Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > West Tennessee Marine & Reef Aquarium Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/06/2008, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

need help moving my 300 to jackson tn

hey guys, i'll be moving to jackson tn, in july this year and was wondering if there were any reefers out that way that could possibly help me set up my 300 gall. i'll be moving out that way from atlanta. I'm prob gonna need help with having some pre made saltwater ready..i will gladly pay anyone out there or trade you frags for your help.. anyways i'm looking forward to meet any fellow reefers out there..

heres a little bit about my current setup...

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=10953

thankx jaime
Old 01/06/2008, 05:14 PM
WTMRAC Pres 07~08

We have several members in and around the Jackson area so I am sure we could get you some volunteers. Let us know when you have dates and times.

PS You will prob have to feed us though. LOL

Click the Red House to see my tank pictures.
Old 01/06/2008, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

no probs... will fire up the grill and have beer to go round,,
Old 01/06/2008, 05:29 PM
WTMRAC Bean Counter

Amazing tank!
Old 01/06/2008, 06:12 PM
Premium Member

i can help you with premix water. i have 2 33 gallon cans i can mix in and i have some buckets. just give me some money for salt and i'll mix it up for you. it doesn't take long with my 100 gallon a day ro/di.

nice tank as well.
Old 01/06/2008, 07:54 PM
Who dat?

I have some 55 gallon containers that you could use as well as a couple of stock tanks that could be used to hold animals/ rock if needed.
Old 01/06/2008, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

Great tank! I have 3 55 gal food grade drums that I use to mix water for my 240. I also have a 165 gal fresh water holding tank that I could mixing if needed. I would be glad to help in any way needed, just let me know. I know what it's like to need help setting up a big tank so please don't hesitate to call me.

Robert Arbuckle

PS: Welcome to the area!
Old 01/06/2008, 11:14 PM
Registered Member

thank-you guys,,, will pm you guys closer to the time..
Old 01/06/2008, 11:18 PM
Premium Member

Great!! You are not by chance coming to the UT FP Residency program, are you? I am an RN in Jackson. I will be glad to help in any way I can. Do you have your moving date? I will be in Puerto Rico July 19-Aug.2, but will be glad to help before or after. It will be great to have another reefer in this area. There are only a few of us in the Jackson area, as most are from Memphis. Hopefully, we will have more meetings in the Jackson area this year. Your tank is awesome.
Old 01/07/2008, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

Awesome tank. I also live in Jackson so give us a holler when you are ready.
Old 01/07/2008, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Nice tank, I am in
Old 01/07/2008, 10:55 PM
Registered Member

yeah im gonna have to tear it down, it was part of the reason that my current club "the atlanta reef club " featured it. Im already dreading the day when i cut the power and have to move. on the flip side because i'll be moving again im gonna be down in jackson in the next month or 2 looking for a new place.. bells going off in my head for an even bigger tank.. my current tank was made by glass cages, now i'll be in tennessee it'll be even easier to upgrade to a bigger tank..

reefdiver- no im not starting the fp residency program... been there done that..never again!! lol...

i have to thank you guys for your support, cant wait to meet you..will kinda miss my reef people here in atlanta but looking forward to making new friends.....

p.s could you jacksonites out there recommend any good neighborhoods / areas to live in??
Old 01/07/2008, 11:09 PM
Registered Member

Im partial to the south part of Jackson. Ive lived here all my life. It just depends on what you are looking for. North Jackson has most all your restaurants and shops but with that comes the dreaded TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But there are alot of nice neighborhoods in Jackson.
Old 01/08/2008, 12:42 PM
Premium Member

geeez i never noticed all the nurses around here. hahahahahaha

wheeeeee! i'm starting materinty and child nursing class next week. ugggh. kids.

hahaha.
Old 01/08/2008, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

I think if you removed all the healthcare and all the computer related like techs, you would lose like half the people..lol

I have also noted a lot of other similarites in SW folk..like..
Many have several hobbies aside from fish like Model railroads and RC planes are shared by many of us I keep noticing..
Old 01/08/2008, 05:46 PM
Premium Member

i used to be into rc cars quite a bit and did have an electric park flier for a time.

no trains though.
Old 01/08/2008, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

I am in Jackson and I have plenty of 5 gal buckets and 55 gal drums for any one in need of them.