Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 12/08/2007, 01:59 PM
RC Staff

This thread was automatically split due to performance issues. You can find the rest of the thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...0#post11342130
Old 12/08/2007, 01:59 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 12/08/2007, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

ok, i'm ok. i just read every note and every card gary ever left me. he always told me he would love me till the day he died and HE DID! he really, really did!
Old 12/08/2007, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Of course he did! What's not to love?

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 12/08/2007, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crp
Of course he did! What's not to love?
well, sometimes i smell like wet horse.
Old 12/08/2007, 02:38 PM
On "The List"

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina51
not that there's anything wrong with that

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy
Old 12/08/2007, 02:40 PM
Team RC Member

It's a complex and interesting bou-quet. Compounded with, likely, eau d'muddy corgi.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.
Old 12/08/2007, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

Hey neener, just checking in to say hi. I'm sick with worry over Ben, he's had a problem with his leg and now he refuses to put any weight on it and he threw up today. Our vet has said that this is common in small breed dogs, Rick REFUSES to talk about it, I think because he's scared, but I'm getting really worried. I trust your judgement, should I push it? Rick seems to think if he ignores things they will go away, wish I could do that.
Old 12/08/2007, 03:39 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
ok, i'm ok. i just read every note and every card gary ever left me. he always told me he would love me till the day he died and HE DID! he really, really did!
Seems like that might make a nice scrapbook project at some point
Old 12/08/2007, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
*Whistle Blows*

"Oversharing. Abusing the Reader. Penalty, 15 yards."

Stop eating White Castle, and that will probably go away...

JME....

Nick

Last edited by maxxII; 12/08/2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12/08/2007, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by maxxII
*Whistle Blows*

"Oversharing. Abusing the Reader. Penalty, 15 yards."

Stop eating White Castle, and that will probably go away...

JME....

Nick
i don't eat white castle. i use 'em for door stops.
Old 12/08/2007, 11:21 PM
Registered Member

Wanted to pop in to say Hi Nina . Hope that your heart is getting lighter every day.
I do want to say something however.
It is just my opinion, having gone through loosing my spouse.
I threw away a lot of things that I regretted later on and wish I had not done so.
The memories were so hard when I looked at them so soon after my loss and I thought it best to get rid of those memories.
What I wouldn't give to have all of those things back to pass on to the kids and grandkids.
So please, if something makes you burst into tears, just toss it into a box and put it under the bed , out of site.
Later on, when you are feeling less stressed, lonesome and feel like things are getting better , these things will be a comfort to you.
I am sending you much love and know that I think of you every day and know the pain you are still feeling and will for a while yet.
It stays raw for a long time, but it will ease and you will be able to look back on this time and know that you came through it all with the spirit of your beloved Gary helping you through it all.
Your little gheco .
Old 12/09/2007, 07:22 AM
VILP

Here I am again, reading the latest updates to this thread and wondering why I keep getting drawn back to it - considering how much I've cried...but then I remember that I've also laughed and been amazed too - at the outpouring of warmth through cyberspace. I haven't posted...just have quietly sent out my prayers and warm thoughts.

I guess I am posting now Nina because, for what little good it does for you, I realize that what draws me back to this thread is that I care. The courage you've shown by sharing your story, your hopes, your sorrows and everything in between has made me care about you and Gary. You've touched my heart, reminded me to cherish my own husband and loved ones just a little more and to treasure each moment together. Thank you for that.

Gary sounds like an amazing man who has left behind a lasting legacy of love that sets a wonderful example to all that knew him or read this thread. Though I haven't met you, and perhaps never will, YOU sound like an equally amazing woman that will eventually pass through your current sorrow - at your own pace and will move on to a bright tomorrow full of memories that focus only on the very best of your past with Gary.

Cheri
Old 12/09/2007, 03:47 PM
That's Mind Bottling !

NINA........I have your picture CD made and it will go in the mail Monday morning !!!

I look at her with my head tilted to the side and in a soft voice I just say; You're so pretty !
Old 12/09/2007, 07:35 PM
Simply Complicated

Quote:
Add me to the list and I'm guessing you'll need a longer piece of paper if you are taking name from the lounge.

Love to you Nina and he still love you, it will never stop.
Old 12/09/2007, 09:04 PM
I Like Toast...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aliie
Add me to the list and I'm guessing you'll need a longer piece of paper if you are taking name from the lounge.

Love to you Nina and he still love you, it will never stop.
We ALL love you Nina!

I USED to make fun of my wife for making "internet friends" but since I got to know you (and Gary) I have not mentioned it to her since.

It is kind of a new experience to feel this deeply for someone you have never actually met, but, there it is! I feel like I have lost a very close friend and will keep you both in my heart forever!

Stay strong and know that we are all here for you!

XOXO

Tom

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to KEEP fish and his family will soon be eating Ramen Noodles..."
Old 12/10/2007, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

You had to love a man that didn't mind wet horse smell. Sendiing some good thoughts your way today!

Tony
Old 12/10/2007, 03:21 PM
2/08 HB first show

Hi nina, I was just thinking about you and wanted to say hi.

A person can solve a lot of problems by FIRST using a QT tank.. QT all new fish.
Old 12/10/2007, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

my little gheco i have done exactly what you suggest. i have come across many little things that belonged to gary...lots of little hand-held games that he kept in his bathroom and his chess set that he never played and his shower radio that was the only thing in this house that we could get a local weather forecast on...lots and lots of little things like that. i have put them all in a box and stashed them under the bed, all except for that poker game i gave to his brother. i just seems like those things keep him closer to me.

cheri, gary truly was an amazing man. he was so kind-hearted, so loving, so everything! you could not help but smile when he was in the room. he is everywhere here and although i am still so sad, i have to smile at my memories. there are so many and every single one is a happy one except for the time of his illness and death.

tom, thank you.

tony,

HI HATTIE!

we just got our power back after this wicked ice storm left me in the dark for 40+ hours. i have some catching up to do! xoxo

Last edited by Nina51; 12/10/2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12/10/2007, 09:47 PM
I Like Toast...

MAN! 1 little ice storm and you've got the cops out looking for you!

Glad you're OK. Stay warm and dry!

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to KEEP fish and his family will soon be eating Ramen Noodles..."
Old 12/10/2007, 10:40 PM
All will be well.

Hi Nina! Hope the troughs didn't freeze too much!
Old 12/10/2007, 10:40 PM
Fish nerd

Nina, you're in my thoughts. I can't believe that I missed the news until this evening (it's been hectic, sorry...) but I've been thinking of you and Gary.

Take good care of yourself,

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
-George Eliot
Old 12/10/2007, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

tony,

whaaat?

Old 12/10/2007, 11:22 PM
Registered Member

Hi ya Nina, so happy you are keeping the little things. You will be happy that you did.
I see you are back on line. How long was your power out and did that officer come to the rescue?
I am behind on reading the updates so hope you have the elect back and all is well and your warm again.
I bought a small little generator just for my tanks. It holds a half gallon of gas and easy to lift just in case we loose power.
We were expecting the same storm, but it stayed to the north of us and we only had a few drops of rain today is all.
Where hoping for more but no such luck.
Anyway. Glad you are ok.
I have looked at the threads of the winter storms and pics, wow. Very scary and hope no one is hurt by falling trees.
Take care now and know that I think of you often through out the day.
The little green gheco.
Old 12/11/2007, 12:34 AM
Registered Member

HEY! glad to see ya back online Nina hope you and yer zoo are okay!