Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > West Tennessee Marine & Reef Aquarium Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/01/2008, 09:24 PM
Registered Member

Looking for a host for January Meeting

Ok we know that the Frag Swap is on 1/19 in Nashville.

So we need to find a person willing to hold the January meeting, preferably on another day then 1/19. I think there are a lot of members that are going to attend the Frag Swap.

Secondly we need a topic, so if anyone has a topic they are interested in let me know as well or if you want to talk about a certain topic that would be even better.

Please let me know if you are interested in hosting the meeting or if you have a toipc.

Kathy
Old 01/01/2008, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Looks like my husband already know what to do!?!!?!?!?

Kathy
Old 01/01/2008, 10:03 PM
WTMRAC Pres 07~08

Quote:
Originally posted by zebrafish2
I'm Kathy with a "K".
Kathy
My apologizes, I didn't know which way you spelled your name so I looked on the Club Members site. Therefore it is all Ryan's fault.

Vicki (Reefdiver) was the meeting scheduler so she would be the best person to answer any questions you have.

Previously a DIY show and tell topic was brought up and I thought it sounds pretty good. Anything you have DIY'd to make life easier. Bring the item, drawings or twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.

Click the Red House to see my tank pictures.
Old 01/01/2008, 11:09 PM
Premium Member

I think the DIY topic is a good one. I have my "show and tell" already picked out.
Old 01/01/2008, 11:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sperry
twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.
So the meeting is at "Alice's Resturant"?
Old 01/02/2008, 09:05 AM
WTMRAC Pres 07~08

I was wondering if anyone would catch the reference

Old 01/02/2008, 10:16 PM
WTMRAC Pres 07~08

Exclamation

Come on, someone

Old 01/02/2008, 10:55 PM
Premium Member

For those who have never hosted a meeting> Your only responsibility would be to open your home, car dealership(some of you know what I mean) to club members, on Sat or Sun and you choose the time. You can provide whatever refreshments you choose to. I have seen it be as simple as snacks to 3 course meals (are you out there Roy???). You do not have to get the speaker or the topic. You also do not have to have a large home. Nick had the meeting in his apartment. I was hoping this might encourage some club members to volunteer.

Also Scott, are there not some Oriental Restraunts around with very nice reef tanks? This might be one of those times when we could utilize one of them, if no one volunteers. I will have a meeting in a few months at my home. I live in the sticks in a very simple home that is packed with tanks!!

Kathy, not trying to move in on you, but it looks like Scott is getting a little nervous about the lack of a meeting space!!
Old 01/02/2008, 11:31 PM
WTMRAC Pres 07~08

Nah, not nervous. Just bumping the thread back to the top. I dont know about the restaurants, we dont have a lot of those in Whiteville and I dont get to the big city very often.

Old 01/02/2008, 11:55 PM
Registered Member

Well I am not sure if this is the case now but I know in the early times of the club we just used the swap as more or less the meeting of the month. It was the general consensus of the members back then that two meets in one month was more than most could attend.

Not sure if that is the case now but maybe get a show of hands of those who would be able to make a meeting as well as the swap or one or the other type thing. Just to see if there would be enough folks able to come first..

I know I am going to the frag swap but doubt I could make a memphis meeting the week after..Jackson area would be okay though.
Old 01/03/2008, 12:13 AM
Premium Member

I will be attending the frag swap and the meeting, whenever and wherever it might be.
Old 01/03/2008, 12:15 AM
Premium Member

Would those in Memphis chime in about which restraunts have great reef tanks. NOT NEW HUNAN ON PARK!!!!!
Old 01/03/2008, 02:44 AM
WTMRAC Bean Counter

I can't think of a restaurant where I've seen a reef tank but I'll ask around.
Old 01/03/2008, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

I can only think of 2 folks folly and hunan on g'town road. My vote is Folks folly as long as the club buys!!!
Old 01/03/2008, 08:16 AM
Premium Member

I am thinking I saw on our club site a message about a beautiful reef tank at some Oriental Restr in Cordova. I attempted a search but came up with nothing. Also, Randy Wright at the Dive Shop on Yates had said he would host a meeting at one time. He has a tiny reef tank in there.
Old 01/03/2008, 08:39 AM
Registered Member

i think glitzyone said there was one here in collierville,
Old 01/03/2008, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

ok I found the post from glitzyone here here it is. Let me know if anyone know about this place. I can't find any info on the internet about this place. Not even the yellow pages.

Quote:
Originally posted by glitzyone
Tanks in a restaurants or Dr's office etc. is a great place to give a flyer for the swap. You can print it off of our home page on the swap link and ask for it to be given to the owner. I did this in Colliervile at Lee Khans and she said her husband would be very excited and mentioned the have six tanks at the Cordova location. I told her they needed to be in the club. Wouldn't that be a great place for a meeting!!!!!!
Old 01/03/2008, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

They do have several tanks at Hunan on g'town pkwy, and they did have 1 small reef tank, but I think last time I was in there(maybe a month ago)that they no longer had the reef setup, all tanks were fish only.
Old 01/03/2008, 12:16 PM
WTMRAC Pres 07~08

After a quick poll of the officers, we will count the Nashville frag swap as the Jan meeting and look forward to a DIY show and tell in Feb. at a location to be announced. Now everyone plan on attending the Frag Swap!!!!!!!!

Old 01/03/2008, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

That sounds good,I am sure most will be attending the frag swap.I just need my 120 going so i can fill it up.