Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/14/2001, 12:32 AM
Registered Member

whats best to feed my emperor angel

i really dont have a problem,i just wanted to know what you guys feed your emperor? lets also take in mind that i live in germany an alot of the food you have in the states are not available to me here. ONE YEAR TO GO AN IM OUTTA THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10/14/2001, 12:50 AM
Registered Member

Nice fish GARYD, I live in the states, I would suggest Ocean Nutrition. I have had good luck with thier food. My fish love it and if your willing to pay! It can be sent to you overnight. Just a hint stick a cube of food in a rock or crevass , as to let them pick at it naturally.

http://www.oceannutrition.com
Old 10/14/2001, 06:04 AM
10 & Over Club

Emperors usually feed on a wide variety of stuff. If you can find any foods containing sponge as an ingredient that will be good for many angels. Any frozen foods containg lots of meaty (seafood) stuff and algaes would be an excellent staple diet. High quality flake foods are also good. If your up for making your own, a trip to the seafood market is in order

"LOL, well I have no brain apparently. " - dc (Debi)
Old 10/14/2001, 06:55 AM
Registered Member

Dont forget algae,caulerpa and stone with micro algae,algea are the best food for emperor,and go to www.premiumaquatics.com
and order spectrum pelets and seawegies,Jason will ship to you without problem and is not so expensive,you can find loot of other
good stuf for aquarium with good prices.In Germany you can buy duplarin food from Dupla,that is the best food which I find in Europe.Dont forget water quality,emperor angel is sensitive with age in drop of water quality and first thing what he do is refuse to eat.
Old 10/14/2001, 08:10 AM
Registered Member

My Angel, a very ironic name for the meanest fish in the tank, will eat anything I throw into the tank.

His diet has been fairly consistent for the last 18 months or so. He's thick, colorful and healthy.

I regularly feed Aquadine flake food, I think it's spirulina flake. All types seem to work fine though. I also supplement this with fish, mussels, squid etc. I'm sure that the local markets will have plenty of options for seafood...i'm sure anything you could scrape up from the market would work...even things you wouldn't eat. Getting a good quality flake food with the plant kinda stuff may be more difficult...but I think it's key to the balanced diet. Good luck!