Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/19/2006, 07:07 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by DrBegalke
OSU is going to stay number one, USC won't jump them if both teams win out.
Just remember, your heard it here first

Of course if USC's remaining opponents fall apart that might not hold up.
Old 10/19/2006, 07:32 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer

Up til now OSU has Played Texas 6-1, Penn State 4-3 and Iowa 5-2, Northern Illinois 4-3, Cincinatti 3-4, Bowling Green 4-3 and Michigan State 3-4. 3 rent a victims and a pretty bad team by MS standards at 3-4.
First Off,
The OSU wins were not squeaky wins like someones team...
Were covering spreads every week!! Usually have 2nd & 3rd string players in by the 3rd! Crap, it could have got Ugly in east Lansing last week if we didnt...

Second, your making these teams on our schedule with losses sound so bad but several of those teams have lost to OSU MICHIGAN and Notre Dame!! Your one that keeps building up ND so dont back out on them now...

I wont argue NI Cincy or BG but there isnt a team in the Nation that isnt playing a few of those... If we wernt we would all only be playing 5-6 conference games a season!

Now, You have the argument of computer rankings and the so called SOS but still nothing for the CP and HP... which of course you would need to boost SC into #1 BCS past OSU... So?
Old 10/19/2006, 07:39 PM
Premium Member

You always want to talk about SOS

Cincinnati:
at #1 Ohio St
at #11 Va Tech
at #7 Louisville
at #4 W Virginia
#19 Rutgers

BGU plays 2 Big Ten teams

Then you want to knock on theses sub division teams for having a losing season???

Which one is it man? Cant have it both ways or they would be in a big Division!!
Old 10/19/2006, 07:47 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
and a pretty bad team by MS standards at 3-4.

3 of those 4 losses...

Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame

Dude if they won all 3 of those games THEY would be ranked #1.
They wold have never lost to Ill if they didnt fall apart against ND.

That arguement makes no sense at all.
Old 10/19/2006, 07:52 PM
living life 2 the fullest

I think Grim has lost it and needs to go take a break for a few weeks and then come back when USC has a loss or two.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

yeah doesn't he have some t-5's to test or something..
lol.. he is begning to sound like those stinkin ohio nuts
*pun intended*
Old 10/19/2006, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by donald altman
yeah doesn't he have some t-5's to test or something..
lol.. he is begning to sound like those stinkin ohio nuts
*pun intended*
Tell me about it, he is getting owned.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 08:01 PM
Premium Member

donald,

What are you doing sniffing our Ohio Nuts??
Old 10/19/2006, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

Ah, silly non SEC fans that don't understand how incredibly better every SEC team (including only Auburn, FLA, Tenn, and Georgia, but not Arkansas for some reason) is than every other conference combined in the country. Our bad.

Seriously, some of these arguments don't make any sense. OSU/UM winner will be in the NC unless one of them drops a game before THE game. If USC wins out they will be in the NC. If they don't, WVU or Louisville will be in it if either wins out. The polls will NOT have and SEC team above an undefeated Big East team at the end of the season. The SEC unquestionably plays a weaker OOC schedule than the B10, PAC10, whatever. The only question is how good the top SEC teams are compared to the other conferences, and the only time to see is during the bowl season.
Old 10/19/2006, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ECEKatko
Ah, silly non SEC fans that don't understand how incredibly better every SEC team (including only Auburn, FLA, Tenn, and Georgia, but not Arkansas for some reason) is than every other conference combined in the country. Our bad.

Seriously, some of these arguments don't make any sense. OSU/UM winner will be in the NC unless one of them drops a game before THE game. If USC wins out they will be in the NC. If they don't, WVU or Louisville will be in it if either wins out. The polls will NOT have and SEC team above an undefeated Big East team at the end of the season. The SEC unquestionably plays a weaker OOC schedule than the B10, PAC10, whatever. The only question is how good the top SEC teams are compared to the other conferences, and the only time to see is during the bowl season.
Are you serious? FLA and Auburn are still ahead of Louisville in the BCS and both of them have one loss a piece. If FLA wins out and wins the SEC they will be in the big game. Even Auburn is ahead of WV in the BCS. So how in the world if Auburn or FLA win out and if either of them win the SEC not be in the big game? Like i said there is a big difference, get it big difference between the SEC and the almighty Big East.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

Again, Grim, would you like to handle this since I'm not responding to him? Maybe throw in something about how rankings can change based on the games that are played, something about that.
Old 10/19/2006, 08:27 PM

Buddy, Grim just got owned. And is now taking a timeout. How can you think that if FLA wins out and wins the SEC not make it to the championship game? Every single analyst in the country is saying the exact same thing i am. So is everybody wrong to think this? No they are not. No kidding rankings change when teams move on throughout the year but to my knowledge Auburn has lost a game while WV have not, but still Auburn is in front of them in the BCS, Hmmmmmmmm........ maybe you are missing something. Louisville are still behind FLA and FLA has a loss. If WV lose to Louisville and FLA beat Auburn for the SEC championship or vice versa, who do you think will get in the big game? I know and so does everyone else in the country. GATORS, boy do i hate to say that.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 08:31 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
Originally posted by ECEKatko
Again, Grim, would you like to handle this since I'm not responding to him? Maybe throw in something about how rankings can change based on the games that are played, something about that.
Well, at least he's not using his tremendous football knowledge in blindly supporting Georgia as better than everyone else in the nation. Now, when Florida loses another game, maybe they will both tone it down a bit (probably not, but one can hope, can't one?).

Kevin

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!
Old 10/19/2006, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

It would be nice. It would then turn completely to Auburn though (a team that, despite the polls, is so amazing it doesn't even control its own destiny for getting into the SEC game and is ranked about 10 spots higher than the team that beat them).

By the way.

How on earth is Georgia still ranked??? After getting murdered by Tenn and losing to VANDERBILT, it's still top 25??? Colorado. Ole Miss? For talk about the bottomfeeders of the SEC, Georgia isn't doing too well against them, and they're still ranked? At least Iowa fell some when they lost to *cough* a B10 bottomfeeder. So much for all the "media disrespects the SEC" crap.
Old 10/19/2006, 08:46 PM

What can you do?

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 09:11 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by jgoodrich71
Yeah, Auburn does has a pretty pathetic nonconference schedule. I mean they only beat Washington St. 40-14. (What was that WSU/USC score again?), and I mean come on LSU played Arizona to a close 45-3 game. The SEC should be ashamed of playing PAC 10 teams.

If the top SEC teams had to play MN, Northwestern, Michigan State, Penn State, Iowa, Indiana, Purdue, and Wisconsin, we would have several unbeatens as well.
finally, another person that has knowledge on this thread.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 10/19/2006, 09:28 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by bluecarpet
September 2 at Arkansas W 50-14
September 16 No. 19 Nebraska W 28-10
September 23 at Arizona W 20-3
September 30 at Washington State W 28-22
October 7 Washington W 26-20
October 14 Arizona State W 28-21
The experience they have come away with after every game is to barely beat their opponent. So much for logic.
Timeout...blow the whistle...stop the clock. EVERYONE listen up...alright......ahem...

These wins are improvement? Each game USC has been gaining experience? And somehow they are ranked number 2 in the BCS? I am sorry but it seems to me every win is less impressive. They pulled a great win against Arkansas, a pretty good one for Nebraska, not bad for beating Arizona, and the rest speaks for itself.

If USC were to play UM, OSU, FLA or Auburn, they would get tore up. I rest my case.

USC is probably the most OVERRATED team right now and yet somehow they are number two. That just makes me laugh. The only reason why they even got here is because of their past and that past also earned them a good reputation hence why they are sadly number two now.

WOOW...

Oh btw guys...bluecarpet is actually owning you guys that are against the SEC. Its pretty sad but true.

I hope to god OSU plays an SEC team in the NC. Wouldn't that solve everything.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 10/19/2006, 09:30 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by Anemone
Now, when Florida loses another game, maybe they will both tone it down a bit (probably not, but one can hope, can't one?).

Kevin
So you too can now predict the future. Join the club.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 10/19/2006, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

God. type it right, that's not joking, either

but anyway, i better not respond to 55, he'll think i'm picking on him.

if osu goes undefeated, there is no way they will get jumped in the polls. even if usc goes undefeated. that would mean osu would have beaten the number 2 team in the country twice (well, who knows if michigan will be no.2 by then, but there's a good possibility, at least no. 3)

and so far their closest game has been to Texas, umm...17 points...that doesn't sound too bad to me anyway.

sorry can't help it..."Each game USC has been gaining experience?" umm... YES. you sure as hell don't become less experienced as you do something repeatedly. what kind of comment was that? not saying that they are greatly improving, but the are definitely becoming more experienced- please consult a dictionary.

i have a firm belief that OSU or michigan, whichever one of those two makes the national championship, will come out victorious.

ECE- yeah, some people out there must be retarded having georgia still in the rankings. of course it's the same people that like to rank miami and fsu super high every year even when everyone knows they suck.
Old 10/19/2006, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Oh btw guys...bluecarpet is actually owning you guys that are against the SEC. Its pretty sad but true.

lol, are you the same person as blue? you have the same brain structure, it seems....98% of the stuff you say doesn't make sense to anyone but you guys

of course you could both be the smartest people in the world
Old 10/19/2006, 09:39 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef

I hope to god OSU plays an SEC team in the NC. Wouldn't that solve everything.
Dude I couldnt agree more. I truely mean that. Seriously. From the bottom of my heart even.
You can even hand pick the team you want.

I Really Really Really would like to see this happen.
Old 10/19/2006, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

^lol
Old 10/19/2006, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Treg
3 of those 4 losses...

Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame

Dude if they won all 3 of those games THEY would be ranked #1.
They wold have never lost to Ill if they didnt fall apart against ND.

That arguement makes no sense at all.
Damn Treg where to start.

Michigan State has a losing record correct? I think you are using the rug's reading method. Playing a team with a losing record decreases your SOS. THAT IS WHY THE STUPID COMPUTER HAS SC #1. I would guess once SC plays Oregon St and Standford they will drop, But then they hit the talent while OSU continues playing patsies up to the game before the game.

Who's "building up" Notre Dame? Do you dispute they belong in the top 10? I don't claim they are number 1. Don't claim SC is either. If I was voting I'd probably give it to Michigan at this point.

A loss is a loss to the computer. It doesnt care if it was a rivalry or lost on a bad call or by 70 points. The OSU doormats are just that, doormats. They have no chance of winning against a good team. Those games have more effect on the human polls but they dont do a thing for the SOS of the computer rankings either.

I say if SC wins out and Ark, Nebraska, Cal, ND and Oregon all end up with no more than 2 loses then SC will jump OSU in the BCS. If Ark and Nebraska fall out of the top 20 then no way.
Old 10/19/2006, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by garvondavis14
God. type it right, that's not joking, either

but anyway, i better not respond to 55, he'll think i'm picking on him.

if osu goes undefeated, there is no way they will get jumped in the polls. even if usc goes undefeated. that would mean osu would have beaten the number 2 team in the country twice (well, who knows if michigan will be no.2 by then, but there's a good possibility, at least no. 3)

and so far their closest game has been to Texas, umm...17 points...that doesn't sound too bad to me anyway.

sorry can't help it..."Each game USC has been gaining experience?" umm... YES. you sure as hell don't become less experienced as you do something repeatedly. what kind of comment was that? not saying that they are greatly improving, but the are definitely becoming more experienced- please consult a dictionary.

i have a firm belief that OSU or michigan, whichever one of those two makes the national championship, will come out victorious.

ECE- yeah, some people out there must be retarded having georgia still in the rankings. of course it's the same people that like to rank miami and fsu super high every year even when everyone knows they suck.
And every game the team plays together is more time the coaching staff has to asess strengths and weaknesses and make adjustments for it. If the SC rookies are as good as the hype the only thing that is keeping them from performing is inexperience.

I think your problem is you think I am saying THEY WILL win out. I hope they do, I think the raw talent is there and the conditions are favorable for them to pull it off. They have 2 games that should be a cake walk. Then they play 3 games against teams that progressivley get better although I am not sure if ND or Cal is the better team.
Old 10/19/2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
And every game the team plays together is more time the coaching staff has to asess strengths and weaknesses and make adjustments for it. If the SC rookies are as good as the hype the only thing that is keeping them from performing is inexperience.

I think your problem is you think I am saying THEY WILL win out. I hope they do, I think the raw talent is there and the conditions are favorable for them to pull it off. They have 2 games that should be a cake walk. Then they play 3 games against teams that progressivley get better although I am not sure if ND or Cal is the better team.
Every team in college football has raw talent, but does that mean they are good?

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.