Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Invert and Plant Forums > Mantis Shrimp
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/05/2006, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

This is a good story. I have a damsel that ate my sexy shrimp in my nano so I threw him in the big tank with P fishy (my fat porc puffer who eats everything) who i thought would dispatch justice. Alas no, the damsel is just swimming around like nothing. Today is day three and he is getting very bold. we have bets on how long the brat will survive. any takers on that bet?
Old 05/11/2006, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

I just want to get in on this legendary thread! Go Tim! Stomatopods Unite!

"If anyone offers you pigeon milk, say no thanks." - Fat Man.
Old 05/12/2006, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

I don't know what was more disturbing, The length and detail of your story or the fact that I truely enjoyed it!

Please keep the stories coming!

Plankton
Old 05/13/2006, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

The other day, when I was posting to this sight, I heard a very slight, collective shrieking. I turned and looked into my tank. It was the screams of eight terrified margarita snails. They apparently were familiar with the legend of Tim and his terrible exploits. "The horrible carnage!" they were crying. It took me half an hour to calm the tank. They had gotten the chocolate chip star worked up into such a fit that he puked up his gastrointestinal tract. The dottyback was learing and rubbing his pectoral fins together. He is somewhat of a sadist and was enjoying the anxiety of the "lower classes of univalves and echinodermata." "If only I could wield that sort of superpower, this tank would bew mine!" He has apparently caught the world domination bug. Please report one of Tim's humiliating defeats so that I can restore the world order of my tank. Thank You.

Old 05/24/2006, 05:23 PM
Keeper(?) of Tim

Quote:
Originally from clevengergl
I'll have you know that my latest view of your thread just bumped the number of views to 76,000!!! Now, I know you're tempted to give me some kind of "76,000th Viewer" award but, honestly, I can't rightfully accept anything that could otherwise be used to provide an additional vict....er...ego-boost for Tim. (Coincidentally, I notice you've also reached 1,666 posts on RC, so if your soul has already been consumed by Satan and you don't reply back, I'll understand)
Congrats clevengergl! Tim's added you to his NTBEBILT list, for good measure.

I don't know that Satan has taken the rebuy option yet or not on my soul... I've been co-opting it to work and storm damage/repair for the past month at least.

All is well in Tim's world.

I have super-cool pics to share (especially of Dav's stone-crab contribution), but alas my Photoshop appears to have a cold and craps out anytime I try to save a file... *grumble*

I'm working on the problem (and by working on it I mean stewwing about it because it defies both logical solution and rebuilds)

Zoanthid collector, Monitpoa sp. afficianado, Yuma snob and fan of the Mantis family.
Old 05/25/2006, 05:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DensityMan
I have super-cool pics to share (especially of Dav's stone-crab contribution), but alas my Photoshop appears to have a cold and craps out anytime I try to save a file... *grumble*

I'm working on the problem (and by working on it I mean stewwing about it because it defies both logical solution and rebuilds)
LOL DM....maybe Tim's sending some kind of signal that won't allow your Photoshop to work. He probably has some plan he's working on, and doesn't want any pics of his scheming to be broadcast......at least not yet.
Old 06/01/2006, 11:56 PM
Premium Member

are you going to post more? Im addicted to your (Tims i mean) story. Mainly because im hoping to add a mantis shrimp to my collection.
Old 06/02/2006, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Salty,

I take it you like Mythbusters!?!?
Old 06/02/2006, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

DM, an adoring public demands to be satisfied. Such is the price of fame and glory. As for Tim, his plans for world domination seem to be symptomatic of an unbalanced and pathologically ego-centric sense of self, coupled with a rather obvious Napolean complex. My prescription... more of the larger porcelain and emerald crabs followed by a good taunting with a feather glued to a long stick.

Old 06/02/2006, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by reeferchickdc
This is a good story. I have a damsel that ate my sexy shrimp in my nano so I threw him in the big tank with P fishy (my fat porc puffer who eats everything) who i thought would dispatch justice. Alas no, the damsel is just swimming around like nothing. Today is day three and he is getting very bold. we have bets on how long the brat will survive. any takers on that bet?
my bet is they fight for dominance, come to an agreement, and then somewhat begrudgingly coexist.

damsels are MEAN.
Old 06/02/2006, 08:56 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by vareefer4life
Salty,

I take it you like Mythbusters!?!?
Adam Savage ROCKS man!!!!!!

Old 06/06/2006, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

Hey, this is off topic but have seen that commercial for the Discovery Channel with Adam Savage and Lance Armstrong where Savage is mixing coke and pop rocks and Arstrong takes it away and throws it, big explosion. It's classic!

Old 06/08/2006, 06:33 AM
Registered Member

Sounds like Tim may be able to get some ideas from that!!!! There are alot of things on that show that could be bad if Tim watches it!

Tim,
You don't watch Mythbusters do you??
Old 06/08/2006, 07:30 AM
Premium Member

Exclamation

Tim In order to put an end to your abuse of DM and you world domination thing i will setup an indestructable boombox next to your tank that plays the neverending teletubbies themesong. And another one ot the otherside of your tank that plays Barney's Themesong. Also I will destroy the world's supply of hermitcrabs,snails, brineshrimp,the feeding straw, and all of the emerald/rockcrabs in the world. These horrible things will happen if you dont be nicer to DM and drop the Take Over the World thing. Tim, You have been warned.
Old 06/09/2006, 07:04 PM
Premium Member

JIC anyone was wondering i dislike any pet that thinks it can become its owner's master and get away with anything it wants...
Old 06/12/2006, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

^^ You just described the Golden Retriever (lol)!
Old 06/12/2006, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Shagwong Reef
^^ You just described the Golden Retriever (lol)!

and most felines ;-)

[url=http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikehulen@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=3a6d]The Redneck Reef (tm)[/url]
Old 06/13/2006, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

haha wow this is amazing... i love matis shrimp, but im afraid to get one cus i dont want it to break my tank lol... in know im a baby
Old 06/13/2006, 09:52 PM
Premium Member

Most are too small to break glass, and even if they are capable most dont even attempt to
Old 06/21/2006, 11:53 AM
Got frags?

Any updates on Tim's attempt to take over the world?
Old 06/21/2006, 10:35 PM
Keeper(?) of Tim

I've given Tim a great deal of planning time the past month as I've been galavanting around the US.

He has an mischevious glint in his eye for certain.

Just this evening he was awarded another mixed batch of mollusks; including a GIANT-sized turbo. Tomorrow we anticipate the arrival of 8 or so ninja-crabs. (Thanks Safir!)

Preview of things to come:

I won't have time to make a real ammendment to his adventures until at least Tuesday (duty calls), but should have some great pics of a swarm of "dinner companions (TM)."

Zoanthid collector, Monitpoa sp. afficianado, Yuma snob and fan of the Mantis family.
Old 06/22/2006, 04:54 AM
Registered Member

w00t!

hope they all make it safely.

there are at least two more 1"-ers in my display... if you send the thermos back i'll ship them to you as well as soon as they make a mistake and let me nab 'em
Old 06/22/2006, 06:29 AM
Keeper(?) of Tim

I'll definitely send the thermos back... Tim's been drooling at the image of those already sent.

Last edited by DensityMan; 06/22/2006 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06/22/2006, 06:48 AM
Got frags?

A dinner date!! What movie you guys gonna watch tim? Gonna listen to a little "Smash" mouth?
Old 06/22/2006, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

oh the carnage!!!! Keep us posted.

If possible, can we see the "dinner date"? Not to be nosey or anything, kinda like Blind Date so to speak.