Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Connecticut Area Reef Society (C.T.A.R.S.)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/03/2008, 10:16 PM
Turn on Tune In Drop Out

things for sale

-Remora Pro pre-skim box, increases production by some number(somewhere online?) $40(flexible)

old custom 10 gallon, 24x10x10, built in fuge, DIY ministand/canopy $75(also flexible)

also if there is interest, 24" current T5 HO nova Extreme(2x24w T5H0)retails for $60, im asking $35, not in the best condition, needs new bulbs, its just a fuge light for my right now.
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewIt...s~vendor~.html

im interested in starting up a 15 gallon reef, so i need some funds!(29 is pretty much full )

willing to trade for a

15 gallon tank(24x12x12)

a stand for a 20/15(24x12), preferably black, but oak will do too.

possibly some NICE SPS

An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator Temporarily Out of Order" sign, only "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the Convenience."
Old 01/03/2008, 10:49 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

yo if you are interested i have a 15G tank exactly what your looking for.... but there is a catch ..... it has pink trimming hahahah my girl wanted it and well she had me paint it pink lol..... ohh ok it was for me hahah j/k but seriously if you want it man its all yours bro... i guess you would just need to sand it real quick... its black under the paint i paid like 40 bux or something ridiculous! bastards are lucky i needed a temp tank lol... either way let me know i will bring it with me to PC next time i come by.
Old 01/03/2008, 10:51 PM
Turn on Tune In Drop Out

sure! ill take it!

(black spray paint is my friend )

and let me know how all those things you shipped are once your guy gets them.

An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator Temporarily Out of Order" sign, only "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the Convenience."
Old 01/03/2008, 11:01 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

dude fedex were being harsh man, they said they cant ship saltwater fish.... like what? are you serious!!? i have shipped plenty of corals "LIVE" and never had a problem with shipping why is it a problem today blah blah blah.... finally he was like i will just pretend that i could not see what was in the box.... man i was half way home after paying over 200bux!!! for shipping!!!! when i got the call i was like you better ship it! I have no other way to ship it and he was like well its not our fault if something happens to it..... just told him to send it anyways, i had no other choice... besides the guy was like hopefully nothing happens but if it does i know it is well packed and not your fualt... so i am covered i guess... lol. I might go to PC tomorrow just to see the new clams so i will toss it in my car tomorrow morning, if you are not there then i will jsut leave it with joe or something.
Old 01/03/2008, 11:11 PM
Turn on Tune In Drop Out

i get there at about 3, usually ORA comes in 3 on thursdays, but last friday it was in at 11

so maybe i see you, maybe i wont

if not, then thanks!

Old 01/03/2008, 11:17 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

yea i proly wont make it for 3... so i def wont see ya, but you will have a pink trimmed tank waiting hahah
Old 01/03/2008, 11:28 PM
Registered Member

joe said the order will hopefully be there by the time i arrive at 10. It can sometimes varry, but i think it is suposed to be in earlier. Call to see if it has before heading over. If mike is still in school, ill be there all day and i could put it aside for him.
Old 01/03/2008, 11:35 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

yea no biggie i am not going to buy anything so just to stop by say hi and get some lunch....
Old 01/04/2008, 12:23 AM
Turn on Tune In Drop Out

ahh lunch go to subway

Amit loves me, except she creeps me out, cause i cant understand a damn word she says

she asked where you were today christian.... i think she likes you

Old 01/04/2008, 07:51 AM
Registered Member

someone at fedex is seriously uneducated. that's how most online stores ship exclusively LOL.

Quote:
Originally posted by erickrm
dude fedex were being harsh man, they said they cant ship saltwater fish.... like what? are you serious!!? i have shipped plenty of corals "LIVE" and never had a problem with shipping why is it a problem today blah blah blah.... finally he was like i will just pretend that i could not see what was in the box.... man i was half way home after paying over 200bux!!! for shipping!!!! when i got the call i was like you better ship it! I have no other way to ship it and he was like well its not our fault if something happens to it..... just told him to send it anyways, i had no other choice... besides the guy was like hopefully nothing happens but if it does i know it is well packed and not your fualt... so i am covered i guess... lol. I might go to PC tomorrow just to see the new clams so i will toss it in my car tomorrow morning, if you are not there then i will jsut leave it with joe or something.
Old 01/04/2008, 07:54 AM
B-Boy AZTEC

exactly what i told him!! i was like ummm i have done this atleast 10 times b4!! and not only that but when i order something "LIVE" it comes through fedex!!!! when a store orders live good for their store(atleast the LFS i go to anyways) it ships through fedex.... and finally he was like oh ok i will just pretend i did not know what was in there... blah blah blah lol... so in the end it shipped
Old 01/04/2008, 08:38 AM
Premium Member

Pet wholesalers and stores have special contracts with FedEx to ship live animals. Joe Consumer doesn't have that option (which is why I never told the shipper that I was sending live animals back in the day when I was shipping corals).
Old 01/04/2008, 08:50 AM
B-Boy AZTEC

DOH!! now i feel a lil(as carlos mecia would say) Dee Dee Dee!!! oh well still shipped out!!! hahah
Old 01/04/2008, 11:14 PM
Turn on Tune In Drop Out

thanks for the pink 20 gallon tank rich, not a 15, but i can still put it to use

and FWIW the custom 10's canopy.ministand is 1" thick solid oak

Old 01/04/2008, 11:36 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

lmao oops better for you no? lol you welcome! i know you love that pink rim bro Mr. Pink floyd!!!! haha
Old 01/04/2008, 11:38 PM
Turn on Tune In Drop Out