Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 01/30/2006, 02:41 PM
1coral;qd;prn

Buyers Beware ~ tangey

Just wanted to post my experience i had with this seller to let any other potential buyers see what they might be in for....

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=743336

January 7th ~ I paypaled tangey $43 for 2 10-15 polyp frags of the 2 zoa colonies pictured below.

January 17th ~ they get mailed.

January 20th ~ they arrive, a heat pack was in there but hard as a rock and ice cold. i drip acclimate them for an hour before placing them in the tank near my other zoa colonies.

Todays the 30th, and neither of the frags he sent me show any signs of wanting to open. All other frags I've bought @ a LFS, or from a reef club member, or have had sent from a purchase online have all opened up the very same day. I've had other purchases PM me with similar experiences so I figured since I hadn't seen them post anything I might as well. After a few days I PM'd him but he told me to just give it more time, and that they were finicky. tangey, your PM box is now full, and I am tired of giving it a few more days.. they're done for.

as pictured:

as they arrived and are still today:

Old 01/31/2006, 09:08 PM
Moved On

I have contaced you and we are working something out so I would appreciate it if you woudl take this off because they were open in my tank and maybe they died during shipping. I put a 72 hour heat pack in so not sure why it was cold but we are working something out so I would appreciate it if you would take this off. Like I said you can see the picture and thats what they looked under my lights and that 260 watts of pc lighting. Liek I said they praobly died during shipping considered I live on the other part of the country. I am working this out with you so please remove this.
thanks
ryan
Old 01/31/2006, 09:11 PM
Moved On

ALso they were 10-15 polyp frags not the colonies. You can clearly see that in my thread it says 10-15 polyps. I don't think anyone would sell 200 polyp colonies for $15 each. Like I sadi please reamove this for we are working things out and the information about you recieving a COLONY is not correct.
thanks again
ryan
Old 01/31/2006, 10:26 PM
1coral;qd;prn

Quote:
Originally posted by tangey
ALso they were 10-15 polyp frags not the colonies. You can clearly see that in my thread it says 10-15 polyps. I don't think anyone would sell 200 polyp colonies for $15 each. Like I sadi please reamove this for we are working things out and the information about you recieving a COLONY is not correct.
thanks again
ryan
Nowhere in my post did I state that I was getting or anticipating zoanthid colonies. As you reread my post you will more clearly see that I stated that what I recieved from you were frags, and the only mention of a colony is of when I put your frags next to MY colonies.

Quote:
Originally posted by dfiddy
January 7th ~ I paypaled tangey $43 for 2 10-15 polyp frags of the 2 zoa colonies pictured below.

January 20th ~ they arrive, a heat pack was in there but hard as a rock and ice cold. i drip acclimate them for an hour before placing them in the tank near my other zoa colonies.

Todays the 30th, and neither of the frags he sent me show any signs of wanting to open. All other frags I've bought @ a LFS, or from a reef club member, or have had sent from a purchase online have all opened up the very same day. I've had other purchases PM me with similar experiences so I figured since I hadn't seen them post anything I might as well. After a few days I PM'd him but he told me to just give it more time, and that they were finicky. tangey, your PM box is now full, and I am tired of giving it a few more days.. they're done for.
Old 02/02/2006, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

FWIW, I'm pretty certain that the zoas on the 3rd picture isn't dead. I'm even more certain that it's alive since it has been several days and it looks the same as when it arrived. Dead zoas melt away within a day or two. You'll just be left with a bare rock. Polyps are actually "plump" so I'd say it has a good chance of opening up.

Picture quality on the 4th picture is bad so can't help you there.
Old 02/03/2006, 12:03 AM
Moved On

I still have not seen anything or heard from him!!! I am starting to think i got hosed on this deal.
Old 02/03/2006, 02:28 PM
Moved On

I just pm'd you I am in school most of the day.
I checked usps and it says it was delievered feb 2 at 3:14.
heres the tracking/confirmation number

anyone who sees this you can track it and see i am not lying. I think you may be screwing me saying you haven't got them and just want me to send you more zoos