Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/12/2005, 08:42 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

Trying to get 50 posts so I can buy frags???

Quote:
Originally posted by rangerfan
trying to get 50 posts so i can buy frags ridiculous
Anyone know what this is about?

Saw him post this 2x, maybe a seller will not sell to a newbie?
Old 10/12/2005, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Hmmm, I'm thinking he was lost if it's the same one that I replied to anyways...

TheBimbo...

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 10/12/2005, 08:50 PM
calepa ta kala

I think they limited the ability to open a new account and start selling stuff.
Old 10/12/2005, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

50 posts is far fetched from other forums that I am used to. I hang out on a popular forum that only requires 10 posts to post in the sales forums. Then again, that forum has top notch mods to keep things under control, not mods that have power trips, trigger happy "dont toy with me" attitudes.
I have been trying to get 50 posts so I could post my request for a trade on a light I have but to make senseless posts would make me look even MORE rediculous. My 2 cents....
Old 10/12/2005, 08:52 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by thebimbo
Hmmm, I'm thinking he was lost if it's the same one that I replied to anyways...

TheBimbo...
yeah you replied to him ...he was lost in the lounge
Old 10/12/2005, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

Yeah you have to have 50 posts to use the trading and selling forums... Too bad he cant make his post count with useful information and helping others with info that he knows...maybe he does not know anything!!??
Old 10/12/2005, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

Keep making posts like that and you fill find that your post count goes back to zero...
Old 10/12/2005, 08:54 PM
No Lorenzo in my Benzo

Quote:
Originally posted by Scuba_Dave
yeah you replied to him ...he was lost in the lounge

he will never get 50 now!!!
Old 10/12/2005, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

Not once Buster gets ahold of em!!
Old 10/12/2005, 09:00 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
Originally posted by talksalt
50 posts is far fetched from other forums that I am used to. I hang out on a popular forum that only requires 10 posts to post in the sales forums. Then again, that forum has top notch mods to keep things under control, not mods that have power trips, trigger happy "dont toy with me" attitudes.
I have been trying to get 50 posts so I could post my request for a trade on a light I have but to make senseless posts would make me look even MORE rediculous. My 2 cents....
Interesting perspective from someone here a month. FWIW, RC's mission is the exchange of reef-related INFORMATION. The Selling and Trading Forums are a perk, added as a service to our members. There are way too many people who just want to come to RC and sell, and frankly, that adds nothing to our mission.

Hmmm, let's see, if you make 10 posts a day, you can get to the 50 post minimum in 5 days. The wealth of topics on RC would seem to make making 10 posts THAT ACTUALLY ADD TO THE TOPICS fairly easy and painless to do. Of course, if that's too much trouble, perhaps a poster really doesn't need to sell or trade their items here anyways.

The folks bent on using RC just to make a buck are the ones who caused the 50 post minimum rule. This rule slows them down quite a bit. Sorry if it makes things inconvenient for you.

Kevin
Old 10/12/2005, 09:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Anemone
Interesting perspective from someone here a month. FWIW, RC's mission is the exchange of reef-related INFORMATION. The Selling and Trading Forums are a perk, added as a service to our members. There are way too many people who just want to come to RC and sell, and frankly, that adds nothing to our mission.

Hmmm, let's see, if you make 10 posts a day, you can get to the 50 post minimum in 5 days. The wealth of topics on RC would seem to make making 10 posts THAT ACTUALLY ADD TO THE TOPICS fairly easy and painless to do. Of course, if that's too much trouble, perhaps a poster really doesn't need to sell or trade their items here anyways.

The folks bent on using RC just to make a buck are the ones who caused the 50 post minimum rule. This rule slows them down quite a bit. Sorry if it makes things inconvenient for you.

Kevin
Thanks for your reply and I understand your output on it. This is not an inconvenience for me. I am not here to only make a buck. You wouldnt believe the amount of information I have learned from these forums alone. I do not have a goal to make 10 posts a day, My goal is to make quality posts. Postcount to me means nothing. I have been a member on another board for 4 years and only have ~1200 posts. I guess spending about 5 hours a day on this board isnt enough

And what does my length of time have to do with anything? Just an easy "In your face" type comment? Please explain as I am confused on what that actually has to do with.
Old 10/12/2005, 09:08 PM
Moderator Clone

If you're learning something from the Lounge, I pity you...

Kevin

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!
Old 10/12/2005, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

Snipped from above ///edited after your last post.
And what does my length of time have to do with anything? Just an easy "In your face" type comment? Please explain as I am confused on what that actually has to do with.
Old 10/12/2005, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If you're learnig something from the Lounge, I pity you...

Kevin

Hey I've gotten some great recipes, jokes and tons of things from The Lounge Mister!!!

TheBimbo

panties...?

lace panties...?

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 10/12/2005, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

I dont browse by Forum, I click the get latest feature like I do on all forums. If I see a topic that is of interest to me, I check it out. Thats the reason why I am posting in the lounge.
Old 10/12/2005, 09:14 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
Originally posted by talksalt
Snipped from above ///edited after your last post.
The length of time applies directly to your knowledge of "mods that have power trips, trigger happy "dont toy with me" attitudes." Seems like you have a pretty strong opinion of those who volunteer their time for one who has contributed so little of your own.

Now that was an easy "in your face" type of comment.

Kevin
Old 10/12/2005, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

I personally think that it's quite scary out " there " at times ...

TheBimbo...

panties...?

lace panties...?

Old 10/12/2005, 09:16 PM
No Lorenzo in my Benzo

Quote:
Originally posted by thebimbo
Hey I've gotten some great recipes, jokes and tons of things from The Lounge Mister!!!

TheBimbo

I learned about Monkeys,Dogs,Porcupines,Ban Sticks,Blonde Jokes,Great Pick Up Lines,Alaska,& that's just to name a few.
Old 10/12/2005, 09:17 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

I've learned something today!!! Posts in the lounge do not count
Maybe we shouldn't tell them when they come to the Lounge? When we tell them, they leave
muahahahahahaha
Old 10/12/2005, 09:17 PM
Registered Member

Location: East of the Mississippi, north of the mason dixon line
Well I've learned a lot in the lounge
Nothing I would pass on to my kids of course.
Just enough information to frighten me from ever attending a MACNA event and possibly meeting lounge lizards in person. Hhhhhhhmmmmmmm, maybe my humdrum life NEEDS to add some lizards to it!!!!!!!

Must rethink my position,

Russ
Old 10/12/2005, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EXPEDITION
I learned about Monkeys,Dogs,Porcupines,Ban Sticks,Blonde Jokes,Great Pick Up Lines,Alaska,& that's just to name a few.

And if we need help with our tanks, people in here help us out tooo ... Heck we don't ever have to leave here again, right EXPEDITION??? Except for the photography forum...

TheBimbo...

panties...?

lace panties...?

Old 10/12/2005, 09:18 PM
Moved In

Quote:
The length of time applies directly to your knowledge of "mods that have power trips, trigger happy "dont toy with me" attitudes." Seems like you have a pretty strong opinion of those who volunteer their time for one who has contributed so little of your own.

Kevin
Is that a power trip comment?

In all seriousness, it's pretty easy to make plenty of good posts in the newbie forum without even trying.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 10/12/2005, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Kevin
I am not out to pin you I am just making my statement which falls under free speach.
Has is been through your mind that since my profile says I have only been here a month that I have? FYI, I have lurked for about 3 months before joining.
So my right to give my opinion on "SOME" of the mods seems legit to me
Old 10/12/2005, 09:24 PM
no pig 2 big

Quote:
Originally posted by dc
Is that a power trip comment?

In all seriousness, it's pretty easy to make plenty of good posts in the newbie forum without even trying.
Yeah and I think debi is a good example of this...
Old 10/12/2005, 09:25 PM
no pig 2 big

hanging around for this one.