Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/11/2007, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

Frustrated

Maybe bad timing on my part but ,went to AZSB last Thursday at 12:30 sign on door" closed "! Went back today at 1:30 sign on door "closed gone to airport". I'm sure I won't be going back anytime soon.
Old 12/11/2007, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

I had the same problem, except 2 out of the 3 times it said open but was actually closed. and the 3rd time was the midnight sale which he was open.
Old 12/11/2007, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

Sounds like Paul still needs to hire someone. . That would really P me off. Especially since I have driven 55 miles or so to go there.

The really unfortunate thing is this isn't the first time I have heard this.
Old 12/11/2007, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

Hey Bob, I must of just missed you Was just there around 1:30 as well.

I enjoyed looking through the glass though. Had to go to Petco (arggggh).

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds. - B.M.
Old 12/11/2007, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

man i jeep telling him il work for free on the weekends it reall is a nice shop, and hes a nice guy, just understaffed
Old 12/11/2007, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, try coming from Bell and Cotton lane and seeing a closed sign.. Just gonna have to call each time before I go.
Old 12/11/2007, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

yeah, I might recommend calling before driving that far...at least until he hires someone else for the shop. It sucks that it's turning some people off of the store, it's really a great place.
Old 12/11/2007, 08:09 PM
][D][][V][][D

It's hard to get a hold of anyone there calling them also! Unless he has changed his phone system, it's hard to get through to them on the phone....
Old 12/11/2007, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Tried calling and got the press 1 for sales and so on never a live person.

Sorry we missed each other Chris.
Old 12/11/2007, 08:31 PM
Premium Member

I've been there on several occasions. Once it was "open" However I walked around the store for 20 minutes without even seeing anyone. Finally just walked out. Another time it was closed during posted business hours. And my last visit the store was in total disarray. The it's just getting open bit is ok but at what point are you no longer just getting open ad you are actually open?

I hope Paul is successful and able to make a go of it. However, the missteps seem to be piling up.
Old 12/11/2007, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

his sign usually says closed but he is there he just forgets to switch the sign!
Old 12/11/2007, 11:24 PM
Registered Member

Anything past the Westside 101 is too far for me. When I need something, I dial 714-385-0080. When gas is $3 a gallon, $10 for shipping is still cheaper than driving to get (or more than likely not getting) what I need.
Old 12/12/2007, 10:18 AM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

I like the place but I get a little frustrated at times, hard to get ahold of anyone on the phone, I always hear a delay/echo on the phone - I just chalk it up to growing pains I guess. They definitely need another person. I'm waiting for some stuff to get in and I can't reach anyone via phone or PM (on azfrag).

Closed minds should come with closed mouths.
Old 12/12/2007, 02:15 PM
Moved On

I just called the store today, and Paul picked right up.. I think he got rid of that menu system he was using.
Old 12/12/2007, 02:34 PM
Ooops

Customer Service.
Old 12/12/2007, 03:04 PM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Hey got back to me as well. Growing pains are rough, been there ... done that.

Old 12/12/2007, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Call.... make an appointment..... you know he'll be there... he will know you'll be there....

Works for me........

Pauls a real nice guy, nice shop so far, give him time to settle in and I think you'll have a great new resource in Phoenix!!
Old 12/12/2007, 03:10 PM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

IIRC, he is also taking delivery of some pretty amazing things this month. Couple amazing display tanks and other things. I'm sure there were some unexpected emergency trips to pick them up. Not making excuses - hopefully they'll get help soon - but I'd imagine these experiences will be a thing of the past come 08.

Old 12/12/2007, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, Pauls a cool dude and so is Louie. I have to remind myself to call before going.

On a side note, Pauls handwriting sucks I could barely make out what he wrote on his "gone to the airport" note. but he's a pretty big guy so regular pens must be like writing with toothpicks for him.

I'm still going. What else am I gonna do for lunch?

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds. - B.M.
Old 12/12/2007, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

prices are good, store is...well, in rough shape. ive been in a couple times and also didnt get the best customer service(not the worst though!). hard to get paul to look away from his computer monitor...i think he spends a lot of his day reading whats being written on here. the store itself is just cluttered and dissorganized, doesnt seem like it would take long to get it looking better just needs to get off the internet a couple days and get motivated. with that being said, paul i'm sure you'r reading this as soon as its posted. just a little constructive criticism. we all want to see you succeed, so take customers complaints as an opportunity to better your business...and dont let it hurt your feelings. hiring someone i'm sure isnt an option at this point in the game...i bet he has a lot of overhead as it is and probably isnt getting the business that he needs to cover even that.
Old 12/14/2007, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

You naysayers are all nuts.

Paul's store has been a godsend for me. I don't have to drive all the way across town to get what I'm looking for, his prices are, for the most part, awesome, and when my tank was in big danger of melting down a couple of months ago, Paul was able to calm me down and pretty much talked me through the whole thing.

I've never encountered these closure issues and have actually had times when I've gone there past their posted business hours and found either Paul or Jack willing to help.

If I can avoid it, I sure as hell won't be going to another store.
Old 12/14/2007, 09:25 PM
Mushroom King

There is somthing the lot of you seem to be forgetting this man has done online ordering for folks for the longest time and when you do online ordering you have no hours you have no responsibilty you answer to no one and you don't have to have people skills as long as you have the ability to say hi ,here's your stuff, this is how much you owe me then you have it made as far as online ordering goes.
I to have encountered all three of the guys in one way or another Louie seems ok not to much interaction with him so I can't say. I beleave his name was Jeff my first time there and all be it I was the only one in the store at the time he followed me around answering everying I asked him and when others came in he greeted them and posted himself at the register I would assume to keep watch over the store. Now as far as Paul himself what I wrote in the upper half of this goes for him. I have encountered him twice the first time he was cocky and like others have said did not leave his perch at the register even when I was the only on in there asking him questions it was like a waste of time for him to be bothered. lol, I honestly wasn't surprise I didn't expect him to have a great attitude between having to build his stock ,hold his inventory, learn how to deal with people and customer service not to mention organizing that store. Somthing you guys need to understand he is building every day he is working out the kinks and made the store front in order to better serve everyone. Until he gets help it will be a hit or miss when those fish start coming in and they call from the airport for him to go pick them up he will go and lock his doors those fish come first. His prices WILL go up no way around that or he will fail at what he is trying to do and he WILL learn people skills ( i hope) as time progresses. That will be a dam fine little store in 4-6 more months right now it sucks but give it time I figure he'll need 8-12 months before he's up and rolling properly or he'll be closed and working out his garage agian. Just My opions as a person looking in and business owner looking out. Takes time and for people to understand is all. Just chill and let the man do what he do

Dam these Mushrooms why must I love shrooms so much. If only I could grow somthing else >:)

"Ya I shot ya....What you gonna do about it ??" Cupid
Old 12/14/2007, 10:21 PM
Moved On

Has anyone posted this over @ AZfrag? So Paul could respond?
Old 12/15/2007, 01:13 AM
Mushroom King

not that I have seen I will if no one else does I would like to hear what he has to say

Dam these Mushrooms why must I love shrooms so much. If only I could grow somthing else >:)

"Ya I shot ya....What you gonna do about it ??" Cupid
Old 12/15/2007, 03:39 AM
Registered Member

dude im still all for working for free, i could even set up his telephone system :0