Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/23/2005, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

92 oceanic corner

Hello everyone, i have just purchased a 92 gallon corner RR with one overflow. Has anyone ever used an oceanic megaflow sump, if so can you give me some info on them. The only one that fits in the stand is model 1 and i am not sure if it is big enough for my tank. I would also like to use a Euroreef (not sure which size) or an ASM G3 skimmer, can someone tell me which brand is better. Thank You
Old 11/23/2005, 05:42 PM
TRC Leader

Sorry that I don't know much about the sump you are talking about. I will say though that the AMS is the same design skimmer as a Euroreef and does just as good of a job IME. The only difference is that the AMS is not made with as sturdy acrylic/parts as the Euroreef. I think they (the AMS) is a perfect skimmer if you are looking to save a few bucks.
Old 12/04/2005, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

I have a 92G corner and I use a 20G high AGA for the sump and and I have an ASM G-3 in it
Old 12/04/2005, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

The Model 1 IMO is insuffiencient. We have several at the stores..and everyone brings them back. The space in them would not allow a G3 if i remember corrctly.