Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/12/2007, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

lorawalters13 does not respond

Talked to her well over a month ago. She was very interested in my blue zoos and promised to send a Money order. I told her I would even throw in a freebie. Needless to say, she has not responded to my pms so I just want this to be seller beware. Even though I was not snubbed, just want other sellers to be aware of the activity. After she never responded, I sold them in one day, so its partly my fault for waiting so long for her. Anyway, I digress
Old 09/12/2007, 10:40 PM
sweeeet!!

So she never sent the money?? And you never sent the corals?? What's your beef then?? Personally, I would not accept anything but PayPal. That way you are inured.

Let it snow, I have a hobby to pay for!!!
Old 09/13/2007, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr James
So she never sent the money?? And you never sent the corals?? What's your beef then?? Personally, I would not accept anything but PayPal. That way you are inured.
You are correct sir! No money, no corals. I have been on here an awfully long time and seen many bad dealings. Not that this was any way shape or form other than letting my kindness out there once again. You tend to trust people that pm you off the bat bunches of times and promise you over and over that they will do something. Just poiting this out to any other potential sellers of the activity. Let me just say, I debated on putting this out there, but the part of me that enjiys this site so much won out and I thought sellers may want to know. Just take it for what its worth. Also, antime I have sold something here, it was paypal. This user seems very nice so I told her, not only would I sell her my blue zoos for a Great price, I would throw an another small frag of my choice. I guess I want try to accept Money orders again. Although, if she would have just sent it, or just pmed me that she was not interested, it would have been cool with me.
Old 09/13/2007, 08:14 AM
WTMRAC Pres 07~08

I have dealt with her on several occasions and have nothing but good things to say about my dealings with her. Im not sure what happened with your deal but I wish all my dealings with buyers/sellers were as good as mine have been with her.

Click the Red House to see my tank pictures.
Old 09/13/2007, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sperry
I have dealt with her on several occasions and have nothing but good things to say about my dealings with her. Im not sure what happened with your deal but I wish all my dealings with buyers/sellers were as good as mine have been with her.

Good to hear. I wish no bad will to anyone, just putting my experience out there.
Old 10/04/2007, 01:31 PM
Premium Member

Biggest problem is people thinking they have a recourse if they use paypal...unless the item came through e-bay your chances of being covered are slim to none...
Old 10/04/2007, 03:25 PM
Garbologist

This forum is for posting about deals gone bad, no pay for items, no item for pay, bad quality, etc. Not for a deal that never happened.

Closed

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."