Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs

Old 01/07/2008, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Ugh. Seems like you're set in your ways. I think you'll get no love here though, only flames. Good luck to you and your fish.

Hofstadter's Law -
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
Old 01/07/2008, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

this guy is obviously playing w/ u guys XD why even waste time w/ him when u can answer my question on my post? haha
Old 01/07/2008, 11:21 AM
Premium Member

all those fish in such a small space? wowsa, it's like a nano prison. FREE THE FISHIES PLEASE!
Old 01/07/2008, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mahalamata
hi,
i think everyone here is abit shocked at how many fish are in your little tank,hence the replies...I know I have made mistakes in the past,but you really need to research the fish you want/like before you buy them!I like www.liveaquaria.com to check the needs of the fish I want.For example here are links to two of the fish you have in there:

Powder Brown Tanghttp://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=367

and the FoxFace
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...pcatid=687&N=0

I agree with you that both are very beautiful fish but consider that between them they grow to roughly 20 inches(round about 40cm,together)
You should really consider the fact that your tank is too small for such large fish!Perhaps they have lived in your tank for 4 months but large fish sometimes take a long time to succumb to death...These particular fish need ALOT of space to swim and be happy and healthy.
As for the damsels they are very aggressive and on the whole do not do well with each other or many other fish for that matter,unless you have a large tank(maybe 55g or larger)
As for the clam generally they require alot of light and feeding to keep them alive.If you are going to install lights soon then fine but otherwise you might want to think about it!check this site out,lots of good info on clams

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ca/volume...otTridacna.htm

I don't know what your experience with marine tanks is, but all i can advice you is read,read,read.The more you research and find out the better you're tank will do and the more fulfillment you will receive from this hobby
How often do you do water changes?what are the parameters in your tank?all these can be helpful if you require some guidance or opinions on your setup!
I also noted that you do not have a heater.do you live in a hot country?i come from Greece and in the summer not only do i NOT need a heater i need a chiller LOL.Most if not all marine life require warm water to live in,anything around 25c is great but any lower than 24c is dangerous.
I am sure you are trying to set something beautiful up and trying to enjoy this hobby as much as everyone else here!I am just worries that you don't have all the info on the organisms you are keeping and you could end up with a tank full of dead fish,and i believe you do not want that!So please take everything i have said a friendly advice and suggestions.
I am not here to grill you for any mistakes you might have made but to offer advice from my own experiences...if you want it.
thank you for your link! I'll go to glance them.

I have raised marine fish more than 7 years.I had raised low density fish at beggin. but I found some different way to raise marine fish.and I also found sometime fish are not so aggressive,no harm for each other.( just like my 3 desmals ,they live in one tank sevral months.)
Old 01/07/2008, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thin crust
all those fish in such a small space? wowsa, it's like a nano prison. FREE THE FISHIES PLEASE!
if you look on a tank as a fish prison. the only difference between large tank and small tank is the different size of prison room.

you should first return your fish into nature sea,if you really wanted to get them free.

( I guess maybe you like more to contain them in your beautiful prison than to get them free)
Old 01/07/2008, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

Hello, my name fish.nemo I keep big tang in small tank. Everyperson tell me no do this, but me so stupid.

I not listen to you. Ha Ha, I keep big fish anyway.
They not die 4 months, I keep wait until they do.

Next I keep baby whale in bath tub, he no too big, he like it.
Old 01/07/2008, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mahalamata
as a note:
hatfielj:
i agree and disagree with you man!the dude is trying to make something and going about it in a very wrong way IMO. Should we not try,as responsible reefers, to guide him and support him in creating a healthy and beautiful tank?
But surely if we call him names and grill him he just wont come back and carry on doing what he is doing....
Normally I would agree with you whole heartedly. However, in this situation we have someone who is not being open minded at all. He simply wants us to accept his ideas without argument. He is in no way willing to listen to reason and take the advice of other more experienced and responsible reefers. Oh well, luckily there aren't too many people in the world like him.
By the way, here's a link to his thread over at nano-reef Its pretty funny actually how steadfast he is in doing things his way. He must not have many friends in real life. Enjoy!
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/inde...owtopic=133231

Last edited by hatfielj; 01/07/2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01/07/2008, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

I have to give him some credit. He managed to start one of the funniest threads I've ever read. Here's my favorite quote from it:
"Here is my proud new addition! I caught him off thr reef, it took a while cuz i had to fight off his mother. So far so good! He is acclimating well and I only have to do 100% water changes every hour! I do have to reinforce my canopy because he tends to jump out. I think he just wants lots of hugs."
Old 01/07/2008, 03:02 PM
Reef Ready

Quote:
Originally posted by hatfielj
Hello, my name fish.nemo I keep big tang in small tank. Everyperson tell me no do this, but me so stupid.

Next I keep baby whale in bath tub, he no too big, he like it.
This is hilarious hatfielj
Old 01/07/2008, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

I am honestly speechless. I dont even know what to say to you, this has to be one of the dumbest things I have EVER seen, and thats saying a lot. Keeping those fish in that small of a tank is just down right a dick move. Your not even using a light???!?!?! And you have a clam?!?! wow... i dont even know what to say!!
Old 01/07/2008, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Guys this guy wants attention he has obviously been exiled ( I doubt he knows what that word means) from forum site to forum site. He has no life and no friends and decides that when people freak out about animal cruelty it's a way for him to get noticed. All of you who kindly thought he may just need help with sizes I am sorry, but he has been warned in other forums and is an idiot. He has caveman talk and probably thinks clown fish are called "nemos" so please let him go on with his pointless
attention. I just hope we don't see a youtube video of a shemale under a blanket crying " Let Fish.Nemo Alone, Let Fish.Nemo Alone"
Old 01/07/2008, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

I know for a fact that there are way to many big fish in that tank. If all of them were a half and inch they would be ok. But some of you sink to such a low to cause a damn flame. hatfielj honestly I dont think anybody has a right to belittle others as you have done.

"Hello, my name fish.nemo I keep big tang in small tank. Everyperson tell me no do this, but me so stupid.

Next I keep baby whale in bath tub, he no too big, he like it."

That is ridiculous I am sorry for raining on your parade but that disgusts me!
Fish.Nemo you should not have that many fish or that big of fish in a 15 gallon tank even if they do suvive four months.And even if you have raised fish for 7 years you should know better than to keep fish like that in a 15 gallon.
Old 01/07/2008, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

I guess every community has a one of these, Reef Central's Hobbyist Community has found their Village Idiot, Fish.Nemo!
Old 01/07/2008, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

aahah this is to funny. fish.nemo, 4 months isnt a long time. it apparently just takes longer than 4 months for a tang to die.
Old 01/07/2008, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

nanO352: I respect your views, but he was obviously asking for it. When someone is doing something that stupid and refuses to listen to sound advice, they deserves a little flaming.
Old 01/07/2008, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

You make sense and i understand what your saying I just think you took it alittle to far. But good job on the flaming I dont think i could have thought of that.
Old 01/07/2008, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

What, you guys have never met a troll? If I get bored and troll on aquariacentral.com, I use the same kind of bad english. And if he isn't a troll, then it's just sad. It's also sad that ya'll were so quick to abuse. No one will ever learn if you yell at them. It does seem that he refuses to learn however, so, the time for flaming perhaps is upon us...
Old 01/07/2008, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

I think he's keeping them to eat. Must be tired of goldfish. lol
Old 01/07/2008, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

well he hasnt learned yet in 7 years of keeping fish, so i doubt he is going to

that tang is going to get huge, bring it back to the store or whereever you got it, also bring the foxface back

why would you do this, just bring them back and keep a few small damsels
Old 01/07/2008, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

ok hes obviously just wanna stir up the forums here >.> why are you guys wasting time replying to this. why not just let it die out already. id rather read better threads on page 1 than this lame long joke
Old 01/07/2008, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Can we have an RC mod Delete this Thread, Lock it , get rid of Fish nemo or something, this has simply become a fire that will never be extinguished..

better yet, move Fish-Nemo into an elevator for the rest of his life....
40lbs LR
Hydor Koriala 2
Maxi Jet 900 Pump Replacement

Click the Red House to see my tank
Old 01/07/2008, 09:21 PM
RC Mod

Different cultures have different standards, lets leave it at that.