Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Coral & Livestock Trading
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/16/2006, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

Miami, FL zoo's for trade.

ok well basically here's what i have for trade. these pics aren't very good and if you don't get something you like i'll send more. Plus, most of these are absolutely gorgeous under actinics. i'll describe as i post pics.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...k/DSCF1070.jpg
from left to right:
Light green skirt w baby blue outer ring and neon pink center. These are pretty. I think they're called Bubble gum zoo's. Not sure.
next, These are kinda plain and have light brown outer ring with an almost white core. Kinda platinumish looking. These have been fragged for a week and i can already count atleast 7 baby polyps growing.
next, Neon skirt w blueish purple core and neon green center.
next, Brown ring with blue core and white mouth.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...k/DSCF1067.jpg
This frag has about 70 polyps on it. So it's more of a colony. Brown skirt with purple blue and white inner

.http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...k/DSCF1068.jpg
this one is too messy to list all descriptions but the front left is the nicest as it's mixed with BRIGHT neon green zoos and these wierd silver, blue, white, and brown zoos. very electric. most likely my favorites.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...k/DSCF1069.jpg
one again from left to right, here you see some of the neon greens i was talking about.
Just to the right are green skirts with electric blue centers and
white mouths.
and then again in the back right are soem more bubble gum zoo's.

let me know if you're interested through pm. ALL OF THESE WERE FRAGGED on the 15th. i'm not sure of the names as they were given to me by a friend. Hope you like them and we can trade. I'm also not sure of the rarity of these. Doesn't matter to me either way. A zoo is a zoo. I'm interested in all corals except zoo's as my tank is full of them.
Old 06/16/2006, 01:10 PM
President emeritus, ORCA

Sending pm...Do you want to trade for zoo's or something else.
Old 06/16/2006, 08:13 PM
Moved On

you got those out of the ocean didnt you? nice.
Old 06/17/2006, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

still available for trade. i have better pics now too.
Old 06/17/2006, 05:38 PM
Moved On

one day there wont be any left.
Old 06/17/2006, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dactyl
being in florida you have access to alot of free resources. of you need any rock or small stones to glue frags to you simply go to your backyard. found some cool rock anemones out there once too.
Just seems a little ironic to me.
Old 06/17/2006, 06:18 PM
Moved On

i have no problems with people taking stuff for personal use - IN SMALL QUANTITIES.

i told a guy about where to find zoos once. the next time i talked to him he told me how he scraped them wholesale off the rock with a paint scraper and then traded them to lfs for store credit.
i was agast. people here have zero ethics for conservation or trying to LIMIT impact.

if youre taking a few polyps to grow them out thats fine but from those pictures i can see they were scraped off rocks wholesale. there are holes in the polyp mat where oysters usually are. its about sustainable collection not raping nature especially when its for profit.
Old 06/18/2006, 02:58 AM
Registered Member

look. i'm really sorry about this. but these really were given to me by a friend. i'm not trying to rape the ocean of it's natural resources because i live in miami. this is my first batch of frags of anything and they were given to me. Ocean or not this wasn't my intentions and i hope that there's a possibility that these can be traded to a good home. If not then i'll have to grow them myself.
Old 06/18/2006, 10:41 AM
President emeritus, ORCA

Tell these guys to post comments about conservation and comments about you raping the earth somewhere else. I believe as strongly as they do in conservation and I believe in zero impact aquariums. But when you assume something about a seller without any proof and then go on a rant about how they are evil and they are destroying the earth, this is completely wrong. They have no clue where you got your stuff and you should not have to defend yourself from ignorant(relative to the situation) people. Bump for another regular person trying to make it in the world without the scrutiny and assumptions of others.
Old 06/18/2006, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

I like the ones in the second pic. What are you looking for? I would like to see the newer pics also that you have. Thanks
Old 06/18/2006, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

Could I see the new pics of the 3rd set. thanks

BRONCOS!!!!
Old 06/18/2006, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Cschweitzer,please don't include me as one of those that are giving the original poster a hard time-I'm not & was not.My post was directed at Dactyl,who accused Itz Frank of taking them from the ocean-even though in the first post Frank states where he got them from.Maybe I should of written that at the time,but I too thought it was not right to be accused by someone who themselves takes items & then gives someone else a hard time for allegedly doing the same thing,but without any proof.I hope this clears up what I should of said originally.Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Old 06/18/2006, 06:41 PM
President emeritus, ORCA

No, no. I was just saying anyone who was giving a hard time to the original poster. These are trading forums, not ethical debates. No coral has magically appeared...at some point everything that we as collector's have is from the ocean. Just because it was grown in a house, it was born and bred of the ocean. If all laws are being followed(especially here in FL where you can legally collect corals with a permit), noone can gripe at the person taking them. Gripe to the senate to make it illegal. No disrespect meant to anyone who has shown respect themselves. Mad love to all involved in such a wonderful hobby as this.
Old 06/18/2006, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

No offense taken. Anyone interested please PM with what you're looking to trade and what you're interested in. New pics will be sent to individuals upon PM.