Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Coral & Livestock Trading
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/28/2005, 09:00 AM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

And this will sort of be the last "official" post of the swap. Anyone who has any issue/complaints still please let me know. If I don't see anything new, I'll let this thread die next Monday.
Old 03/28/2005, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

Here is my frag from skyedolphan, this is a few days old, it's now completely opened up. Thanks again.

Old 03/28/2005, 09:35 AM
Premium Member

Well, I never heard from toddfreshman...... He emailed me saying he was going to ship USPS and we exchanged info a couple of times. I shipped my frags out to him and haven't heard from him since. Maybe he has some issue's or maybe he wanted some free zoo's. Either it would of been nice to know what the deal was? Anyone else ship some frags and not get any back from someone?
Old 03/28/2005, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Great Experience, whens the next one?

=)

Thanks sarduci!
Old 03/28/2005, 02:35 PM
Premium Member

everything went well on my behalf. i shipped the frags out a little late, but i hope overnight shipping and extras made up for it.great experience will do again.

sarducci, i feel like something has to be done for you for organizing this, i would like to be your partner for the next one.
Old 03/28/2005, 03:14 PM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Quote:
Originally posted by blide
Well, I never heard from toddfreshman...... He emailed me saying he was going to ship USPS and we exchanged info a couple of times. I shipped my frags out to him and haven't heard from him since. Maybe he has some issue's or maybe he wanted some free zoo's. Either it would of been nice to know what the deal was? Anyone else ship some frags and not get any back from someone?
I'll send an e-mail out on that. I'd hate to see that you got ditched like that.....
Old 03/28/2005, 03:17 PM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Quote:
Originally posted by joseney21
everything went well on my behalf. i shipped the frags out a little late, but i hope overnight shipping and extras made up for it.great experience will do again.

sarducci, i feel like something has to be done for you for organizing this, i would like to be your partner for the next one.
Lol, no, that wouldn't be fair to pick and choose. Random is as random does... =?) Who knows, it just might happen.... =?)

I'm going to purchase a few new colonies and build up a bit of a base before I start the next one or I won't have anything to trade at all.... =?) But do not worry! I will be back with another set of trades!
Old 03/28/2005, 03:19 PM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Oh, BTW, Scribe, DANG! Those are NICE!
Old 03/28/2005, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

i'll trade with Anyone! eheh
Old 03/28/2005, 10:32 PM
Premium Member

hey sarduchi think you could post a list of people who followed through with the swap??sort of like the good swapper list,maybe some of us could do some swapping on the side....hehehe....i'll still have frags left over for the next swap too.
Old 03/29/2005, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

I think Sarduci did a great job putting this whole thing together. It was very well organized!! It's unfortunate that some people didn't follow through!

I sent him some extra frags to show my appreciation as he was one of my partners, but unfortunately none of them made it, must have been too cold from Colorado to Wisconsin.

Thanks for putting this whole thing together Sarduci!!! I'm sure you were disappointed to put this whole thing together to get some new zoos, and then have a total loss.

Let me know when you'd like to try again and I'll send your thermos back with some new zoos!

-dk

Old 03/29/2005, 10:09 AM
I'm not a morning person!

Thumbs up

I think I may hold the record for the length of time my zoo's were in transport and survived. I was out of town for the shipment day so arranged for my partner to send the frags to another club member so she could care for them until my return. When they didn't arrive I contacted my partner to learn that he had sent them to my home address instead of the alternate address. before leaving for vacation I had placed a hold on my mail deliveries so everything was held at the post office until my return. Sure enough, the frags had been held at the PO for six days so when I received them I was planning on receiving a putrefied mess. I was totally surprised when I opened the container and they looked ok. The were closed, but looking good otherwise. I slowly let them warm up and placed the in quarantine. Today they are starting to open up!! Six days in a cold dark thermos and the survived. It just goes to show just how tuff these little corals are.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap!
Old 03/29/2005, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

joseney21 - I agree, a list of the "good" swapers would be so cool.

SuperFishy - I didn't know that zoanthids grew in the Central Valley. So when are we going to work something out? =)
Old 03/29/2005, 04:58 PM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Quote:
Originally posted by joseney21
hey sarduchi think you could post a list of people who followed through with the swap??sort of like the good swapper list,maybe some of us could do some swapping on the side....hehehe....i'll still have frags left over for the next swap too.
I was hoping I'd have more feedback that I got. Everything you see here on the boards is what I have to offer you all.
Old 03/29/2005, 05:00 PM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Quote:
Originally posted by awcurl
I think I may hold the record for the length of time my zoo's were in transport and survived. I was out of town for the shipment day so arranged for my partner to send the frags to another club member so she could care for them until my return. When they didn't arrive I contacted my partner to learn that he had sent them to my home address instead of the alternate address. before leaving for vacation I had placed a hold on my mail deliveries so everything was held at the post office until my return. Sure enough, the frags had been held at the PO for six days so when I received them I was planning on receiving a putrefied mess. I was totally surprised when I opened the container and they looked ok. The were closed, but looking good otherwise. I slowly let them warm up and placed the in quarantine. Today they are starting to open up!! Six days in a cold dark thermos and the survived. It just goes to show just how tuff these little corals are.
Hi Art,

Glad to here that your swap went well! They are tough little buggers, that they are..... Sub-32 temps will tend to put a bit of a bite on them, as some of us found out....
Old 03/29/2005, 05:21 PM
Limestone cowboy

WOW glad they opened up. I'll send ya more if they dont make it.
I am so sorry i sent it to the wrong addy. I was rushing to get them out before the post office closed, I start work too early to get them in the am.
Should have taken the extra time. Daoh.

The orange ones ya sent me opened up. I thought i killed them. The others are still there but not opening.
Hope ya like what i sent ya.
Old 03/29/2005, 05:35 PM
Premium Member

Well I got 4 differant kinds of zoo's from nine9d, but my bag leaked and only one frag made it. But that frag is very nice, my other trader (can't member name) sent me some very awesome orange zoo's. I feel bad for nine9d as I sent him a frag that only looks well under halides. He had t-5's but said to send them anyways. I may be shipping him a differant frag if he would like.