Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/07/2008, 01:36 AM
Registered Member

Very nice Flyguy7150!

I don't know what it is but our mandarin also doesn't want to pose for anyone whenever she see's the camera......

As for the post you just put, I sometimes get that when Im impatient and click the submit too many time for the computer to keep up.
Old 01/07/2008, 01:55 AM
Registered Member

Great Build!
Old 01/07/2008, 02:11 AM
Registered Member

thanks garrett

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverfin
Very nice Flyguy7150!

I don't know what it is but our mandarin also doesn't want to pose for anyone whenever she see's the camera......

As for the post you just put, I sometimes get that when Im impatient and click the submit too many time for the computer to keep up.
Silly mandarins, always shy. Hmm, maybe that's it....think the server is slow a lot of times too, but at 1am in the morning lol, come on

Click on my red house to see my 90g RR tank :) Tons of pictures, tons... Click!!!
Old 01/07/2008, 02:20 AM
Registered Member

Alright got my pics loaded on photobucket...Heres how my fish food making went. Picked up this mixed seafood container at walmart, also added some fresh scallops...
Ingredients: Octopus, shrimp, squid, surimi(didn't use all of this though, like one or two pieces), 2 sheets of Nori, spectrum pellets, and garlic extract...

Whipping it up in the blender...

Looks delicious...

I honestly don't like seafood, and hate the smell even worse, but my fishies are worth it
In little bags, got it blended up real well. I'll find out how big the pieces are tomorrow.

My X month supply...

In the freezer it goes...

Click on my red house to see my 90g RR tank :) Tons of pictures, tons... Click!!!
Old 01/07/2008, 06:57 AM
Registered Member

looks like a good meal for the fish flyguy
Old 01/07/2008, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Its feeding time....
the meal, thats a quarter to the left...

Food in

after about a minute or so

most of its gone

Here is a video of them eating...

They seem to like the food, the pieces were chopped up to good enough sizes. Seemed like some of my corals were even able to grab something out the water.

Old 01/07/2008, 02:42 PM
15 & Over Club

wow that garlic guard pic is like putting on a far sighted persons glasses...lol
Old 01/07/2008, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

Yum!
Old 01/07/2008, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CleveYank
wow that garlic guard pic is like putting on a far sighted persons glasses...lol
haha, gotta love my crazy picture taking skills

Old 01/07/2008, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverfin
Yum!
indeed wow i never knew these fish smileys were here lol

Old 01/07/2008, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Nice job on the food, looks good even better than the premaid stuff. Try to save one of the frozen food containers and you can make perfect cubes at the exact amount next time.

Check out my 90G build. Click the little red house.
Old 01/07/2008, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MR PALM BEACH
Nice job on the food, looks good even better than the premaid stuff. Try to save one of the frozen food containers and you can make perfect cubes at the exact amount next time.
Thanx mr. palm beach. Yea, thats a good idea. I still have some mysis shrimp and squid hikari packs. I'll save the containers for next time. Was also thinking of ordering some of these..

http://www.awesomedrinks.com/mix_pro_ice_cubes.html

Cannot find them locally so far.

Old 01/07/2008, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Wow thats pretty cool, thank god for online ordering cause I have no idea where to purchase them aswell.

Check out my 90G build. Click the little red house.
Old 01/07/2008, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

Looks like you have great flow in the feeding video.
Old 01/07/2008, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Wow! what an awesome tank! Is you live rock leaning against the back glass of the tank? I plan on re-aquascaping my 90g. I just bought 25 more pounds of LR, and I'm not at all happy with the aquascaping job I did when I set up my tank.
Old 01/08/2008, 12:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jefnalyssa
Looks like you have great flow in the feeding video.
Yea i think that vid shows the flow better than the bubbles vid lol.

Old 01/08/2008, 12:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fishyz
Wow! what an awesome tank! Is you live rock leaning against the back glass of the tank? I plan on re-aquascaping my 90g. I just bought 25 more pounds of LR, and I'm not at all happy with the aquascaping job I did when I set up my tank.
thanks fishyz. Only one piece of rock is actually leaning on the back glass, the top piece on the right side. I'm pretty happy with my aquascape, it seemed to just form perfectly the way i wanted with the rock i bought, im glad

Old 01/09/2008, 12:20 AM
Registered Member

Well, i'm in need of some led moonlights. Seems kinda boring when all the lights are off. Thinking of getting these...

from superbrightleds.com, the lb1 series. It has 12 leds and can be seperated into 4 pieces with 3 leds each. Should cost around $25 shipped for the blue ones. Anyone ever use these??

Old 01/09/2008, 02:51 AM
Registered Member

I'm in the same boat that you are as far as moon lights. It's hard to tell by that pic. First thing that came to mind is "don't do the white's"!

I just bought these from ebay to mod into my canopy. I figured I could angle them the way I want them to shine...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...TODAY.m238.lVI
Old 01/09/2008, 03:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffmperez
I'm in the same boat that you are as far as moon lights. It's hard to tell by that pic. First thing that came to mind is "don't do the white's"!

I just bought these from ebay to mod into my canopy. I figured I could angle them the way I want them to shine...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...TODAY.m238.lVI
Yea, I was planning on doing blue. That's just the picture they have on the website. Those ebay leds look pretty good, i don't think 20 leds are needed for my size tank, but its good to have extras. Let me see some pics of how they turn out though jeff. Would love to see it.

Old 01/09/2008, 03:46 AM
Registered Member

Will do. Still got to build the canopy though.
Old 01/09/2008, 03:47 AM
Registered Member

Wish I had your help too. Love yours!
Old 01/09/2008, 03:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffmperez
Wish I had your help too. Love yours!
thanx, if you were a lot closer . It is not that hard though, basic tools needed really, cept the pocket hole jig, dunno if thats under that list. But theres ways around that.