Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/26/2007, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 11/26/2007, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

I personally think Mcfadden earned has earned the Heisman...putting up 200+ yards on supposedly "the best defense..."

Dont get me wrong I'd put Tebow at a close second but Mcfadden is just sick.

I dunno i dont mind Tim Tebow i obviously dislike him after last years bowl game, but I'm sick of the announcers singing his praises...
ex: Watching i think it was the Georgia game Tebow rushed and fell short of the first down by about 3 yards; he got hit by 2 players and dropped but instead of the annopuncers commentating that it was a good defensive play they say that Tebow clearly wouldve gotten the first down and more if his shoulder had been healthy.
He was locked on the play and there was no way he was gonna get it so why cant they give the Georgia D the respect they earned on the play...

As far as bowls obviously i wouldnt mind a nice return to the NC but if we dont get in i want Georgia...Time to prove that last years game was a fluke...
Old 11/27/2007, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Don't underestimate the power of star power. Tebow gets more press than Georgia's whole team.
Thats a great point.

Just to add though,
Tebow was really injured. My little bro saw his shoulder and said that it looked horrible.
One thing that you need to understand about Tebow is that he is completely obedient. I promise you that you will never hear a scandalous story about him, at least until he is out of college. He was under orders to protect his shoulder and not go battering into people. I think that was Meyer's quasi attempt at protecting him.
He did still have a lot of carries though. Had UF been winning, I bet he would have ran the ball much less.
Old 11/27/2007, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by emerald chondro
I personally think Mcfadden earned has earned the Heisman...putting up 200+ yards on supposedly "the best defense..."

I dunno i dont mind Tim Tebow i obviously dislike him after last years bowl game, but I'm sick of the announcers singing his praises...
ex: Watching i think it was the Georgia game Tebow rushed and fell short of the first down by about 3 yards; he got hit by 2 players and dropped but instead of the annopuncers commentating that it was a good defensive play they say that Tebow clearly wouldve gotten the first down and more if his shoulder had been healthy.
He was locked on the play and there was no way he was gonna get it so why cant they give the Georgia D the respect they earned on the play...

As far as bowls obviously i wouldnt mind a nice return to the NC but if we dont get in i want Georgia...Time to prove that last years game was a fluke...

sounds like sour grapes
Old 11/27/2007, 02:47 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:

Anyone that is running for heisman is sick. McFadden and Tebow are both sick!

I don't know why you would dislike him after last years bowl game. Still bitter that your team got their as$ whooped by a much superior team? Anyways, you should hate Chris leak. He is the QB that tore you sorry defense up last year anyways. And if you do play UGA, I feel sorry for OSU again. UGA will spank you guys just like FLA did last year. And you're still calling last years game a fluke? Wow you really are completely ignorant. 41-14 ain't no fluke my friend. That's just straight up pure ownage. Rug and I were right about last year about how rediculously overrated OSU was. We proved a lot of people wrong on this thread last year. And they thought we were the idiots.

And oh, Tebow really did have a bad soldier. If Tebow was 100 percent healthy that UGA game, I can almost promise you that FLA would have had more than 30.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/27/2007, 03:51 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
And they thought we were the idiots.
No. "Thought" would indicate past tense.

Kevin

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!
Old 11/27/2007, 05:10 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:

After seeing how USC played against Arizona State I wouldn't want to play them either but would you give up your spot in the rose bowl to avoid them
Old 11/27/2007, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

We're playing Usc next year anyway so i dont see a huge point of playing them this year...

I can say its a fluke and you can always say it wasn;'t but it wont change my opinion...

as far as Tebow's shoulder I know it was injured but on the down i was talking about he wouldn't have gotten it with a healthy shoulder anyway so theres no difference...maybe Uf would've won the game maybe not but we just won't know
Old 11/27/2007, 08:00 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:

I can say its a fluke and you can always say it wasn;'t but it wont change my opinion...

I would love for you to explain why it was a fluke. Please, entertain me.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/27/2007, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

Every team has an off night, any Ohio State fan who watched the game could tell you that was not the team we watched all year, Yes Florida was a good team, yes we got outplayed, But there is not that big of a gap between the two teams.

Florida beat Tennesse 21-20 last year
Ohio State dominated Penn St. 28-6

Penn State beats Tennesse 20-10 in the bowl game.

Im not going to preach that we were gonna beat Florida for sure if we played them again but it would be hell of alot closer then it was.

Then i always have my Ginn theory...
Old 11/28/2007, 12:23 AM
Here comes the Gators

Your Ginn theory insults OSU because if that is true OSU doesn't run deep at all. So you're saying OSU primarily depended on Ginn.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/28/2007, 12:57 AM

Hell Ginn was hurt part of last year wasn't he?

Anyone else catch what Illinois record was last year? What a turn around.
Old 11/28/2007, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

Illinois is always a thorn to us if you look...

I'll be honest we didn't run that deep last year but Ginn obviously had the speed to play w/ Florida

Look at Oregon w/ Dennis Dixon they are one of the best if not the best team in College football...once they lose him their a decent team but nowehere near the top. Or you could go Nfl do you think without Chad Johnson Houshmanzadeh would be open so much..No the Big play receivers open up the secondary options (like Housh)

Last edited by emerald chondro; 11/28/2007 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11/28/2007, 12:23 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Illinois is always a thorn to us if you look...

I'll be honest we didn't run that deep last year but Ginn obviously had the speed to play w/ Florida

Look at Oregon w/ Dennis Dixon they are one of the best if not the best team in College football...once they lose him their a decent team but nowehere near the top. Or you could go Nfl do you think without Chad Johnson Houshmanzadeh would be open so much..No the Big play receivers open up the secondary options (like Housh)
Ginn did have the speed to play with FLA...but his teammates were stupid and injured him. LOL. That was hillarious...stupid Ohio State.

HAHA, Oregon was definately not the best team or even close to it in the NCAA when Dixon was there. Are you kidding me? I knew Oregon was going to fall off the NC radar. A team that loses one player and ends up losing to two unrated teams after is definately no where close to being the best team. FLA was easily better than Oregon with Dixon. If FLA lost Tebow, FLA would still be a great team because they run so deep. They have tons of talent on the bench waitig to be played. FLA's backup QB is 6'5, 245lbs and has a freakin arm! And like Tebow, he plows over guys trying to tackle him. Sorry bud but college football ain't your thang.

Womens golf maybe.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/28/2007, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

Lol i was quite ****ed about how Ginn got injured..i was just watching and being like are you serious.

Are you serious Dixon was an animal; after we fell from Number 1 if Dixon had still been healthy Oregon had the best shot because they had a cupcake schedule left. Hell he played with a torn ACL and still could run quite well.

I think your underestimating the power of a single player; without Dixon Oregon cannot run the spread which is their game.

Speaking of injury did you read Tebow played a game in high school with a broken leg; i may not like him but that is pretty sick.

Pst if Floridas Qb position is so deep why isnt Urban taking Tebow out when the games already won

haha and i dont think that anyone is a pro in womans golf as a mman...if you are it would be wayy sad
Old 11/28/2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
Ginn did have the speed to play with FLA...but his teammates were stupid and injured him. LOL. That was hillarious...stupid Ohio State.

HAHA, Oregon was definately not the best team or even close to it in the NCAA when Dixon was there. Are you kidding me? I knew Oregon was going to fall off the NC radar. A team that loses one player and ends up losing to two unrated teams after is definately no where close to being the best team. FLA was easily better than Oregon with Dixon. If FLA lost Tebow, FLA would still be a great team because they run so deep. They have tons of talent on the bench waitig to be played. FLA's backup QB is 6'5, 245lbs and has a freakin arm! And like Tebow, he plows over guys trying to tackle him. Sorry bud but college football ain't your thang.

Womens golf maybe.
You don't know a whole lot do you?

Might want to look at Oregon's injury list. Dixon went down, they had already lost 2 wide receivers, the tailback is hurt and so are the 2 & 3 QB's now. I haven't seen another team this year I would bet on against Oregon at full strength.
Old 11/28/2007, 09:54 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:

Pst if Floridas Qb position is so deep why isnt Urban taking Tebow out when the games already won

LOL, you don't know anything about FLA just like I don't anything about Oregon apparently.

The reason why Urban kept Tebow in all the games he played despite if the score was 42-0 was because our backup QB Newton had an inured ankle and playing him would risk even further injury. We didn't want to play our 3rd string QB because he is a redshirt freshman and as soon as we play him he loses a valuable year. So Urban was basically forced to keep Tebow in. Urban is not an idiot. IMO, Tebow may not have as much stats as he did this year since we will have a healthy backup QB.

Grim, I wasn't talking about the injury list of Oregon, I was talking about Dennis Dixon specifically. But I get your point.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/28/2007, 10:37 PM
Registered Member

Well your kind of contradicting yourself then you cant say that Florida is deep at the Qb position if their backup is injured.

Their only technically deep if Tebow gets too injured to play and they use the redshirt then.

Stats dont mean as much as ppl put them i guess because generally the team with the better players blows out their opponents and thus the starters end up sitting after 3 quarters
Old 11/29/2007, 03:12 AM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Well your kind of contradicting yourself then you cant say that Florida is deep at the Qb position if their backup is injured.

Their only technically deep if Tebow gets too injured to play and they use the redshirt then.

Stats dont mean as much as ppl put them i guess because generally the team with the better players blows out their opponents and thus the starters end up sitting after 3 quarters
Dude, pay attention to what I say. I said the WHOLE Florida team is deep, not just the QB position. Ok, I am sorry FLA's QB position wasn't as deep since we only have a top heisman canidate starting. . Now that Newton is healthy, we are deep my friend.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/29/2007, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

FYI - redshirt doesn't mean he can't play at all - It means he can only play a very limited ammount. I forget the exact numbers but its a certain portion of the season. All Meyer and co. had to do was keep track of how much game time he had in the couple of blowout games and made sure not to use him to much.

Only reason I know this is we used - Terry Grant at Bama last year but only a little and he got hurt and they gave a full explination of the rule as to why he was still listed as a redshirt freshman.

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 11/29/2007, 09:56 AM
Always a Buckeye

I'm assuming Terry Grant got a redshirt due to the injury in combination with number of qtrs played.

A healthy player cannot redshirt after the first play he is in on.
Old 11/29/2007, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

interesting, I didnt know that about redshirting.

As far as Tebow's shoulder injury and Ginn's injury, and what might have been and yada yada yada..
any football coach will tell you that you play with the eleven guys you have on the field. Football is filled with injuries. Hell, my Jaguars have been bitten very badly by the injury bug the last couple of years and most likely would have made the playoffs both of those years had it not been for injuries, but Del Rio and the Jags never make excuses. Heck, last week they were without 3 pro bowlers!!! and still took care of business. I admire that.
Old 11/29/2007, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

ok found a blog from a retired compliean guy here is his answer to someone elses question but it explains what I was saying -

The requirement for a medical red shirt is that you can not have competed in more than 20% of the total contests and the contests must have been during the first half of the season. In addition the injury must have been one to keep you from participating in your sport for the remainder of the season.

So yes I guess Terry Grant got a medical Redshirt since he only played like 10 snaps before getting hurt.

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 11/29/2007, 01:31 PM
Here comes the Gators

Yes so Terry Grant got a special case, a healthy player wouldn't.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/29/2007, 03:30 PM
Here comes the Gators

1. Missouri
2. West Virginia
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia
5. Kansas
6. Virginia Tech