Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes

Old 05/15/2005, 06:16 PM
Registered Member

What food for Blennies( scooter&lawnmower)

I have lost several blennies due to them not eating. I have live rock and two power heads running in my 30 gal acquarium. Water quality ok. Water current makes it hard for them to catch brine shimp. However they show little interest in shimp or spirulina flakes. Please advise new foods.
Old 05/15/2005, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

Nori from and asian supermarket for the LM. Scooters need pods like a mandarin. Sometimes they will eat mysis, but if you don't have pods they can die of starvation.
Old 05/15/2005, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

I think this is in the wrong forum...but any ways

Recently i put my scooter blenny in a hospital tank. I never thougth about what he would eat....and then i realized he would starvet o death unless i did something. I went to the LFS, and bought frozen brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, and formula 1. He loves the frozen brine shrimp, and i think he ate the formula 1.

HTH,

CJ
Old 05/15/2005, 06:57 PM
Sparticus...Ok Malcolm

Blennies!?!? I don't think I've ever heard of that type of clam

WOW!!! There's Some Rock in my Algae!!!
Old 06/08/2005, 05:14 PM
Gold Star Recipient

My black sailfin blenny (which is I guess pretty darn similar to the lawnmower blenny except in personality) never eats any of the food my other fish eat. He has tripled in size since I got him and only eats the macro and micro algae growing all over my tank. He's always fat btw.
Old 06/12/2005, 08:55 AM
VILP

[moved]

Reefcherie
RC Moderator
Old 06/12/2005, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

my LM blenny has never eaten any of the food i put in my tank since i the day i got hime. he eats all of the algea that grows in the tank and always has a huge stomach. hes growing really fast and thanks to him ive never had an algea problem.
Old 06/12/2005, 04:46 PM
Gold Star Recipient

Quote:
Originally posted by Reefcherie
This thread has been moved to the current forum.

Reefcherie
RC Moderator
How do we find it? Are we there already?

Quote:
Originally posted by cperez155
my LM blenny has never eaten any of the food i put in my tank since i the day i got hime. he eats all of the algea that grows in the tank and always has a huge stomach. hes growing really fast and thanks to him ive never had an algea problem.
Does your lawnmower blenny eat turf algae, hair algae too?
Old 06/12/2005, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

Well i know that he eats hair algea for sure because thats what i bought him for in the first place. He ate all of it in less than a week and havent had any more hair algea since. As for the turf algea im not sure i know how that looks so i cant somment on that. but if i do have it, im sur he eats that too because i have hardly any algea in the tank except for the thin green layer of algea that grows on my front glass,which i clean off every two days with a mag-float.