Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/12/2007, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

Houston, LFS

Hey I just moved to houston, I live in the jersey village area. I'm looking for some good LFS's There are 3 near my house, one just closed down, they sucked and were selling io salt for 80 bucks a bucket. The other one keeps swf in betta bowl sized partitions, and I know about aquarium world. Their tanks all have visible ich. Is are there any good lfs in houston?
Old 12/12/2007, 07:47 PM
10 & Over Club

Welcome new Houstonian

Try www.marshreef.org
its the local houston marine aquarium society, they have a list of LFS on their website.
Theres a bunch, but be prepared to drive, and some are even more expensive (fish gallery) than the LFS's out by you

Hope your enjoying the balmy weather
Old 12/12/2007, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FMarini
Welcome new Houstonian

Try www.marshreef.org
its the local houston marine aquarium society, they have a list of LFS on their website.
Theres a bunch, but be prepared to drive, and some are even more expensive (fish gallery) than the LFS's out by you

Hope your enjoying the balmy weather
I drove to fishland this evening, traffic wasn't too bad, I got an imperor angel changing for 55 bucks, so I'm happy I guess. They even dipped him for me.
Old 12/12/2007, 10:50 PM
10 & Over Club

BTW-----
I made a mistake, its

www.marshreef.com

anyway glad you found fishland, now go see fish gallery
Old 12/13/2007, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

fishland was small, they did have a couple nice mature reef tanks, they didn't have alot of fish, but they did have cool fish. And they did have some parts I was looking for, like an intake for an FX5 and the sponge stuff for inside, and micron bags. So I guess they were ok
Old 12/13/2007, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

Fishgallery is a very nice store. I live in Houston on the North side of town and I have to drive a pretty good ways.

Where is fishland?