Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 10/19/2006, 05:00 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

However, we are all counting THE USC out too soon. They have Oregon State and Stanford for their upcomming games. If they use these 2 gimmies to get their offensive act together they could win out.

Remaining games after the gimmies

Oregon which will probably end up 10-2 ranked in the top 20. Then Cal which would end up 10-2 ranked in the top 20. Then Notre Dame who would end up 10-2 ranked in the top 20.
Finish up with the win over rival UCLA who should be 7-5

Not only would USC make it into the big game I predict they would be BCS #1. There is a better chance of that happening than Florida making it to the big one.

Of course they will lose to Stanford and blow my whole theory
Old 10/19/2006, 05:03 PM
living life 2 the fullest

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Florida still plays

Georgia who will end up unranked if Fla wins
Vandy who will end up 5-7 at best
S. Carolina who will be lucky to go 7-5
Western Carolina who will be 2-8 when they meet
Florida State who will also be unranked.

Texas plays Nebraska and A&M which are both top 20 teams plus 3 other teams with winning records. Neb and AM will still be ranked with loses to Texas and the other three will still have winning records. Texas is rated ahead of Fla in the Harris and Coaches polls and will jump Fla on SOS in the computers.

Louisville and West Virgina play each other plus Rutgars which is also undefeated and Pitt which has one loss. Either of those teams win out florida can forget it. They are both rated higher than florida in the Harris and Coaches poll so their superior SOS finishing off the year will put either ahead of Fla.

Auburn has a shot if Georgia and Alabama don't lose another game before they play AU.
Dont feel bad if USC has no chance this year. FLA is still ahead in the BCS(and either WV or Louisville has to lose) and if they win out will still be ahead in the BCS. If usc can be #2 in the BCS with the teams they have played so far and the way they have played then why in the heck if FLA win out and win the SEC not be able to play in the big game? Dont forget winning the SEC is alot better than winning the Big East. Lets have a reality check, Big East/ SEC. Which one do you think is better?

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 05:05 PM

Quote:
However, we are all counting THE USC out too soon. They have Oregon State and Stanford for their upcomming games. If they use these 2 gimmies to get their offensive act together they could win out.

Oregon which will probably end up 10-2 ranked in the top 20. Then Cal which would end up 10-2 ranked in the top 20. Then Notre Dame who would end up 10-2 ranked in the top 20.

Not only would USC make it into the big game I predict they would be BCS #1. There is a better chance of that happening than Florida making it to the big one.

I think you have just won the most hilarious post. Do you really think USC has a chance against ND with the way USC has been playing, and not to mention CAL and Oregon?

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 05:09 PM
Premium Member

You know, All you guys are all making a big ol' mountain out of a little ol' mole hill anyway...

No matter be it Fla, SC, WV, Aub or who ever else you can dream up that MIGHT make it to the Big Game, They gonna lose to THE Ohio State Buckeyes.

...The End
Old 10/19/2006, 05:10 PM

Quote:

USC be #1 in front of OSU. OSU have beaten the #2 Texas at home and Iowa at home and could possibly beat Michigan who will probably be ranked #2 by the time november 18th comes around.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Treg
You know, All you guys are all making a big ol' mountain out of a little ol' mole hill anyway...

No matter be it Fla, SC, WV, Aub or who ever else you can dream up that MIGHT make it to the Big Game, They gonna lose to THE Ohio State Buckeyes.

...The End
OSU will not win the NC if an SEC team goes. In fact they wont even win it period.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 05:23 PM
Premium Member

Man I really hope an SEC team does go. Even tho I have my doubts... I'd like to see this get settled on the field.

Quote:
USC be #1 in front of OSU. OSU have beaten the #2 Texas at home and Iowa at home and could possibly beat Michigan who will probably be ranked #2 by the time november 18th comes around.
No Doubt. Why would anyone rank USC #1???
Old 10/19/2006, 05:30 PM

Do you even understand how the BCS works? Coaches poll, Harris Poll and the combined computer scores each make up a third.

SOS is no longer a seperate componant but is an eliment in the computer rankings. Floridas remaining Schedule has Georgia and 2 real dogs and mediocre Florida state. That is going to pull them down in the computer polls. Especially after they lose this weekend

Louisville and West Virginny each have 2 undefeatd teams in their remaining schedules and a currently one loss team. If one of those teams win out they will show a top 10 undefeated team beaten for sure. The possibility of beating undefeatd Rugars who is a top 20 team, Pitt which currently has one loss. That boosts them back up in the computer rankings.

Louisville has a legitimate claim. They thumped Kentucky, Miami and Kansas State so far. They beat West Virginia and Rugtars which are undefeated and in the top 20 undefeatd teams, Pitt who should end up 8-4 they will jump Fla in the BCS.
Old 10/19/2006, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Do you even understand how the BCS works? Coaches poll, Harris Poll and the combined computer scores each make up a third.

SOS is no longer a seperate componant but is an eliment in the computer rankings. Floridas remaining Schedule has Georgia and 2 real dogs and mediocre Florida state. That is going to pull them down in the computer polls. Especially after they lose this weekend

Louisville and West Virginny each have 2 undefeatd teams in their remaining schedules and a currently one loss team. If one of those teams win out they will show a top 10 undefeated team beaten for sure. The possibility of beating undefeatd Rugars who is a top 20 team, Pitt which currently has one loss. That boosts them back up in the computer rankings.

Louisville has a legitimate claim. They thumped Kentucky, Miami and Kansas State so far. They beat West Virginia and Rugtars which are undefeated and in the top 20 undefeatd teams, Pitt who should end up 8-4 they will jump Fla in the BCS.
Pitt jump FLA in the polls, now that is funny. You still have not said why USC will be number 1 instead of OSU. So why would they jump to #1 even if they go without a loss?

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 05:36 PM

Also forgot to mention Pitt are not even in the top 25 in BCS rankings.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bluecarpet
I think you have just won the most hilarious post. Do you really think USC has a chance against ND with the way USC has been playing, and not to mention CAL and Oregon?
You see the difference betwen you and me is logic. SEC WOOF WOOF WOOF!!! doesn't make much of a case. USC has some highly touted young talent. Every game they get more experience.

Now follow along,

U S C's n e x t 2 g a m e s a r e a g a i n s t
v e r y p o o r t e a m s. I f t h e y o u n g p l a y e r's
o n S C's o f f e n s e b u i l d c o n f i d e n c e o v e r
t h e s e g a m e s a n d s t a r t p l a y i n g
c o n s i s t a n t l y t h e y h a v e a v e r y g o o d
c h a n c e t o b e a t O r e g o n. I f t h e y b e a t
O r e g o n t h e n t h e y f a c e C a l. w h o i s a
b e t t e r t e a m. I f t h e y h a p p e n t o b e a t
C a l. t h e n t h e y f a c e N o t r e D a m e. E a c h
o f t h o s e g a m e s a l l o w s t h e y o u n g e r
p l a y e r s t o g a i n e x p e r i e n c e a n d
b e c o m e b e t t e r.

I am not saying it will happen but it is very possible. SC has enough talent to win out this year IF, I'll say it again, IF they start playing consistantly.
Old 10/19/2006, 05:49 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Do you even understand how the BCS works?
Is that directed to me? I do, But I still dont see where how or why USC should be #1! Please explain to me why...

When have the CP and HP ranked USC over OSU??

The computer is crap, we all know that!
Old 10/19/2006, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

i think ga tech is a pretty solid team....their defense has been playing great, but then again the only good team they've played in notre dame...who was overrated when they played them...va. tech isn't too good this year, definitely overrated. but besides nd, ga tech has beat everyone that's been thrown at them. so we'll see what happens when they play clemson.

reggie ball is pretty talented, but he has always been so inconsistent and has had a problem with decision making (on the field). i think he can be pretty freakin good when he's on, he has all the tools, big arm, can run.

and of course, calvin johnson is amazing.
Old 10/19/2006, 05:52 PM

Quote:
You see the difference betwen you and me is logic. SEC WOOF WOOF WOOF!!! doesn't make much of a case. USC has some highly touted young talent. Every game they get more experience.

Now follow along,

U S C's n e x t 2 g a m e s a r e a g a i n s t
v e r y p o o r t e a m s. I f t h e y o u n g p l a y e r's
o n S C's o f f e n s e b u i l d c o n f i d e n c e o v e r
t h e s e g a m e s a n d s t a r t p l a y i n g
c o n s i s t a n t l y t h e y h a v e a v e r y g o o d
c h a n c e t o b e a t O r e g o n. I f t h e y b e a t
O r e g o n t h e n t h e y f a c e C a l. w h o i s a
b e t t e r t e a m. I f t h e y h a p p e n t o b e a t
C a l. t h e n t h e y f a c e N o t r e D a m e. E a c h
o f t h o s e g a m e s a l l o w s t h e y o u n g e r
p l a y e r s t o g a i n e x p e r i e n c e a n d
b e c o m e b e t t e r.

I am not saying it will happen but it is very possible. SC has enough talent to win out this year IF, I'll say it again, IF they start playing consistantly.
Well actually every game USC has become worse and worse. So much for gaining experience, maybe experience on how to play worse and worse.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 05:53 PM

Do you think USC will beat ARK now? Dont think so.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 05:55 PM

September 2 at Arkansas W 50-14
September 16 No. 19 Nebraska W 28-10
September 23 at Arizona W 20-3
September 30 at Washington State W 28-22
October 7 Washington W 26-20
October 14 Arizona State W 28-21
The experience they have come away with after every game is to barely beat their opponent. So much for logic.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Pitt jump FLA in the polls, now that is funny. You still have not said why USC will be number 1 instead of OSU. So why would they jump to #1 even if they go without a loss?
Thats not what I meant but you already knew that, I think, maybe you're stuck on stupid. Pitt being 8-4 will probably have as good a record as Georgia (assuming my gut feeling about this weekend is wrong). Beating Pitt will help either teams SOS standing helping them jump Fla.

The computers already rank SC 1 based on SOS. SC has 2 doormats comming up, then 3 straight ranked teams all in the top 15 with 1 loss each. They finish up with a mediocre team that will likely be 7-5.

OSU gets Indiana who is going to end up with a losing record, probably 5-7. Next game is against Minnesota who already has 5 loses and will end up with 7 or 8. Then they get to Illinois who will probably end up with 9 loses. After that is Northwestern who will probably end up with 10 loses. Evn beating Michigan can't overcome the fact that OSU is hitting the softest part of their schedule while SC is headed for murderers row.

Up til now OSU has Played Texas 6-1, Penn State 4-3 and Iowa 5-2, Northern Illinois 4-3, Cincinatti 3-4, Bowling Green 4-3 and Michigan State 3-4. 3 rent a victims and a pretty bad team by MS standards at 3-4.

USC played Arkansas 6-1 and Nebraska 6-1, Washington St. 4-3, Washington 4-3 Arizona 3-4 and Arizona state 3-3.

Even if the computers don't take rent a victims into account I would say the SOS thus far is a tad in favor of SC based on the 2 6 and 1's and only one opponent with a losing record.
Old 10/19/2006, 06:34 PM

Quote:
September 2 at Arkansas W 50-14
September 16 No. 19 Nebraska W 28-10
September 23 at Arizona W 20-3
September 30 at Washington State W 28-22
October 7 Washington W 26-20
October 14 Arizona State W 28-21
The experience they have come away with after every game is to barely beat their opponent. So much for logic.
What I see there is 6 wins. We might suck but we're doing something right.
Old 10/19/2006, 06:39 PM

yeah 6 wins against who? Wow USC is amazing,lol.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 06:40 PM

wasn't directed at you but your welcome to follow along

Quote:
Originally posted by Treg
Is that directed to me? I do, But I still dont see where how or why USC should be #1! Please explain to me why...

When have the CP and HP ranked USC over OSU??

The computer is crap, we all know that!
Old 10/19/2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
yeah 6 wins against who? Wow USC is amazing,lol.
I realize we don't play against national powerhouses like the SEC but I would put the Arizonas and washington teams up against Ol Miss, Miss State, Vanderbilt and Kentucky let alone UAB, UCF, West Kentucky, Buffalo, Tulane, Arkansas State and the other division ll Rent A Victims the SEC brings in
Old 10/19/2006, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I realize we don't play against national powerhouses like the SEC but I would put the Arizonas and washington teams up against Ol Miss, Miss State, Vanderbilt and Kentucky let alone UAB, UCF, West Kentucky, Buffalo, Tulane, Arkansas State and the other division ll Rent A Victims the SEC brings in
The SEC brings them teams in b/c of the fact that the SEC is tough enough. But i am glad you have now come into touch with reality.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/19/2006, 06:52 PM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

Quote:
[i]

Well said.
Old 10/19/2006, 06:53 PM

7 out of conference loses for the SEC already, Real tough
Old 10/19/2006, 06:55 PM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

OSU is going to stay number one, USC won't jump them if both teams win out.