Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/24/2007, 12:14 AM
Registered Member

anyone have small sheets of black acrylic or 32w retros fs?

hey guys! long time no see! Im starting up a nano now that i sold of my 30 and moved and settled and im looking to make a false wall in my tank...does anyone have small sheets of this stuff layin around? I just need it to be like 12x12 or maybe a little bigger for scraps or whatever...anyway if anyone has this or a 32w retro or 2 let me know.

Thanks a ton
Old 02/24/2007, 01:15 AM
Registered Member

32w

Ive had a hard time finding 32watt pc bulbs.Where do you get them? O st use to sell them for $15 and catolina had them cheap too but they are both out of stock and said they may not get them any more. capital has them but wants $40 ea.
Richard
Old 02/24/2007, 01:21 AM
never an expert

I think I should have the black acrylic let me check in the AM and if I do it is yours.

John

I never want to be an expert, I just want to know all the stuff they know. Then I can decide for myself if it is valid information.
Old 02/24/2007, 01:34 AM
Registered Member

John that sounds awesome, thanks alot. Ray, ive always bought them online. the 28w bulbs tend to be interchangable also.
Old 02/24/2007, 01:57 AM
Premium Member

how small are you looking for on the black acrylic? I have some if john doesn't...

let me know if you need any
Old 02/24/2007, 02:03 AM
Registered Member

oh and if anyone has 28 or 36 watt retros id be interested also. basically anything around 15 inches or so. id like to get 2 or 3 of em.

pali, i think i need it to be at least 10 x10 or so, im making a falso wall ina 5.5 gallon viewable by 3 sides
Old 02/24/2007, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

slo:
i might be selling mine off of my nc24. i got my 150mh coming in so let me know if your interested. i just got the bulbs about 1 month ago as well from nanocustoms. they are 50/50. i do have 2*18watt for sell right now as well. they are retro as well, 1 is actinic and 1 is day light.
Old 02/24/2007, 09:02 PM
never an expert

What I have a not true acrylic, but a softer plastic material. it is a bit less than a 1/4 inch and rough on one side. If you would like a chunk let me know how big you need it and I can cut it to size.

John

I never want to be an expert, I just want to know all the stuff they know. Then I can decide for myself if it is valid information.
Old 02/25/2007, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

eric- i've got some scraps from when i made baffles for my sump. most are around 12x12-- if all else fails, hit up tap plastics-- i only wanted a few sheets for my sump and i got the scraps for free.