Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/31/2007, 04:20 PM
Premium Member

Yes but you don't have $2000 worth of livestock depending on you during high school chem class

If I use two Thermometers and one reads 76 Deg and the other Reads 79 Deg which one do I believe??

If I have 3 it now removes that doubt.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheekmonkey
As too the triple calibration, we don't even use three calibration points doing simple analytical chemistry in school.
Old 01/02/2008, 06:23 PM
Premium Member

It will be real interesting to see how the Real time power monitoring works out. I am very interested to know how it will deal with short circuits.

Quote:
Originally posted by reef / aholic
The RKE will be added to list to look at!!!
Old 01/02/2008, 11:04 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheekmonkey
As too the triple calibration, we don't even use three calibration points doing simple analytical chemistry in school.
That's surprising. The pH monitor in the biochem lab I worked in during college always used 3-point calibration. Probes are not linear, so a 3rd point is needed to more accurately calculate their response curve.

I can take two new probes with my ACIII, calibrate them (letting each probe settle for 10 minutes before storing the data points), and the probes will often differ by .05 unit or more when placed in the same SW. That just shouldn't happen when trying to monitor pH, and I believe if they used 3-point calibration it could be eliminated.

I bought some pH 9 cal fluid to use for the high point, this should give more accurate readings. (At least ACIIIs let you choose the low/high cal fluid values, which is nice.)