Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences

Old 12/31/2007, 02:54 PM
New Aquatronica Fan

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11478429#post11478429 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by janakaybravo
I noticed on their website just one overflow in the middle. How does that work out? I currenty have a 120 with two overflows and I really don't like the way they look. They take up too much room. If I was to get a 180 should it have two overflows or one?
And can you specify to them how many or does it come standard with one? I also like the fact you can order a blue cover for it.
We have an LFS here (who is just a few exits away from GlassCages ) who have one of the tanks with a center overflow... they made it look GREAT. I think they have black acrylic around it and then stacked rock around the middle. Its a cube tank, so you've got 4 great views of the different things in the tank all the way around it. I like it a lot!

I also have a 45g from GlassCages that I'm very happy with. Only way I could get starphire for this cheap. They were a little difficult to deal with on the phone (IE, don't count on customer service... there's not any), but the tank is great.

Brandon
Old 12/31/2007, 03:07 PM
Patient Reefer

When you order from GC, they will put the overflow or overlfows where ever you want it/them, and as large as you want, with as many holes as you want. My 390 has 3 overflow boxes and i had 8 holes drilled. They also put the cross braces in depending on the number of MH lights you plan to use if that's what you're using.
Old 01/01/2008, 03:53 PM
Registered Member

I belief that I am going to give GC a try and order 150g from them.
Old 01/02/2008, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

i personaly have a GC tank and love it. the starphire is awesome. my tank is 130" x24" x28" had it drilled to my specs and then built my own overflows for it. and as far as not being good tanks goes this is my favorite tank out of all i have had and do have. ive also moved this giant and when i did i went over it with a fine tooth comb and no stress anywhere on this tank. it is absolutely rock solid. and when i go bigger i will order from them again
Old 01/03/2008, 12:05 AM
Registered Member

How do you decide when ordering a custom tank where and how many overflows to put?
Old 01/03/2008, 01:12 AM
New Aquatronica Fan

Its whatever you want! Personally, I do recommend doing at least two drain pipes in case one becomes clogged.

As far as where and how many overflows, look around and see what you like. I personally chose a horizontal overflow because it was pretty easy and cheap to DIY and I just kind of like it.

Brandon
Old 01/08/2008, 04:52 PM
Beer King

I have a 180 from them & have been very pleased. I have the starfire on all 3 viewing sides. My only suggestion is if your goin to use there overflow covers then have them widen the teeth to give you more flow. Also go with the 2 overflows with 2 returns & 2 drains.
Old 01/09/2008, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

What about their acrylic tank? I am looking into a 72*30*30. I hate acrylic because of scratching but glass is just too heavy.