Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Orlando Reef Caretakers Association (ORCA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/21/2007, 07:35 AM
Premium Member

Angry Lost my job!

I am the latest victim of the mortgage industry meltdown. On Friday the company that I had been with for six years let me go as part of their latest downsizing. If anyone has any leads on where I can find some work, please let me know. I have years of professional management experience and am not necessarily looking to stay in the mortgage industry (assuming that there is one left).

Thanks,

Scott

PS You may be able to talk me into working for frags.
Old 10/21/2007, 08:12 AM
Patient Reefer

Scott,
I wish you the best of luck finding a new career.
I know the "mortgage industry meltdown" is not any fault of yours. I believe it's the result of extremely mismanaged greed, the kind of greed that comes back to consume people and business.
Old 10/21/2007, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

sory to hear.i'll keep my eyes open if anything.
Old 10/21/2007, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Sorry to hear that, Good luck and we'll let you know if anything pops up
Old 10/21/2007, 05:24 PM
I'll be here all week

Do you have a BA?
Old 10/21/2007, 07:11 PM
Premium Member

I have a friend that was a mortgage broker for 27 years. Two years ago he had to find a job. He went to work with Home Depot. To make a long story short, he got into some kind of management training and he worked his way up. Home Depot just transferred him to Jackson MS where he is the number two man and makes over 100K. JC
Old 10/21/2007, 10:34 PM
Registered Member

Best of Luck, the last 2 companies I worked for ended up shutting down. I finally let my broker's license expire and I'm working PT and heading into Nursing School.
Old 10/22/2007, 08:40 PM
Premium Member

best buys hiring.
Old 10/23/2007, 02:46 PM
President emeritus, ORCA

Quote:
Originally posted by jccash
I have a friend that was a mortgage broker for 27 years. Two years ago he had to find a job. He went to work with Home Depot. To make a long story short, he got into some kind of management training and he worked his way up. Home Depot just transferred him to Jackson MS where he is the number two man and makes over 100K. JC
I know for a fact that Home Depot's have a lot of extra cash right now...they are in the process of changing out every computer and every register at every store.
Old 10/23/2007, 03:14 PM
living life 2 the fullest

Quote:
Originally posted by cschweitzer
I know for a fact that Home Depot's have a lot of extra cash right now...they are in the process of changing out every computer and every register at every store.
And that makes them have a lot of money?

Actually home depot as a whole is hurting pretty bad. Lowes are the top ones out there right now. Just a heads up, not saying home depot is going to shut down or anything but they are hurting right now. Try out lowes possibly, or maybe go into SeaWorld and try and get a job there.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 10/23/2007, 04:29 PM
Nano Reefer

Lowes isn't doing any better than HD lately, actually they're both following the same real trends.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=HD&t...&z=m&q=l&c=low