Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/08/2006, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

Negative for Zorics

I purchased 2 Palythoa frags from zorics & paid for overnight shipping. This person then shipped them priority without contacting me first. I got the corals 4 days later squished in tiny ziploc bags without air & just a tad of water that was yellow & cloudy. They were shipped without a box just a tiny thermos. The polyps were transparent & of course didn't last long. I took pictures & contacted zorics through the selling forums & PMs. A total of 4 people also had problems with dead corals. They refuse to take any responsibility for poor packing job & for shipping them priority when I paid for overnight without checking to see if I wanted them shipped any other way.

Their statement was stated because I wasn't in the one day guarantee they couldn't send it express. I have talked to many post office employees since then & also from my shipping experience with the postal service even when it is not in a one day guarantee they can ship anywhere in the United States at least at a two day guarantee. That is even listed on the postal service website as well.
Old 04/08/2006, 01:57 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

never purchase live corals unless you have a tracking number. Always go for priority overnight!. I read the entire thread. He is not very good at shipping. Good Luck . I think your SOL on the refund. sorry.

DVRC Vice President
Old 04/11/2006, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

another negative for zorics

Had purchased some zoanthids and none of them made it. Shipping was terrible. The zoanthids were shipped in small ziploc bags (the small ones that are about 2"x3"), there was no room for air in that bag. The heat pack (a small 24 hour heat pack) was packed inside the thermos and the thermos was shipped without a box. Basically, it was a thermos with a USPS stamp on it. On top of that, USPS took 5 days to deliver which is not zorics' fault but with the packaging, I'm not sure if they'd make it in 2 days.

Zorics said he'd send me some of the money back but haven't heard from him since. I really didn't want to post any negative feedback since zorics has been responsive to my messages initially. I haven't heard from him since 4/3.
Old 04/20/2006, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

SO sad to see this. I would contact paypal file a non-recieved complaint if he didnt use tracking as they throw out "not as described" cuz ok one package not making alright but when so many aren't that's seller's fault not buyers, not shipping.

I read so many posts about people not shipping correctly, i really believe RC needs to make a step by step Sticky in the selling corals area on shipping corals, they really need to, people are getting screwed.

Ziploc baggies are not made for shipping, they leak and are not water proof u need to be using shipping bags, can i get a a-men? lol.
Old 04/20/2006, 03:50 PM
Premium Member

A-MEN