Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Tampa Bay Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/20/2006, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

Talking New tank shots for the hollidays

Hey everyone,

well thanks to a few people I have added quite a bit into the 360 again, and yes its just in time for the hollidays. Here are a few pics and Ill post some more if everyone one is interested.. Wishing you and yours the Happiest durring the holiday season.

Merry Christmas,
Charles-

Old 12/20/2006, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

few more pics...

Old 12/20/2006, 12:32 PM
Patient Reefer

OK...I'm drooling!!!
Old 12/20/2006, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

thanks - lol your gonna get here soon enough my friend

oh and I forgot one down in the grow out system that i had on hold till i could figure out where to place him , so i moved a few things and here is the pic of him too

Old 12/20/2006, 01:12 PM
Registered Member

wow those are some sweet caps.nice tank
Old 12/20/2006, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

oh my god. that is just absolutely stunning. that's the most beautiful turaki i've ever seen. it's looking more and more like the great barrier reef each update. tampa looks like it's gonna have it's first tank of the month soon.
Old 12/20/2006, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Beautiful... Dam I need to get my MH's working.
Old 12/20/2006, 03:49 PM
Premium Member

Beautiful tank, Everything looks like it's on steroids....lol...I'm jealous.... I'll get there one day, hopefully..... Again, sweet set-up..
Perry
Old 12/20/2006, 04:06 PM
Patient Reefer

Do us all a favor. Post pics of the operating system and lights and details about them.
Mike
Old 12/20/2006, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

Yep what Mike said I'd like to know what lighting you are using. Very pretty tank.
Old 12/20/2006, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for all the response everyone!
I am working on my SLR camera to try and take some better or more indepth,detailed pictures of the corals and then im going to scan them into the computer because, I will have a better pixal resolution. anyways as for the system I'm currently running 5 400w MH( 2 14k on the far left , a 20k in the middle then a 10k over where the bali slimer is and then another 20k on the end) with 2 72" super atnics for suplimental lighting. I have a CS12-2 recirculating Euroreef skimmer , and a standard rubbermade sump( skimped out there) but I also run a 1/2 horse chiller (set for 77*) and an approx. 22gal fuge/ frag system(now, for What isnt filled with the macro). I have a few frags set in there and its lit with a aqua medic 150w (14k i think it is) from phoenix. Really thats the system in a nut shell. Water Perams are all excellent and I keep the lights on for about 8hrs a day +/- if i want them on longer or shorter. I add A and B about 1 -2 times a wk. and add water about every other day to account for evaporation.

P.s.
I got something yet again today, and its only cause I couldnt pass up a deal ... Here is a pic or two I just hope that he minds his P's and Q's or he will be searching for a new home ..also a better pic I though of my slimer , and just out of curiousity will he bother my clams( the carpet that is)? I really haven't heard of one doing any harm but I want to make sure.. Thanks again everyone !

and the slimer pic...

Merry Christmas again everyone!
Charles-
Old 12/20/2006, 09:07 PM
Patient Reefer

Absolutely fabulous. I hope mine turns out that well.
Old 12/20/2006, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

wow were did you get that ? you don't see those often. it looks to be a gigantea. if so it's time to change the theme of your tank. move your colonies aside put him on a rock right under your halides and aim your seios at him. good luck with him.
Old 12/20/2006, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

Mflamb -
quote : "Absolutely fabulous. I hope mine turns out that well."

I have no doubt yours will, your tank is gonna rock give it some time and take it slow... I did it a bit rushed and came out lucky, "knock on wood". Its always a learning lesson though, and there will always be the ups and the downs!

Mattliu-

I had luck and found him here at a LFS, there was him and a candy apple green one (which I have never seen a color like that 1 before) and I was thinking about getting both but I only got the blue one... Im thinking i might go back and see the green one again but to change out the whole 360 for a few carpets might be a bit extreem... he's probably about 8" if he were to fully open +/- an 1" or so..
Old 12/21/2006, 07:25 AM
Premium Member

Things are looking good charles those peices you got from me added a bunch of color to an already fabulous tank it is looking fantastic

George
Old 12/21/2006, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

What's that in the upper left corner of that pic?

Old 12/21/2006, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

thanks george, couldnt have done it without ya! Now as for that purple cap.... lol....and amheck its my baby gigas thats about 12-14"... you can see a better pic of him in the second one down from the top.