Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/05/2006, 09:29 PM
On The M0VE

Negative feedback for FelipeBastos

I ordered some Zoa frags from FelipeBastos, triple reds and dragon eyes, on the 9th. He E-mail me on the 18th stating that he could not find the dragon eyes frag, but found it later and would not ship it due to the polyps not being glued properly so they wouldnt survive...Cool. He then E-mails me on the 20th and states that he could not find my triple red frag, he can ship me some pinks if I wanted if not he'll frag some more reds for me...Cool...I of course wanted the reds, but also paid him to add some pinks.
I received my shipment on the 26th, took out the frags from the bag, prepared them for a freshwater dip and began draining the bagged water down the sink. I then noticed some polyps going bye-bye down the sink. I immediately stopped and began glueing what polyp I saved. His glueing was so horrible it covered whole polyps. Long story short, triple reds didnt make it, two pinks made it and half the draon eyes survived.
I PMed Felipe letting him know how the shipment made it, and he stated that he had a one hour policy on Live arrival, cool. I didnt PM him for a refund nor for some free frags, I did it just to let him know, he then offered me a free frag on my next order...NO THANKS...
Beware of a bad shipper...
Old 10/05/2006, 09:36 PM
105x4

Funny you should bring this up. I too ordered from him and had almost the same experience. One frag plug did have the polyps securely on it but the other plug was as naked as a newborn baby...lol...there was supposed to be 4 polyps on that plug and we only found 2 floating in the water. He said they must have melted.

However, to his credit, he did refund our money and was apologetic and offered a free frag.....with our next order... also told us he had changed his shipping methods...hhhmmmmm...
Old 10/05/2006, 09:37 PM
On The M0VE

when was this?? Hopefully he changed that..
Old 10/05/2006, 09:38 PM
105x4

sept 8th to be exact...
Old 10/05/2006, 09:39 PM
On The M0VE

It aint changed a bit...Zoa killers should be banned
Old 10/05/2006, 09:42 PM
105x4

DOWN WITH ZOA KILLERS!!!!
Old 10/10/2006, 08:25 PM
I'll be here all week

Exact same thing happened to me. I ordered SPS along with zoahs too and the SPS was in 3 pieces and the zoos came off the plugs. None of the two zoos made it and he refunded my $$ minus the SPS (even though it was in 3 pieces). One of the bags burst and the USPS package was soaked.

He really needs to stop trying to save a buck on shipping and do it right.
Old 10/10/2006, 08:28 PM
On The M0VE

wow, I wish I really wouldve known about this before my order. Thank you all for your experiences...
Old 10/10/2006, 08:29 PM
105x4

I'm sure we'll see more on here