Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > North Central Pennsylvania Aquarium Reef Society (NCPARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/28/2007, 06:04 PM
Reef Education 4 Schools

Top Hot Wings Places In PA..

Anybody knows of any place in PA that is specialized in wings only. I don't remember what was that place that was in the news for the superbowl and busy selling wings.
Old 07/28/2007, 07:18 PM
TOTM 2010

Wish I could help, but I normally get mine at a bar/restaraunt the beverly hills tavern in Sinking Spring PA. It's pretty much all outdoor with sand and a beach theme. I can let the kids run around while I drink beer and eat $0.25 wings on Monday. They've got great varieties too. Sorry I know this wasn't what you were looking for, but it's a bump for the best non-reef thread ever...
Old 07/28/2007, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

Hey Mo, I can make some killer hot wings...Next time your in the 'burgh....Jen
Old 07/28/2007, 10:28 PM
New Title

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/

I've never been there, but they claim "Best Wings in the USA". There's a bunch of locations in PA.

SereneReef
Old 07/29/2007, 06:19 AM
Registered Member

Monday nights at the Country Tavern in Middleburg, PA. Better get reservations though...they wont let you in between 5-9 unless you get lucky. Last time I was there, they had about 75 dufferent flavors of wings...and I'm talking flavors (peanut butter, nacho cheese, ranch, etc) Crazy place, with crazy low prices. I had the all you can eat wings (so did the wife) and 3 beers for $17.
Old 07/29/2007, 03:53 PM
Premium Member

Beverly Hills Tavern does have some awesome wings, Flanagan's Pub is another great place for wings
Old 07/31/2007, 01:07 PM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

Yeah Flanagan's Pub. Best wings in berks.
Old 08/02/2007, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Beverly hills tavern-----really cool place! the wings were cheap but really really tiny! i had to laugh when they brought them out.....would not go if your really in the mood for wings...or to purchase them for a party

i would second the quakerstate and lube...went to one near bloomsburg...pretty sweet place....can't go wrong purchasing a "oil tube" filled w/ your fav. beer as well.....you'll understand what i'm taking about if you buy one.....quite large.....

but my choice....if your around the lehigh valley...... The Sunset Restraunt (near route 100 and tilghman st)....try the sunset gold wing sauce (it's a sweet and hot sauce).........OR.....PJ Williaham's (not really sure on the spelling.....near route 309 and tilghman street).....my top two picks
Old 08/02/2007, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

bigfalcon36
ahh!!!! middleburg 2hrs away from me or i would check it out....sounds like a great place!!!
Old 08/02/2007, 08:07 PM
TOTM 2010

Quote:
Originally posted by somethingphishy
Beverly hills tavern-----really cool place! the wings were cheap but really really tiny! i had to laugh when they brought them out.....would not go if your really in the mood for wings...or to purchase them for a party

i would second the quakerstate and lube...went to one near bloomsburg...pretty sweet place....can't go wrong purchasing a "oil tube" filled w/ your fav. beer as well.....you'll understand what i'm taking about if you buy one.....quite large.....

but my choice....if your around the lehigh valley...... The Sunset Restraunt (near route 100 and tilghman st)....try the sunset gold wing sauce (it's a sweet and hot sauce).........OR.....PJ Williaham's (not really sure on the spelling.....near route 309 and tilghman street).....my top two picks

oooh I do like the sunset, they got pretty good wings!!!
Old 08/17/2007, 12:37 AM
Reef Education 4 Schools

Goldenboy - that sounds good and I have not heard of a place like that before. Will have to check it out next time I am in that area.

Janice12- Will take on that offer next time I am in your area .

bwest - that is a chain but I am looking for more of a private owned bars. They have good food though. Thanks

bigfalcone- that is a kind of place I am looking for. Will check it out tomorrow. I will be at our store in Susquehanna valley Mall early morning and after i do few paper works I will go to that place to check it out. Sounds good for lunch. Thanks

Mishap, where is that place at (city or town)

somethingphishy- I think I got an idea where that place is and will have check it out sometimes.

I just got back from Vegas today and had some good California Pizza that was so good at Mirage (I think or paradise island) and the place behind my house have those wood burning oven too but they can't get it that good. Making a plan to go to Vegas again this coming month and will find out what is called.
Old 08/17/2007, 05:35 PM
Premium Member

Flanagan's is in Shillington, on Lancaster ave.....41w Lancaster ave if I remember correctly.
Old 08/17/2007, 06:00 PM
Reef Education 4 Schools

I checked Country Tavern in Middleburg, PA today for lunch. Not a bad place and I like how they have ocean themes and decorations all over. Wings were really good and I had Carribean, and Texas spicy. I might try the wing night. I met the manager and told me that they will make sure we get in if I call ahead of time since we are driving from Williamsport. They have 49 different flavors in the menue but the lady who was serving our table told us that they have more. This place is about 12 miles from our Susquehanna Mall location. And about the place in the reading area I will have to check next time I am in that area. I am studdying a restaurant project and food and have untill March to put the menue together.

Last edited by zooqi; 08/17/2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08/19/2007, 10:50 AM
Brains are yummy!!

The bullfrog in Williamsport has really good juicy fat wings!!! MMMmmmmmmmm!!!
Old 08/20/2007, 09:05 AM
Reef Education 4 Schools

Yes they do have good wings and Thursday is the wing night there.
Old 08/26/2007, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

wings

I know of a good place called eli's house of wings. Me and mo ate there several times before. Its all the way in erie pa. They have many flavors and are always excellent. You need to come back to erie so we can go out and have some beer and wings,havent seen you in long time.
mix reef
Old 08/26/2007, 08:24 AM
Reef Education 4 Schools

what's up my dear friend. That place rocks and they have best wings in Erie. Is a small bar in downstairs of an old house. Good wings and that's where I got my idea for a new restauraurant sometimes next spring (planning in process). Clarkyclown: tell family I said hello and will know early this week when I am coming to erie. It will be sometimes this coming month.
Old 08/26/2007, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bwest
http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/

I've never been there, but they claim "Best Wings in the USA". There's a bunch of locations in PA.
There wings aren't bad and they have a ton of different flavors. But being from Buffalo,NY I would hardly say their claim of Best in the USA is correct.
Old 08/26/2007, 10:31 AM
Reef Education 4 Schools

Is there a place in Buffalo that is known for many flavor wings or know in the area other than quaker steak. Will be in that area soon.
Old 08/26/2007, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

corals

Hey do you have any efflo frags?We have a club here and maybe i can set up some coral sales to help pay for your trip here.Give me a call if your still into corals.Tank looks really well and i have a complete korralin reactor setup for sale if you know anyone who wants to buy it.If anyone is looking for one in th ncpars group.

hope to see you soon
Jamie
mix reef
Old 08/26/2007, 04:06 PM
Reef Education 4 Schools

I do have efflo frag here and there and got tons of coral frags too. Will let you know when I am heading that way. This time I am coming for a business. I will let you know if anybody is looking for any reactors.
Old 09/20/2007, 10:50 PM
Registered Member

Had to bump this up, none of the Reading people mentioned The California Bar. Even though the same guy owns it that owns the Beverly Hills they seem better at the CB&G. It sucks though since the price went to .25 per wing. Jack Danials flavor is great.

What night is Flanagins and how much?
Old 09/20/2007, 11:18 PM
Reef Education 4 Schools

hah, Reading area .. I was in the area a week ago. Will plan that trip sometimes in a week or two. Thanks ODOG .
Old 09/21/2007, 01:24 AM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ODOG

What night is Flanagins and how much?
Flannys wing nights are Sunday through Thursday. The wings are 5 times the size of Californias. They are $3.95 a doz. They are huge though.
Old 09/21/2007, 07:16 PM
Premium Member

Next time you're in the area lemme know, I'm always down for wing night