Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/11/2005, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Major Problem!!!!!!!

Ok Dr. Ron - I don't know what to do - let me start 45 gal tank - water parameters great - Nitrite - 0, Ammonia - 0, Nitrates -20 or less, Ph- 8.3, salinity - 1.025, Temp 81 - I had a false percula about 2 weeks ago start not eating, breathing rapidly, hovering in one spot, and a white strand coming out of him underneath - took him to my LFS after a few days and they QT him - well he died - now my black & white false percula is doing the same thing - started 4 days ago. In the meantime I have tried everything that I know to do. He won't eat so everything that I've tried to medicate his food with is a waste - I even tried to syringe it into his mouth!!!!! Yesterday I put prazi-pro in my tank, stopped my protein skimmer and took out my carbon. This morning no better and my purple fridmani was dead!!!!! He's been doing great! Black & white false still the same. So today my LFS told me to do a dip for him in formalin - 1 gallon per 1ml which I did for 50 minutes. Put him back in the tank. Now he looks like he MIGHT have a white spot or two - can't really tell. Can I add kick-ich in my tank now also? Or is that going to interact with the Prazi-pro? I'm soooooo confused and don't know what in the world to do. I've really worked hard on this tank and feel like giving up - I'm so upset! Please give me any advice that you can - Thanks so much - Beckie
Old 06/12/2005, 03:07 AM
Registered Member

[moved]
Old 06/12/2005, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

Ok - obviously he couldn't help me so my thread got moved. Today there are not white spots but he is still acting the same way. Anyone have a clue on what is going on and what to do?