Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/14/2004, 07:40 PM
Soul of a Sailor

I also hate the local weather reports. Every local station makes a big point of starting their news broadcast with the weather. Even if there is major news, (for example the Columbia disaster) they go straight into the weather before the top story. This might not bother me so much if they didn't do the weather 3 more times before the end of the broadcast and each report didn't last so long. All I need to know is what the weather is going to be like today and the rest of the week. I don't need to know what it was yesterday or an explanation of why it was like that. If we broke a record then make a mention of it, but otherwise I don't care what temperature it was at 7 this morning. I don't want to see time lapse video of downtown. What does this even have to do with the weather? A 30 minute news broadcast has 20 minutes of weather, 5 minutes of commercials, and 5 minutes of news. I don't know if they do this anywhere else or if it annoys anyone else, but it drives me absolutely nuts!!
Old 01/14/2004, 08:13 PM
SpEd Man

And then the weather is wrong anyway.
Old 01/14/2004, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

"People that cant comprehend the meaning and usage of the words "to", "too", and "two"."

Yeah, I hate that to.
Old 01/14/2004, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Oh yeah, and 'Tang police'.
Old 01/14/2004, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

"if i ever catch someone ding my door/car, they will have a foot up their butt in no time."

That will probably be a tough fit being as how their head's probably already occupying that space.

Yeah, I've got a big car....and yeah, I can park it in one space. Unfortunately, the general public has no respect for someone else's property. I fail to see the difference between someone dinging my car and someone chucking a rock through my window at home.
Old 01/14/2004, 08:49 PM
The Notorious Reefer

Chewing with your mouth open, exessive swearing.. Internet slang, the word "like" being used after every 5th word in teenager's vocabulary, stupid people..

Lots of stupid teens that think they are cool so vandalize things, kids that wear their pants lower than their *ahem..., big baggy pants, very dirty shoes, dirty people that don't shower, people that spit in front of me, or around me exessively. Old people that walk slow as hell in front of you at a cashier or exiting out of the grocery store, people that blast their headphones up in an airplane, car, train or in public..

People that don't turn off their phones at movies, people that get up exessively at movies, people kissing ( tongue ) in public, or around you..

Ketchup packets, cheap toilet paper at stores and restaurants ( need half the roll to wipe without ripping)...

Let's see...

Cigarettes, people that smoke near you or infront of you ( this really gets me mad, I don't want to be breathing in that crap.. it's very rude and selfish IMO ), my fish store, teenagers that can't drive especially girl teenagers , people that show off their burn outs or how fast their car can accelerate in public, white people that think they are black, the backwards "ambulance" on ambulances, medicine containers, porto-potties, pop-up ads, people that chew gum with their mouth open, people that take forever to order than say, oh wait nevermind I'll have the....

Uhm.. bad grammar usage, teenagers in general ( although I am one.. quite ironic ), walmart, and last but not least no soap when you finished your business in a public restroom.

-The new and improved Lebowski 29 tank, (Oh man, it's so close to being accomplished! It will blow your minds!)-

-Boogie on Raggae Woman-
Old 01/14/2004, 08:56 PM
Soul of a Sailor

Lebowski you're a smart man. You pretty much covered all the things that get to me. I'm a teenager too
Old 01/14/2004, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
for folks like koikeeper and me, we are not jerks that take 2 spots in the front of the lot. hell, i park in one spot 99.5% of the time and what do i get? dings!
whoa, I am quite different. The two spots I take is always the last one meaning that no one can accidentally bump my mirrors or anything, I am in no ones way, and not near any other vehicles, ever. If a store is crowded enough that the lot is that full I don't go in. Crowded stores annoy me.

Quote:
I Hate:: Un~supervised, loud childeren in public places. Esp. resturants...............
I can't believe that was not on my original list. What is wrong with those people? I have kids and they don't act like screaming hullagans anywhere I go... I always feel like grabbing them and asking where their parents are; but anymore the kid would just be a smart *** and the parent would sue you for touching their kid

(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«·*KoiKeeper*·»
(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ `'·.¸)`'·.¸)
Old 01/14/2004, 11:09 PM
The Notorious Reefer

Quote:
Lebowski you're a smart man. You pretty much covered all the things that get to me. I'm a teenager too

-The new and improved Lebowski 29 tank, (Oh man, it's so close to being accomplished! It will blow your minds!)-

-Boogie on Raggae Woman-
Old 01/15/2004, 03:21 AM
Registered Member

I HATE it when I see guys (or anyone really) spitting on the sidewalk of a public place. If you are jogging on a trail, spit off to the side or something, no one wants to see it. Ooohh that really gets me going. I just want to scream when I see someone spit in front of me. This one time I was comming out of a building behind this adolescent guy and I expected that he knew I was behind him and would hold the door for me. Nope he let it slam in my face, no problem, maybe he didnt see me. Then he haulks (how do you spell that?) a lougee right where Im about to walk. Disgusting!

Or when its cold out and the people who smoke are all crowded around the entrance to the buildings and you have to hold your breath to get by and then you still end up smelling like smoke.

Papercuts

cabinets that dont close properly.

when you are walking past someone but they dont know which side of you to pass on so you both do that little dance to the left then right then left again and its really awkward...

when you have to help someone who doesnt wear deodorant or shower often.

having to explain for the hundreth time that you cannot keep nemo with goldfish

having to carry all my books to class everyday, about 30lbs worth...

hangnails

when the lightbulb is out when you get home and have to find your way in the dark and you stub your toe...

Yep thats about all I can think of right now.
Old 01/15/2004, 11:33 AM
Premium Member

Oh man, I hat that STUPID hair cut that old ladies get! What's up with that?? They all have it! You know, the really short curly white hair look? Why do they all get the same hair? Am I just crazy or what?
Old 01/15/2004, 11:35 AM
Premium Member

When you are looking at something in a store and somebody walks right past what you are looking at without saying anthing, like "pardon me" or something. ****ers
Old 01/15/2004, 12:40 PM
Pulling my hair out

I think an overall theme that most would agree to as an annoyance is a definate lack of manners. This isn't just young people either, as I see it just as often from "older" folks. What happened to simple courtesy? It's what's going wrong with the world (or at least the little part of it that I see) and turning it into what it is. JMO of course...

Q!!!
Old 01/15/2004, 01:28 PM
Premium Member

CHEESEHEADS...Um, I mean Packers fans.

And as Coral Dilema stated already that bears repeating, drivers that putz along in the left hand lane. Read the signs on the side of the road that state: "SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT", and do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Please pass along to all applicable family members). Sorry, but that one really, really urcks me.
Old 01/15/2004, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

Women style of communications

I hate it when you specifically ask A or B and you get an answer of C.

For example, I would ask a question like "Honey do you want me to give the kids a bath ?" Expecting answer of something like, "Yes Please" or "no that's OK".

Instead I would get an answer like "They had a bath this morning!"
Old 01/15/2004, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Having to listen to people talking on the cell phone

I don't really mind them talking on the cell phone all day long as long as I don't have to listen to it. Especially places like the elevator where I'm sort of captive to it.
Old 01/15/2004, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

Foreigners who immigrate here and:
1) Refuse to learn English (no matter how many years they've been here)
2) Try to change our way of life by
2a) Trying to remove "In God We Trust" from our Pledge
2b) Bashing Christmas Trees
2c) take away Moment of Silent Prayer in Schools
3) Steal our jobs at 1/2 the salary, send 1/2 that money back to their country, then apply for gov't assistance cause they can't raise a family at 1/4 normal salary.

BTW... I am 1/2 Latin (born & raised in USA) and my wife was an immigrant who spent most of her free time to learn English. I am in no way racist, I just don't appreciate people comming into this country and expecting the country to revolve around them.
Old 01/15/2004, 03:14 PM
in the bathtub

News people using the phrase "so called". It is either called that or it is not.

I drive a big deisel pickup if I go to the city I drive the minivan, easier to park in the land of little parking slots.

Ed: "I hate to tell you this Dr., but there aren't any fish in that river. In fact, there isn't any river."
Dr. Lao: "That's ok. Me no use bait."
Old 01/15/2004, 04:34 PM
Wet-fingered Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by greenbean36191
I also hate the local weather reports. Every local station makes a big point of starting their news broadcast with the weather. Even if there is major news,
Here in southern California, we have no major weather so to speak of, so when the local news promotes their news cast with a STORM WATCH, you would think it would be something big coming. Nope....usually it's forecasting slight chance of drizzle.
Old 01/15/2004, 04:44 PM
Super Bowl Champ

I really hate most people who smoke cigarettes. Inconsiderate, pushy people. They dont care cause they are smoking. You say something nicely, they dont care. They're smoking, they dont have to care they will just smoke another, cause they dont care. Screw it, I will just smoke another one. Puff. Puff.

WHY CANT YOU UNDERSTAND YOU ARE KILLING YOURSELF.

YOU ARE POLLUTING MY AIR.

JUST KILL YOURSELF WITH A GUN AND END IT, PLEASE.

friggin smokers....
Old 01/15/2004, 05:05 PM
Moved On

my girlfriend buys stuff at the mall on sale, for example: she'll buy a shirt for $15 and try to tell me its worth $30....i'm thinking: if they gave you the shirt for $15, it's worth is much less than $15

that's the same with any item really....it's worth whatever you pay...i think sales are funny, because it's almost like they're saying, "we been screwin these people long enough now, obviously we're asking much too much, let's put it on SALE!"
(that's when you find out the real 'worth' of the item...
Old 01/15/2004, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

That reminds me.....

Women and shoes.
Old 01/15/2004, 05:32 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by Niven
When people don't use their BLINKER!!!! It erks me SOOOO much
i rarely use my blinker....the only time i will use it is if:

A) i see police around me
B) i'm turning right and someone just ahead is watching and waiting to pull on to the road.. i will use it then..
C) four way stop when necessary

i mean, what is a blinker? it's.....a signal, right? what better signal could i give then my 2-ton vehicle moving in that direction.
i think people he use their blinkers for every little lane change and even when there are no cars around are dorks (just my opinion of course)

i mean, are YOU gonna pay for my new blinkers when their lifespan is cut short by excessive use?

guess what....THERES NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
Old 01/15/2004, 06:14 PM
Premium Member

Abu, you are crazy.
Old 01/15/2004, 08:06 PM
in the bathtub

People who's watches beep at the hour. Is it really necessary to know exactly when 2 o'clock occurs?

Ed: "I hate to tell you this Dr., but there aren't any fish in that river. In fact, there isn't any river."
Dr. Lao: "That's ok. Me no use bait."