Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/05/2005, 12:24 AM
Registered Member

Arrow Please help advice really needed

I have a 92G corner with 96W PC's (2). I have an ASM G3 skimmer. I used to have a ton of fish with liver rock and fake coral. However I decided to try some realy coral after I cut down on the number of fish. Ive tried mushrooms, leathers, xenias, and a frogspawn. The frogspawn and xenias dies . Now all I have left is a hippot ang. 2 damsels, and a clown. The mushrooms are as nearly as colorful as the fake coral. So I need a change. I was thinking of putting the fake coral back in and leaving the remaining corals in the tank. I would like to get some more fish since obviousely im going to stick with hardy corals. But I don't want just fish I want something different, something that will strike people. By the way something thats not that expensive and something that wont die on me easily any ideas????
Old 11/05/2005, 03:57 AM
Registered Member.

It seems IMO that when people see my tank, the thing that leaves them always amazed is inverts. They are amazed at my starfish and shrimp. I'd recommend a cleaner shrimp, very active and not to hard to care for IMO. emerald crabs are another good choice, very active and quite enjoyable to watch. Good luck!
Old 11/05/2005, 04:06 AM
Registered Member.

Could the issue be water quality. Are you testing. What are your params.
Old 11/05/2005, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

yes I have gotten my water tested and everything appeared to be fine
Old 11/05/2005, 09:59 PM
Premium Member

maybe some cleaner shrimp or pp's?
Old 11/05/2005, 10:24 PM
No Lorenzo in my Benzo

C.B.S