Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Northern Valley Reefers (NVR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/11/2007, 01:14 AM
Premium Member

Dead in 45 min..

I just had the worse luck..

I stopped by Wet Pet Aquariums in Pleasanton today as I have been doing for years now. Today I saw couple fishes that I like.. The first was a Carpenter Wrasse and the second was an Australian Scott Fairy Wrasse.

Waldo (owner) wanted 25$ for the Carpenter wrasse and 100$ for the Australian Scott Fairy Wrasse.

I thought the prices were ok, and the fishes looked fairly healthy. So, I purchased both of them and drove home immediately. This was at 630pm.

I got home at 7 pm and placed the fish bags in my tank to acclimate them. So, I went outside and played with my dog.

At 7:15 Scott (Plankton) come to visit to see my tanks. and that when we both saw the Carpenter Wrasse swimming around and the Scott Fairy Wrasse DEAD inside the bag.. Don't know what happened, the carpenter wrasse is ok, but the Fairy wrasse is stiff as a board..

I didn't even got a chance to release it and watch it swim. And why did it had to happen to the Fairy Wrasse, why cant it be the Carpenter.. So, now im out of a 100$ fish..

Freakin Suck!!! Talkin about a bad day..
Old 06/12/2007, 12:40 AM
who?

Sorry to hear about that, sounds like it was not your fault. I would ask the store to credit your for the wrasse since you didn't even get it out of the bag before it passed away.

The other night you mentioned thinking about add a 6-line, if you're going to have flasher and fairy wrasses it might harass them (just mentioning it).

Visit our club: NVReefers dot org
Click my red house to visit my blog
Old 06/12/2007, 01:58 AM
Premium Member

You are not alone, my tank crashed due to faulty heater and it killed 2 3 years old fishes.
Old 06/12/2007, 02:24 AM
Premium Member

oh, due sorry to hear that..I hope you could recover.

Yeah, I called Wet Pet and talked to the owner. He offered to replace it with his larger and nicer Scotts Fairy Wrasse. I went there to pick it up today..

I know, i just found my Exquisite Wrasse that had been MIA for almost 3 weeks. Poor thing is all beaten up..I think the sixline did it. how its going to be ok..
Old 06/12/2007, 04:31 AM
Registered Member

That was nice of the owber to re-place it with a nicer Scott fairy wrasse. I told you how to acclimate the Exquisite wrasse. Did not listen did you.

jesus