticker go to Wally world. But payment was made! Mike, I applaud you for your honesty and for fixing the problem.
Old 09/20/2006, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Lino
specrn5, you also have to understand not everyone selling something here is your everday Business man. The majority of people selling things here are doing it out of their own goodness of the heart. At least he was honest enough to the person and let them know that he forgot...(honesty can get you nowhere). If you want good business and a sticker go to Wally world. But payment was made! Mike, I applaud you for your honesty and for fixing the problem.
You don't have to be a business man to have good ethics and integrity. I feel if you are dealing with somebody else's hard earn money, business man or not, you follow through to what was negotiated before the transaction was made...like I said, he didn't "forget" to take the money. He might think $75, or whatever the costs of the lights were, is not much to worry about, but to pwdbyhrses or even me, $75 is a big deal. Do you know why....not because I don't make enough salary.....BECAUSE IT'S MY HARD EARNED MONEY! One thing I would like to add is, you don't string along somebody for over a month to come to a conclusion and restitution. I don't care if it's "wally world" or someone on this board, you took on the responsibility when you chose to put something up for sale. That's all I've got to say, have a good evening.
Old 09/21/2006, 08:57 AM
Garbologist

I'm closing this for now. If one of the two people involved in this have an update later let me know and I'll reopen it for them. I'll be back in town on Monday.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."