Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes

Old 10/21/2007, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Opinions needed

Right now I have a 50 gallon tank (36x18x18) With one Gsm(approx. 3-4") a lawnmower Blenny(approx. 5-6") and a Bullet Head Goby(approx. 5-6"), a sebae anemone, and a small pistol shrimp that survived a lionfish that is no longer in the tank, with about 55lbs of live rock and about 3-4" of aragonite/crushed coral. My next additions will be a pair of Pearly Jawfish, and one more active swimmer. I was thinking either A. a six line wrasse. B. a Long Nose Hawk. C. a very small naso(will be moved when it gets too big) D. a small Power Brown Tang(same deal as with the naso). or something else, I'm open for suggestions.

This is a reef including SPS, LPS, Mushrooms and Zoos whenever I find some nice ones that are worth dropping the money for.

the pistol shrimp is my only shrimp/crab in the tank and since it survived the lion, I wouldn't see a problem with getting a fish that eats em.

Thanks much
Old 10/21/2007, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

oops. I just realized that I forgot to ask my questions, so anyways, which addition would you reccomend
Old 10/21/2007, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

Defintely not reccomend the tang, even though you will find it a new home later when it gets bigger, I just don't think it is right. I would lean more towards the sixline over the hawk because of the shrimp. If you want an active swimmer, the sixline is it, hawks generally just sit and perch.
Old 10/21/2007, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

like I said the shrimp survived a lion who survived purely on ghost shrimp so I don't think that as a problem but I'm still open to all suggestions