Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/24/2007, 01:32 PM
Yep, that's our sailfin!

Quote:
Originally posted by |233F gee|<
... You don't need to post disparaging remarks to say you disagree!
Why Not? You said it here, yourself:

Quote:
Originally posted by |233F gee|<
This is a free forum and thankfully we're all allowed to voice our opinions here. You have yours and I have mine.

90g SPS Reef
our myReef is currently offline

Old 12/24/2007, 01:36 PM
Yep, that's our sailfin!

Quote:
I didn't post this thread to bash Marine Depot, I posted this thread to point out something Steve at Marine Depot acknowledged, their website is misleading and not respresentative of their livestock.
Quote:
I came on here and simply stated their policies suck
Quote:
WOW WHAT A GREAT COMPANY!
All sounds like bashing to me.

90g SPS Reef

Old 12/24/2007, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

Not to bash anyone here. I've used them and had good service. Sometimes things get a little more difficult this time of year with all the shipping going on. Trying to make everyone happy can't be done.
easygoer2
Old 12/24/2007, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

Awesome read ; )
Old 12/24/2007, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

If this guy wants excellent customer service, maybe he should shop at Wal-Mart. Then he can start asking Wal-Mart to carry saltwater fish and products.
Port Aransas, TX
Old 12/25/2007, 12:42 PM
Moved On

wow

well I'll tell you what, you guys keep bending over and enjoying it. When someone spits on me I don't smile and say that it's raining, so this is obviously full of responses from people in the retail end of the business, because having spoken to quite a few other fellow reefers they all agreed with me in that this was a lame response. I really think the opinions being expressed here is biased towards retailers. Oh well. this is obviously not a true forum for people expressing their problems with a company if your all so vihamently defending a company, who took my money, never shipped S&**!! and still hasn't refunded me my money. I guess no wonder why WAL MART is a billion dollar a year company, oh that's right they do provide good service. So although I don't shop at WALL MART, as it's not my cup of tea, but I can admire good customer service and response. Just because its live fish or corals doesn't mean you treat your customers like morons.

Easygoer2, agreed I know its the worst time to receive live goods, but this order was placed on Wednesday the 19th, so it shouldn't have been too bad, but all I was asking for was on the Thursday when I spoke to Steve was a heads up like " oh hey man we don't have what your looking for in stock, so we wont take your cash and or we can ship a partial order or ship next week," but in fact all I got was a 10pm email Thursday night prior to the 10am delivery of friday morning. Still no refunded cash and thats on today Xmas, nothing, and some lame excuse way after business hours the morning prior to its arrival. Thats just bs plain and simple.

sincerely,
David V.
Old 12/25/2007, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

i used to work for an internet/phone based business and i learned quickly that some people are unhappy and want everyone else to be unhappy as well. you just have to ignore them and they will go away and bother someone else because they will never learn that people will help you if youre nice. so, just let it go.
Old 12/25/2007, 05:56 PM
Premium Member

David, just one question. 10 PM east coast or west coast time? Just curious.

Thanks,
Old 12/25/2007, 11:34 PM
Moved On

wow

Quote:
you just have to ignore them and they will go away and bother someone else because they will never learn that people will help you if youre nice. so, just let it go.

I guess placing an order for 400 dollars worth of merchandise of pre shipping costs and mind you it would have been one of many orders to come, is wholly unreasonable of me to ask for prompt service.

I guess out of your whopping 4 posts this thread caught your eye, and your telling me you don't work with Marine Depot? Ok ya I believe that one.

anyways the only people reading this thread are vendors and maybe 1 or 2 people who have had positive experiences with Marine Depot, sadly I haven't, and what I asked for isn't unreasonable.

Tonga_man, 10pm west coast time. I received the email in the wee hours of the morning. Like I said previously, their email did me a world of good the night prior after business hours.

David V.
Old 12/26/2007, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

It's a delusion to think all transactions will go perfectly. There is nothing to be done now but move on to some other company who you feel will meet your needs. Instead of expressing your dismay on a public forum where people will pick you to pieces you need to say to yourself: May I take defeat upon myself. And offer them the victory." Then you will no longer be stressed out. It's done. Don't keep your blood pressure up for nothing. There are plenty of sponsors here to give a try.
May everyone have equanimity, free from hatred and attachment.
Old 12/26/2007, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

i have had back order trouble there to.i just got what i could and canceled the back order.they were nice about it, but some times when you want somethings you just dont want to wait when you pay before you get what you buy.i do not use them any more i try to buy local first .on the other hand i have had some great exp. with (phishy business)&(dr mack)also reeftopia so there are some good people out there

Last edited by stargazer=2; 12/26/2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12/26/2007, 10:47 AM
Moved On

FunkieReefJunkie

Hey again thanks for the response man, and your right in many ways. I'm calm, I know postings can sound harsh but I'm not stressed I handled the problem when it happened, right now I'm just venting about the service I got from Marine Depot. As a fornote, I got screwed by another company right before ordering from Marine Depot, and I told Steve about this., and although the other company made an honest mistake, it was still dissapointing, so I was already in a skecthy mood about ordering items, and as Murphy's laws have it it happened again.
I apologize for not stating, but I have already ordered somewhere else and I'm very very happy so far, but a public forum is where I can and decided to express how I feel. I wanted to come here to tell people what I experienced so they can decided for themselves if my story was helpful or not, what's disturbing is the majority of the responses have been from retailer and vendors in this business and not hobbyist ( customers) whom I truly wanted to hear from

Stargazer, I agree man I just wish I had been given that opportunity to just get some of the items, they didn't give me that chance. Oh well, there is a really good company out there called Aquacon, I really enjoy their service so far, going to be giving them a buzz today perhaps for more items on my list. Thanks for the response man, nice to hear from a fellow hobbyist.

sincerely,
David V.

Last edited by |233F gee|<; 12/26/2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12/26/2007, 11:14 AM
que sais-je

do yourself a huge favor and search Aquacon.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...hlight=aquacon

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...hlight=aquacon
Old 12/26/2007, 11:16 AM
Premium Member

Uh make sure you do a search on aquacon here first.....
Old 12/26/2007, 11:19 AM
Yep, that's our sailfin!

Jay4Robin and I are both hobbyists that have contributed plenty to this forum. I don't see the evidence to support your claim that the majority posting here are vendors and retailers.

90g SPS Reef

Old 12/26/2007, 11:20 AM
Moved On

Well the links you posted nothing really showed up, I appreciate the help. I dont have a problem as of yet, but I am super skeptical as it is, so we'll see I guess. They seem like good guys so far.

cheers
David V.
Old 12/26/2007, 11:23 AM
Yep, that's our sailfin!

I think the problem with you, |233F gee|<, is that you are extremely close-minded and refuse to listen to anything else anyone has to say. People are no longer arguing with you and are genuinely trying to give you some helpful advice and you belittle them. You are out of line.

90g SPS Reef

Old 12/26/2007, 11:26 AM
Moved On

Quote:
I think the problem with you, |233F gee|<, is that you are extremely close-minded and refuse to listen to anything else anyone has to say. People are no longer arguing with you and are genuinely trying to give you some helpful advice and you belittle them. You are out of line

your making no sense whatsoever, what should I be listening to? Your opinions on how I am crazy? Or should I be listening to your disparging remarks? What's the advice? Just bend over? Bite the bullet? Your not giving me any advice, and anyone offering anything sincere and nice I have responded to in kind, I just wish youd crawl back under your rock, as your responses are nasty, negative and without provocation. So please take your negativity elsewhere, I was posting my experience.

sincerely,
david v.
Old 12/26/2007, 11:31 AM
Yep, that's our sailfin!

I am negative? Get real. You came here wielding negative remarks and continued down the first and second page of the thread with them. Then someone posts links to help you and you give them a response of:
Quote:
Well the links you posted nothing really showed up, I appreciate the help.
If that is a "kind response" then I must be delirious. Since you cannot understand my previous comments and refuse to see the advice given in them, I will do my best to sum them all up into a few simple sentences. I believe that your expectations were/are set too high and that during a busy holiday time they did everything they should and could have done.

90g SPS Reef

Old 12/26/2007, 11:35 AM
Moved On

Quote:
If that is a "kind response" then I must be delirious. Since you cannot understand my previous comments and refuse to see the advice given in them, I will do my best to sum them all up into a few simple sentences. I believe that your expectations were/are set too high and that during a busy holiday time they did everything they should and could have done.
What is your major malfunction man? I was being very sincere and nice and stated that the link didn't work. Something is horribly wrong with you man!

I was weidling negative remarks? I was saying the company ( NOT YOU) did a very poor job in customer service. So unless your workign for Marine Depot, that was my experience and doesn't effect you personally, albeit your taking it like an insult to your mother. So get off your high horse!

BTW your name is very appropo "Conceyted."

sincerely,
david v.
Old 12/26/2007, 11:39 AM
Yep, that's our sailfin!

To me, I read the response to be sarcastic. There is a lot lost in translation over the internet. I apologize if you were, in fact, being sincere to the person trying to help you above. The tone you set at the beginning of the thread was not one of gratitude and appreciation, so for you to be so happy and thankful now was a surprise to me.

90g SPS Reef

Old 12/26/2007, 11:45 AM
Moved On

Quote:
The tone you set at the beginning of the thread was not one of gratitude and appreciation, so for you to be so happy and thankful now was a surprise to me.
Seriously man, what in the heck would posess you to think the tone of this thread would have been grattitude and appreciation, when I was complaing of getting screwed over by a company I dealt with, secondly, the next remarks made on here was that I was crazy for complaining. I really don't get that kind of rationale at all. Im not looking for enemies. Yes much is lost online. I try very hard not to use sarcasm online just for that reason alone. Let's agree to disagree about Marine Depot.

thanks
David V.
Old 12/26/2007, 11:49 AM
Yep, that's our sailfin!

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11458155#post11458155 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by |233F gee|<
Yes much is lost online. I try very hard not to use sarcasm online just for that reason alone. Let's agree to disagree about Marine Depot.

thanks
David V.
That's the most sense you've made yet. Consider it done.

90g SPS Reef

Old 12/26/2007, 11:57 AM
Moved On

Ha! Ok sure thing.
Old 12/26/2007, 12:06 PM
Premium Member

Re: wow

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11456640#post11456640 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by |233F gee|<
I guess out of your whopping 4 posts this thread caught your eye, and your telling me you don't work with Marine Depot? Ok ya I believe that one.
David, I was trying to believe your side of things while reading this until I saw the light when I read your post with the quote I included. Now I see you're an idiot that really shouldn't deal with the general population. If the number of posts of a person matters, you should be licking between Conceyted's toes with his whopping 1200+ posts. What fairy tale land do you live in where everything works perfectly every day? I don't work for Marine Depot, though I'm sure that's the next comment from you. I'll give you my work number, go ahead and call me. I guarantee you it will be a military installation...