Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/14/2007, 01:50 AM
Premium Member

Just sharing some pics

Had some spare time today, so just shot some pics of my fish. I'm no photographer and I think my lens needs cleaning, but enjoy anyway =)

Thanks for looking.
Old 12/14/2007, 02:14 AM
Registered Member

looks great!
Old 12/14/2007, 04:24 AM
Registered Member

It's really coming together...
Old 12/14/2007, 08:16 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fishnfst
It's really coming together...
Yeah slowly but surely. As you can see my nassarius and conchs really like to flip over my frags on the sand bed and I just washed my hands with soap so I didnt' want to stick my hand in the tank and fix them up for the pic. I pulled almost all my zoos off the rocks because some of them started to grow on the base rocks.
Old 12/14/2007, 09:05 AM
Semi Reefing Vet

Looks like the RBTA is starting to look like an Rbta. Dammit Dave, I miss my potters now,

" Charles V "
Old 12/14/2007, 01:01 PM
Premium Member

Nice display! I noticed that you're selling two of your T5 retros, and sticking with 4 bulbs because that's enough. What bulbs and what kind of SPS do you have? I have a 4x54 SLS reefgeek retro too and am trying to judge what kind of SPS I can (eventually) add to my tank.

How long have you had the anemone? Did it move around much or stay where you put it?
Old 12/14/2007, 01:11 PM
NaH2O

what kind of wrasse is the pink one in the last picture?
Old 12/14/2007, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

Looking great, Dave.

Need more corals though =D
Old 12/14/2007, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

Looks good Dave. Is that the wrasse you got a couple days ago in the last picture?
Old 12/14/2007, 05:44 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by delsol650
Looks like the RBTA is starting to look like an Rbta. Dammit Dave, I miss my potters now,
Yeah the RBTA is slowly getting it's color back. Pretty amazing. I thought it was a goner for awhile. Yeah the potter's is really a stunning leopard wrasse. Actually all of them are pretty stunning. Chris had a small Blue Star Charles. You should swoop it up. It was less than 2"
Old 12/14/2007, 05:45 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rhythmicfire
what kind of wrasse is the pink one in the last picture?
It is commonly called a Rosy Scales Fairy Wrasse.

Yes Ian, that is the one.
Old 12/14/2007, 05:56 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rekonn
Nice display! I noticed that you're selling two of your T5 retros, and sticking with 4 bulbs because that's enough. What bulbs and what kind of SPS do you have? I have a 4x54 SLS reefgeek retro too and am trying to judge what kind of SPS I can (eventually) add to my tank.

How long have you had the anemone? Did it move around much or stay where you put it?
Yeah I'm selling 2 of the lights. Initially Grim Reefer said I could get away with 4 bulbs, but he said 6 would be better. So I went with 6. After reposting on the T5 thread, he said on a 16' high tank, like mine is, he said I could probably grow across on the sandbed with 4 bulbs. I think he sometimes might get confused with all the questions he helps answer. Can't blame the guy, he is really doing a huge job helping everyone with t5's. I don't have a ton of SPS. Mostly frags, a few milli's, some monitporas.

The bulbs I have are

2 blue plus
2 aqua blue special
1 procolor
1 superactinic

The full tank shots above have all 6 bulbs on. I think it looks too bright and blown out.

As for the anemone, I've had it for 6 months or so. It did move around for a few weeks until it found a nice crevice to put it's foot in and now it hasn't moved since. After 2 months of having it, it bleached out for some reason, and I've been nursing it back to health. It has finally started to turn rose color again.
Old 12/15/2007, 04:57 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

I figured it was a rosy of sort.. didn't want to say anything and be wrong.. n look stupid.. LOL

" Charles V "