Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/17/2005, 10:19 PM
Registered Member

dinoman is a jinx - our dog just got sprayed!!!

Sitting watching Entourage on HBO, when hubby smells a skunk, goes to check on where the dog is, and she's been sprayed AND she's a GSD so her hair just holds on to the stuff.

So off to RC to get the skunk shampoo recipe (thanks, whomever) and we shampooed her three times. Her face still smells a bit, but it's just too damn late to do anything about it tonight. I'll probably end up washing her again tomorrow.

Dino, I think you're bad luck, or maybe Harley is

j/k

Cheryl
Old 07/17/2005, 10:57 PM
Monkey

funny.... I'm not sure they have them in the south.. Haven't smelled a skunk since I moved from CT 4 years ago...

Then again down here they probably eat them.
Old 07/18/2005, 02:58 AM
Comme un soleil ensorcelé

It's not uncommon to see/smell skunks in Texas. You can drive down the highway and smell them quite often.
Old 07/18/2005, 05:09 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

MWWAHHAAHHAAA I had to make someone else feel my pain. Looks like we'll both be giving baths today. Can't wait 'till winter! Then its nice and cool, the porcupines go away, the skunks go away...

I need to find somebody with a pet skunk so I can teach Harley not to even go near them!

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 07/18/2005, 07:23 AM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

Hire a midget (sorry - small person) to dress up in a skunk costume & terrorize him
Old 07/18/2005, 07:30 AM
NARC Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamesurq
funny.... I'm not sure they have them in the south.. Haven't smelled a skunk since I moved from CT 4 years ago...

Then again down here they probably eat them.
Hey, I resemble that remark
I can assure you that we have skunks in the south.
In our area, skunks, 'possums and armadillos seem to be competing for which can provide the most road kill.
Mariner

~The perception is that perception is reality, but the reality is that it isn't.
Old 07/18/2005, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dinoman
MWWAHHAAHHAAA I had to make someone else feel my pain. Looks like we'll both be giving baths today. Can't wait 'till winter! Then its nice and cool, the porcupines go away, the skunks go away...

I need to find somebody with a pet skunk so I can teach Harley not to even go near them!
Oh, man, she still stinks this morning. She won't even raise her head to look me in the eye.

Dino, this is the second time she's been sprayed, so I don't know if they ever learn. And it seems she was sprayed in the face, so she was probably "sniffing" at her new little buddy and...ZAP.

And I thought German Shepherds were supposed to be smart dogs!!!!

Cheryl
Old 07/18/2005, 07:44 AM
Monkeys Rule once more

Time for a day off work guys

http://money.cnn.com/2004/10/22/news/funny/excuses/
Old 07/18/2005, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Scuba_Dave
Hire a midget (sorry - small person) to dress up in a skunk costume & terrorize him

I'll do it!!! I wore the Hamster Costume at the pet store!!! It was funny, I could hardly turn around in that thing , I had a blast... Poor Harley would be terrified of a hamster, he'd be telling all of his buddies his story, they'd be making fun of him ...

TheBimbo

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 07/18/2005, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thebimbo
I'll do it!!! I wore the Hamster Costume at the pet store!!! It was funny, I could hardly turn around in that thing , I had a blast... Poor Harley would be terrified of a hamster, he'd be telling all of his buddies his story, they'd be making fun of him ...

TheBimbo
Trust me on this one, Christy, Scout still stinks, and I'm sure Harley still reeks a bit too. Not a good day to play hamster buddy with the dogs!!!!!

Mike, we need a "stinky" smiley!!!!!

Cheryl
Old 07/18/2005, 08:11 AM
Monkeys Rule once more

Quote:

TheBimbo

PICS ???
Old 07/18/2005, 09:01 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

Quote:
Originally posted by clavery
Trust me on this one, Christy, Scout still stinks, and I'm sure Harley still reeks a bit too. Not a good day to play hamster buddy with the dogs!!!!!

Mike, we need a "stinky" smiley!!!!!

Cheryl
He sure does! Not enough that you can't stand being next to him though. I suppose it wear away...in a year or so .

He gave me a scare this morning. He goes out at 3 AM (when I get up) and at that time of the morning its still dark and he just took off into the dark and I just knew he was chasing that skunk. Foruantly it was just a coon and he treed it.

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 07/18/2005, 09:06 AM
Monkeys Rule once more

How many do you want

Fart In Elevator

Fart In Face
Old 07/18/2005, 09:10 AM
Monkeys Rule once more

And specially for HarleySkunkDog 7
Old 07/18/2005, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mike4271
And specially for HarleySkunkDog 7

Don't forget about Scout, Cheryl's dog!!!

TheBimbo

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 07/18/2005, 09:25 AM
Monkeys Rule once more

Quote:
Don't forget about Scout, Cheryl's dog!!!

TheBimbo

SkunkDog 15

For Scout
Old 07/18/2005, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

Thank you all for your well-wishes. Glad you're entertained on our account. And Mike, thanks for the stinky smileys and smelly doggy pics. I don't know which is worse - her farts or the skunk smell.

So, her face still really smells, but I don't want to get the shampoo in her eyes. Do you think Johnson's Baby Shampoo will work?