Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/04/2007, 01:24 PM
Premium Member

Who wants to make a few extra bucks?

Come by my house and adjust my calcium reactor, effluent PH says 6.5, Tank PH says 8.1, calcium in the tank last week was 380, in the reactor was 400, now it's 320 in the tank and 340 in the reactor-What the h*ll. I can't get my Mag over 1100 even with tech M, all perams are good otherwise. My tank and denitrator are showing zero, alk is about 3.8, zero on phosphates. If someone wouldlike to come over sometime and help me figure this thing out I will pay you for your time.

I live in belmont, top of the hill between Hwys. 92/280.

Thanks.

I'm leaving for work now so if anyone wants a job PM me and I'll check back with you later.
Old 12/04/2007, 01:39 PM
Lap San

first of all,u need to open up the effluent more,your ph will climb from 6.7,which need more bubble from the co2 to bring the reactor ph back down to 6.7.try that.if that doesn't work.pm me with your phone and the best time to call.don't worry it's free.i love to help a fellow reefers.

lapsan
Old 12/04/2007, 06:17 PM
Moved On

I think his specific request is can someone come by to his home and help him retune his system and possibly educated him at the same time. He's not looking for advice online or by phone.
Old 12/04/2007, 06:23 PM
Premium Member

While you are at it and in the area Lap you can come help me with mine too
Old 12/04/2007, 06:34 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

Well since theres a line going here... LAP can you help me out too once I get my RK2 in and finally set up my 37.. I need help on how to set it up to my Bermuda aquatics Cal. reactor

" Charles V "
Old 12/04/2007, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

hahaha, help me set up my schuran too. jk
Old 12/04/2007, 10:29 PM
Premium Member

i need my lawn mowed, and if you have time, it needs to be edged too. thanks Lap
Old 12/04/2007, 10:40 PM
Registered Member

Lap, I work in Belmont. can you swing by and setup my Nano?
Old 12/05/2007, 01:57 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jkreefer
i need my lawn mowed, and if you have time, it needs to be edged too. thanks Lap

Elos 70 (30"x22.5"x20)

Semi-Cube (36"36"x24" old setup)

DIY Stand Build Thread
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1207997
Old 12/05/2007, 04:18 AM
Moved On

Did I miss out on some FREE services?
Old 12/05/2007, 08:15 AM
Lap San

Quote:
I think his specific request is can someone come by to his home and help him retune his system and possibly educated him at the same time. He's not looking for advice online or by phone.
i understanding that.what wrong by giving advice over the phone? ,the best education is from a hobbyist NOT from someone who try to Push a product without a full reef tank to show for in th first place,U know who are.

lapsan
Old 12/06/2007, 01:14 PM
Moved On

Hey lapspan,

Did I hit a bad note with you? From corals b 4 bills post, he seems very frustrated with dealing with adjusting his CaRx for awhile now and I think everyone has been in that place at some time or another and wished someone could come by to help out and between the lines, I read, to also educate him. I know that you're probably an expert with fine adjustments on a CaRX system. But sometimes, it doesn't help when talking to someone over phone, especially when they have a very heavy foreign accent, which has already happen to me once already with someone from Israel trying to help me with an equipment adjustment situation. This was the only reason why I refocus the thread back to his needs, which was to have someone willing to come by. I know that most members wouldn't even think of charging, so it seems his plead was very clear... anyone nearby can help me that understands CaRx well.

Off the subject, I never said anything about your other post directed at what you feel you need to mention again. I am so surprised that you posted what you did without knowing who I am. But even more surprising was that you know who klam is, as you've have transactions with him. I thought your comment to him was uncalled for and don't know what your grudge is. Sorry, to go off tangent with this post, I will unsubscribe now.

Last edited by Lumamae; 12/06/2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12/06/2007, 01:23 PM
Premium Member

Dang Lap.... I didn't even say anything this time. Just SIMMER down now.... Simmer down....
Old 12/06/2007, 01:29 PM
High Plains Drifter

Quote:
Originally posted by orientalexpress
the best education is from a hobbyist NOT from someone who try to Push a product without a full reef tank to show for in th first place,U know who are.

lapsan
I know its none of my business, but it seems that there are 3-4 RC members in the bay area with definite ties to a BA vendor, that often use this forum for making money. They all seem to promote the business of this certain BA vendor's products and services.

It gets old....
Old 12/06/2007, 01:51 PM
Moved On

Hello JD, your post came in as I was still editing my post. This is why I've been quiet for awhile. It seem my zealousness actually did more damage than good for an excellent BA vendor.

There is more than just a few locally that think they're the greatest, quite a few nationwide feel the same way with several on the East Coast. With that said, I have unsubscribed as we are off track and I shouldn't add to this any longer.
Old 12/06/2007, 03:08 PM
Member Registered

Give me a call and I will see if I can help out. I'll PM you my #.