Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/20/2007, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by trueblackpercula
what's the difference from that and the ones designed for Reeftanks suck as Zeovit brand AA?
Michael
Probabilemte nessuna...solo che è più comodo scendere sotto casa e comprarli direttamente in farmacia piuttosto che ordinarli tramite internet, pagarli molto di più....aspettare che arrivino, poi magari sono sbagliati ecc ecc ecc
solo per questo

meglio comunque usare amminoacidi specifici per acquari di barriera...come ad esempio quelli zeovit o di qualunque altro tipo....almeno siamo sicuri di non fare qualche danno...
evitate di fare esperimenti

grazie!
Old 01/20/2007, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Probabilemte nessuna...solo che è più comodo scendere sotto casa e comprarli direttamente in farmacia piuttosto che ordinarli tramite internet, pagarli molto di più....aspettare che arrivino, poi magari sono sbagliati ecc ecc ecc
solo per questo

meglio comunque usare amminoacidi specifici per acquari di barriera...come ad esempio quelli zeovit o di qualunque altro tipo....almeno siamo sicuri di non fare qualche danno...

grazie!
No Probabilemte. ..solo that is more comfortable to come down under house and to buy them directly in pharmacy rather that to order the means internet, to pay the a lot of more. ...aspettare that arrive, then even if ecc are blundered ecc alone ecc for this

Better however it use specific amminoacidi for aquariums of barrier. ..come for example those zeovit or of whatever other type. ...almeno we are secure of not to do some damage... you avoid to do experiments

Thanks!
Old 01/20/2007, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

Those translations dont really help all that much.
Old 01/20/2007, 08:53 PM

Old 01/20/2007, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

what's the difference from that and the ones designed for Reeftanks suck as Zeovit brand AA?

I made a mistake in the spelling

Quote:
suck as Zeovit brand
It should not read suck .........it should read such. sorry about that everyone as I like the zeo brand just wish it was not that expensive.
Michael
IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE.......
BAREBOTTOM ALL THE WAY®
Old 01/20/2007, 09:36 PM

Don't worry. Just a Freudian slip.
Old 01/20/2007, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

I will be feeding the tank tonight..........I will take some pictures to show what the corals look like in the morning.
Michael
Sir ............. I would have to agree with you why look for a cheaper version and play around with disaster.........when for a few more $$$$ you can get the right chemicals.
P.S. I use only Zeo additives to my system they work well for me.
Michael
BAREBOTTOM ALL THE WAY®
Old 01/21/2007, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I will be feeding the tank tonight..........I will take some pictures to show what the corals look like in the morning.
Michael
Sir ............. I would have to agree with you why look for a cheaper version and play around with disaster.........when for a few more $$$$ you can get the right chemicals.
P.S. I use only Zeo additives to my system they work well for me.
Michael
Certo...sempre meglio usare prodotti specifici per acquari.....come vi ho scritto sopra.

aspetto le foto

ciao
Old 01/21/2007, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

Roadtoad translation above please????
Old 01/21/2007, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

I snaped a few pictures and this is the results . I do see PE response from all corals only time will tell if my Sps will grow from it. I will post some new pictures in a month to compare or if I get super PE and or brighter colors.
I still think that AA will play a big factor in the growth of the corals and HGH helps even more. Now if i could get hold of some I would be glade to post results (HGH) that is.
Sir................... Thanks again for all the help what ya think of my 7 month old tank can't wait for it to be a few years old
Michael

BAREBOTTOM ALL THE WAY®
Old 01/21/2007, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

This is my daytime PE after starting the pappone.

I know, it can be better, but I came from a sterile tank with not much PE.

Leonardo

"Formosa Forest"
(click red house)
Old 01/21/2007, 06:48 PM
Pappone Nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Certo...sempre meglio usare prodotti specifici per acquari.....come vi ho scritto sopra.

aspetto le foto

ciao
Certainly...its is always better to use products specific for aquaiums...like what I wrote for you all above.

I await the photos

----------

hey guys, sorry I've been MIA but school is absolutely nuts. I've got over 20 hours of lab a week in additon to 15 hours of lecture, then homework on top of that, so I'm not going to be able to translate much...

I was able to mix up a batch of pappone a couple of days ago and I'll see how it does. I also asked around and people are using this: http://reefstar.de/english/aminos_eng.htm

However, I can't find anyone that carries it here in the US (homework for someone else who has time).

Frankly, in the meantime just use an AA supplement from like Korallin or Salifert. They were designed for aquarium use and are liquid with dosing instructions on them.

I honestly can't say how much AA supplement to use, because everything has different concentrations in them. So it would be best (and safest) to stick with aquarium designed liquids I think.

Sir: Sto lavorando con la traduzzione per il tuo articolo. Sono molto occupato con la scuola e il compito, ma ho tempo ora.
Old 01/21/2007, 06:54 PM
Pappone Nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
solo per questo

grazie!
In response to (quote):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translation:

Probably nothing...only that it is more comfortable/easy to leave your house and buy aminos directly from a pharmacy than to order them from the internet and pay even more....then wait for them to arrive and then maybe they screwed up and it's the wrong order/product...etc.

its is better to use aminos specific for reef aquaria...like for example zeovi or another brand...at least we are sure that they wont cause problems....you should avoid experimenting

Thanks!
Old 01/21/2007, 07:39 PM
Coral Killer

Thanks DX
Litermeter III,PCX-70 pushing 2 Eductors,Geo 624 Ca Reactor,125 sump, Dart Return
Old 01/22/2007, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sir................... Thanks again for all the help what ya think of my 7 month old tank can't wait for it to be a few years old
Michael
Complimenti Michael!!!!! animali bellissimi e in gran forma vedrai come cresceranno!!

per me è sempre un piacere aiutarvi....sempre che io sia in grado.

ciao Fabio
Old 01/22/2007, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sir: Sto lavorando con la traduzzione per il tuo articolo. Sono molto occupato con la scuola e il compito, ma ho tempo ora. [/B]
perfect

probabilmente uscirà prima la versione italiana dell'articolo...vi manderò in link appena possibile. Sempre nel nostro magazine www.reefitalia.com
Old 01/22/2007, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

I have a question? The BC method, they state a PH of 8.4 to 8.5 and I know Randy recommends high PH, says the corals well do better calcifing with a high PH. It seems to me a person would have to be using mainly kalk, instead of calc reactor. Any thoughts.???
Old 01/22/2007, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jmann
I have a question? The BC method, they state a PH of 8.4 to 8.5 and I know Randy recommends high PH, says the corals well do better calcifing with a high PH. It seems to me a person would have to be using mainly kalk, instead of calc reactor. Any thoughts.???
Sicuramente un ph alto, aiuta la calcificazione...
si può usare tranquillamente anche sol ola kalkwasser, ma tutto dipende da :
-grandezza della vasca
-numero di coralli presenti
se riesci a mantenere alto il calcio e i carbonati utilizzando solo la kw allora va bene...altrimenti il reattore di calcio è fondamentale per mantenere l'equilibrio chimico della vasca.
di solito la kalk viene utilizzata insieme ai reattori di calcio...in questo modo hai sia un aumento del ph (grazie alle caratteristiche basiche dell'idrossido di calcio...) sia un grande apporto di calcio e carbonati che derivano dalla sabbia corallina che è nel reattore...

tutto qui.

ciao
Old 01/22/2007, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Translation please???
Old 01/22/2007, 02:50 PM
Coral Killer

This thread is making me wish i knew mnore Italian than Tartufo and Tiramisu.
Litermeter III,PCX-70 pushing 2 Eductors,Geo 624 Ca Reactor,125 sump, Dart Return
Old 01/22/2007, 05:34 PM
Registered Member

DX we need you
Old 01/22/2007, 06:15 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Sicuramente un ph alto, aiuta la calcificazione...
si può usare tranquillamente anche sol ola kalkwasser, ma tutto dipende da :
-grandezza della vasca
-numero di coralli presenti
se riesci a mantenere alto il calcio e i carbonati utilizzando solo la kw allora va bene...altrimenti il reattore di calcio è fondamentale per mantenere l'equilibrio chimico della vasca.
di solito la kalk viene utilizzata insieme ai reattori di calcio...in questo modo hai sia un aumento del ph (grazie alle caratteristiche basiche dell'idrossido di calcio...) sia un grande apporto di calcio e carbonati che derivano dalla sabbia corallina che è nel reattore...

tutto qui.

ciao
I think I may be close in translating that...

Sure a high pH will help calcification ... can be done slowly dripping kalkwasser, but it all depends For examples:
- The size of the tank
- The number corals
If you succeed in maintaining high calcium carbonate only using the kw... otherwise the calcium reactor is fundamental in order to maintain the equilibrium chemical of the tank. Usually kalk is used with calcium reactors... in this way you have is an increase of ph (thanks to the basic characteristics of the "idrossido" of calcium...) is a great contribution of calcium carbonate that derived from the coralline sand that is in the reactor...
Old 01/22/2007, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

jmann if you go back some pages all of the params are higher than normal
Old 01/22/2007, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Yes I realize that, I have read the whole thread, but to keep a ph of 8.5 you can't do that with a calc. reactor. I run both a calc. reactor and a Kalk reactor and I would have a hard time keeping my ph at 8.5 and not getting my dkh too high, which I keep at around 10. I probably need to lower the output on the calc. reactor and raise the kalk reactor output, but I think I am adding about what the evaporation rate is now, well have to do some figuring.
Old 01/22/2007, 07:39 PM

nice one dh!