Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby

Old 01/09/2008, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

CC to LS COMPLETE!

For those who remember my endless waffle over the last week...

Well I bit the bullet and cracked on with the job in hand yesterday, and I did just fine! No casualties as yet, and all my corals opened up this morning as normal when I switched it on. They were a little grumpy last night but thats about the worst of it I think.

Made a huge mistake (nearly) when moving the live rock over to the temp tank - As I'm halfway across the living room with it, I spot my flame angel inside the rock gulping like crazy! never moved so FAST in my life. He seems ok today and has eaten well so I think he will be fine. I picked up a bright blue sponge this evening as well which is lovely. just sitting watching it as though its going to be miserable and turn white overnight or something lol

thank you for all your help and my endless questions about doing this, I really do appreciate it. there are so few reefers where I live (North West of the UK), although I am determined to find some more and find a club to join!

I was so happy with my little self tonight watching my improved tank that I sat and decided to finaly change my light strips lol (these have been in 10 months and they weren't new when I got them!! so looooooong overdue) I've ordered new T5 lights, reflector strips (as my tank was 2nd hand too and has some dodgy silver foam stuff in the lid that keeps crumbling!) new fixing clips as the ones on it are metal and rusty (miracle this tank runs at all!) and a moonlight kit. Got the whole lot for £70 ($140 ish dollars) so I was extremely pleased with myself. Obviously not told hubby, he can't complain if he doesn't know lol!

“No good fish goes anywhere without a porpoise”
Old 01/09/2008, 07:04 PM
RC Mod

Sounds good! I'd keep up the ammonia tests for a few days, personally.