Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/03/2005, 11:23 AM
Pulling my hair out

Flanders - thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it and understand.

Based on what I've read by people that were there, know someone who was, or know the people involved, it does sound like he got his facts as right.
Old 03/03/2005, 11:29 AM
I have no catchy title

There may be other reasons the attempted rescue wasn't the top news story, probably not, but maybe. As Runner said, it could be accidental. A lot of it has to do with the questions reporters think to ask the police. If you don't think to ask, 'Hey, were any of these people armed or trying to help,' you might not get that information from the police. And sometimes police have reasons for not talking about this stuff.

I don't know a lot of reporters with agendas when it comes to stuff like this. They're just trying to get all the facts and write a good story. Then the national media will choose to run or not run whatever stories come in on the wire, usually for purely political reasons.
Old 03/03/2005, 11:59 AM
Pulling my hair out

I agree with that as well. I do know that I saw a few stories early on that did have some knowledge of the fact that Mark was armed and tried to stop the assault, but they were fuzzy and didn't have much detail which is normal for anything like that I'm sure.