Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Propagated Corals & Tank Raised Livestock Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/27/2007, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

Purple People Eaters

I've got some PPE's for sale. I'm trying to get some money together for my 21st bday sat night.

deal will be...

1 polyp...$40
2 polyp...$80
3 polyp...$115
4 polyp...$150
5 polyp...$185
6 polyp...$220
8 polyp...$290

If I've got other frags I'll throw them in to help offset shipping. I hate shipping charges, but I guess it's something you gotta deal with when ordering online.

pickup is available in south florida.

Shipping your door: $45.00 . This includes shipping, DHL air fuel surcharge, packaging, and insurance. There are no hidden fees. All livestock orders are shipped via Next Day air, arriving at your door by 12 o'clock.

***If shipping is less I WILL refund the money.***

WILL
Old 11/27/2007, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

bump...if anyone knows a way to ship them cheaper I want to learn. One of the local fishstores will be helping me ship these out. That's their shipping price and that's what they told me to put. I never knew shipping was so expensive, but am learning.

Open to suggestions on cheaper shipping!!! I feel like that's the killer!
Old 11/27/2007, 06:03 PM
On The M0VE

macawmagic, thats what the going rate is, especially if u going to guarantee live arrival. DHL, usually goes for $35 to $40 but there no guarantee through them...

Try posting in the Tampa and Orlando forums. Shipping in FLA should only run about $10. Sorry for the Hijack.
Old 11/27/2007, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

thats fine...i appreciate it. still learning. anyways I will gaurantee live arrival!! forgot to mention that!
Old 11/27/2007, 10:04 PM
Premium Member

I have shipped frags in a thermos bottle inside a styrofoam lined box via usps for $25.
Had them shipped to me that way several times.
I just received a shipment of zoanthids in a thermos bottle, but even though the sender put a couple heat packs in the box(didn't line the box with styrofoam), the water in the bags went down to 60 degrees. Frags survived.
This isn't the best time of year to ship, but we take our chances, don't we.

Hope this gives you some more options.
Happy B-Day
Old 11/27/2007, 11:24 PM
Parrot head

If your shipping in state Fedex Home delivery should be there in the am and would be a fair bit cheaper, just not sure if they'll guarantee delivery.
Old 11/28/2007, 12:43 AM
Registered Member

What causes the skirt to not be green?
2 - True Bali RBTA - 6, and 8 inches i think
Sweet Green Carpet - 12 inches
Old 11/28/2007, 12:50 AM
Registered Member

the skirts are green. I'm just not an amazing photographer and can in no way capture what they look like in the tank. I know it's hard to trust people on the internet, but these are the real deal! Heads are about the size of a dime or penny. green skirts...green mouths...purple body.

offers? I've had one person interested in these.
Old 11/28/2007, 01:05 AM
President emeritus, ORCA

UPS ground anywhere(barring the panhandle and keys) in FL is guaranteed overnight for about $10. USPS has been pretty good to me over the last couple years, but it depends on where you live.
Old 11/28/2007, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

bump...since i've only had 1 person interested...$35 a polyp?
Old 11/28/2007, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

I really think you need a new picture of the PPEs in order to have more people interested. I would definately be interested but the first picture makes them look like a run of the mill zoa that looks like a PPE. Capture the green on the skirts and mouth and you should sell out.

Michael
Old 11/28/2007, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

Just an FYI most zoa's and button polyps are shipped into the country wrapped in wet newspaper. It really cuts down on the shipping weight and is easier to keep the air temperature up with heat packs than it is to keep the water temperature up. Same thing with Astrea snails and Blue Leg hermits, shipped dry 500 to a bag!
Old 11/28/2007, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

the first picture is under a 250 watt dual ended hallide with a 10K bulb in it. no actinics. that's why they're not neon green. the other pictures are in my main tank with 8 t5s. I'll see if I can get someone to swing by with a nice camera and take some better pics. I'll repost when I get better pics.

These are the real deal! I'm hoping some of the people who have already bougth them from me chime in here? It's too late to ship out tomorrow anyway.
Old 11/29/2007, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

well turns out my 21st bday present was my car breaking down, so my party is going to have to be some people at my house...The clutch just went out on my car and they tell me I need new tires. aka...I owe the dealer like $3,000. I'm already working 2 jobs and am a fulltime student so theres no more time to make any more money. This will have to suffice.
I've got a total of 79 polyps to sell. My deal to everyone so that I can make money will be...

$30 a polyp + shipping. I was really hoping to make some more money and buy myself a calcium reactor, but without a functioning car I can't get to work or school. This is the lowest I will go, so no I will not be cutting the price any money for buying more polyps. If we already talked and have a deal, then i will stand by it.

I'll be available to ship next week. probably tuesday. everyones been pming me with lowball offers so I figure I'll just meet halfway. This is the lowest as I will go as I need the money and this is a great deal for these polyps.

They ARE the real deal. I can't trace them back, but will gaurantee that they are PPE's.
Old 11/29/2007, 10:45 PM
Registered Member

thanks...i really wanted to sell them for $40 a polyp, but only 1 person pmed me. and then at 35 like 5 people pmed me and they were all lowballers. I need the money to fix my car which is sitting at the dealership waiting for me to pay them. I was planning on buying a geo calcium reactor, vortech pump, neptune controller, and maybe some nice clothes, as I work 2 sometimes 3 jobs just to afford school and the normal living stuff, but I guess life has other plans for me!

thanks for the bump.

P.S. I think i'm addicted when I payoff my bills and then spend the rest of the money on fish tank stuff instead of personal stuff.. LOL I can't remember the last time I was at the mall buying clothes or anything like that. LOL

RA (Reefers Anonymous) here I come!!!
Old 11/30/2007, 12:11 AM
Registered Member

[bump]

Last edited by geo; 11/30/2007 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11/30/2007, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

[bump]

This is two, one more and thread closed. I suggest everyone posting in this thread reads and follows the forum rules posted in the link.

Last edited by geo; 11/30/2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11/30/2007, 11:33 AM
Registered Member

ppe's

ARE THESE PPE'S IN WESTON? WHAT WOULD YOU LET 10 OR MORE GO FOR? I HAVE SOME JOKERS WOULD YOU WANT TO TRADE? RAYMANUCY@AOL.COM
Old 11/30/2007, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

yes I am located in weston. 10 polyps would be $300 plus shipping or if picked up just $300. West palm isn't too far of a drive. Let me know. And Matt...just send me the pic and I'll post it myself I guess...I appreciate the help though.
Old 11/30/2007, 08:26 PM
Registered Member

List of people who have contacted me.

wfm8p 3 polyp
teeka 2 polyp
anative 2 polyp
coolwheels interested
lytehouse 25 polyp
zaozao 3 polyp
hbtank 2-3 polyp
carman5579 intersted
monkeyfish 2 polyp
eharper2 2 polyp
kingnai 2 polyp

Prices will be $30 per polyp + shipping. I will ship any way you want. shipping should take place next week!!! The safest way I feel to ship would be through this store that's going to help me out. They're charging me $45 a package, so thats the deal. If you would like them shipped another way, please send me a pm with how you would like it shipped and try and teach me how to ship with your method. If it costs less for me to ship "your" way then I will not charge the 45 to ship, but again I feel much safer with their help. I will only gaurantee the polyps through shipping with them. I will do whatever I can to make sure "your" shipping methods are carried out to their fullest.

also, please re-pm me everything. my mailbox accidently got deleted. but I wrote down all this info beforehand.
I need # of polyps, shipping info, and how you want shipped. also if there's any other info you think I might need, include it.

thanks,
Keith
Old 11/30/2007, 09:32 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by macawmagic
List of people who have contacted me.

wfm8p 3 polyp
teeka 2 polyp
anative 2 polyp
coolwheels interested
lytehouse 25 polyp
zaozao 3 polyp
hbtank 2-3 polyp
carman5579 intersted
monkeyfish 2 polyp
eharper2 2 polyp
kingnai 2 polyp

Prices will be $30 per polyp + shipping. I will ship any way you want. shipping should take place next week!!! The safest way I feel to ship would be through this store that's going to help me out. They're charging me $45 a package, so thats the deal. If you would like them shipped another way, please send me a pm with how you would like it shipped and try and teach me how to ship with your method. If it costs less for me to ship "your" way then I will not charge the 45 to ship, but again I feel much safer with their help. I will only gaurantee the polyps through shipping with them. I will do whatever I can to make sure "your" shipping methods are carried out to their fullest.

also, please re-pm me everything. my mailbox accidently got deleted. but I wrote down all this info beforehand.
I need # of polyps, shipping info, and how you want shipped. also if there's any other info you think I might need, include it.

thanks,
Keith

First off, you shouldn't post who is willing to buy from you unless they already paid...otherwise someone can undercut you and PM your future customers. Second, I have shipped a ton of zoa's via USPS priority mail flat rate box-only $9...sure it takes 2-3 days but I have never had a shipment not make it. Zoa's are very hardy...Im not sure about PPE though...I once had a package that went out via usps priority mail that was returned due to wrong address..the package was out for 7 days and to my surprise the zoa's where still alive. A shipping price of $9 will help you move a lot of zoa's...trust me....if people want to feel safer and have it shipped overnight then thats on their dime and I would leave it up to them to choose their own carrier.
Old 11/30/2007, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

I will take 3 if you can hold them for a few days
Old 11/30/2007, 11:26 PM
Registered Member

its under 50/50 PC.
the color is accurate based on the lighting, no retouch.

Thanks to Clockwurk for taking the photo for me!

Old 12/01/2007, 05:50 AM
Registered Member

I am sorry but I am not paying 45. shipping within FL. I have recieved to many coral shipped within FL for 15. Reguler ground shipping makes it anywhere except the panhandle the next day.
Old 12/01/2007, 08:06 AM
Premium Member

Wow I'm glad I woke up early today! This is a steal!

PM sent!