Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/18/2007, 07:51 PM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Sfiligoi 2x400W + 4x54W for sale, Phoenix/So Cal

Well I'm actually in Phoenix but I'm headed to LA/OC next week so I could possibly deliver this unit.

48" Sfiligoi Infinity - 2x400W Magnetic Ballast + 4x54W T5 pendant for sale. I got this from Reefgeek probably six months ago. It has a few blemishes which aren't noticable when suspended, and do not affect operation. When I first got it - it was blowing fuses, so AO and Sfiligoi (Alessandro, who is VERY nice and helpful in Italy) sent me a few batches of fuses - they continued to blow - so Will at AO sent me a brand new dual fuse ballast box. Turned out the load was just too much for one fuse. Since I received the new ballast box, I have had zero problems - it has worked flawlessly. They seem to stand behind their product.

Anyway - I wanted more T5 so I ended up getting a pendant with six T5's. So this is up for sale. The reflectors are huge, the spread is amazing. One other nice feature is you can convert this to a 2x250W fixture by simply moving a few wires in the pendant itself. Kinda cool if you feel like 400W is too much.

Included are two Radiums - which burn very cool blue with the magnetic ballasts, and I'm also including two brand new Sfiligoi 14K bulbs, also a nice cool blue. The Radiums have been running for maybe 3 months, the Sfiligoi bulbs only 1 day.

When the magnetic ballasts start up, its kinda loud. It just kinda rumbles for a few seconds and then goes away. Also, I bypassed the European T5 ballasts to run a US T5 dimmable ballast. But I'm keeping the dimmable ballast. I can order you a standard 4x54W ballast and have it shipped to your home, or if you have one or want to buy dimmables (Proline, available at Aquarium Specialty) - I'll take $50 off the price. The wires are still in the endcaps so all you have to do is follow the wiring diagram on whatever ballast you choose.

Below are lots of pix - you can see the slight bend. I don't think its really noticable when its hung unless you're looking for it. It doesn't affect the pendant whatsoever. There are several RC members running the Sfiligoi Infinity - although ballast combos vary. Naka, Fatboy, mshur, hawaiianwargod and others - check out their build threads to see what it looks like over a tank.

Oh there are a couple slight bends in the T5 reflector. Can easily be bent back but it didn't affect anything so I never did anything.

My wife just wants this out of the LR. A new one costs $2,400 at AO - however now those come with electronic ballasts (not switchable between 250/400). I would like to get $1,200. I can deliver this to LA/OC next week.

Sorry for the long post.

Here is that bend. With the reflection it looks more bent than it is.

Here is where the cords come out. I intended on moving the red wires to that hole and buying a rubber grommet to clean it up. I just didn't have the fixture long enough

And here are the bulbs and hanging kit. The Radiums are in the fixture. The fixture also comes with four blue bulbs T5 tubes that came with it. They look just like ATI Blue Plus to me.

Closed minds should come with closed mouths.
Old 10/18/2007, 08:02 PM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

This is what it looks like with the cover off - you can see the Euro ballasts. You can see I'm a little bit of an equipment junkie.

And here it was hung, with the cover off. I covered it and put that black cable cover over the red wires - just never put it all thru that hole. Wiring to a T5 ballast is super easy, just like any retro kit.

Another picture with two of the four T5's on

Old 10/18/2007, 09:58 PM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Forgot - I have a pair of Sfiligoi 10K bulbs also - which have about an hour on them. Alessandro sent me this pair from Italy as an apology for the delay on the fuse box. So its a pair of 3 month Radiums, a pair of brand new 10K's and a pair of brand new 14K's.

Last edited by Fliger; 10/18/2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10/18/2007, 11:32 PM
Premium Member

Bumb for my bro.... Wish i have the $$$. Looking forward to see you next week dav
Old 10/19/2007, 11:06 AM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Thanks man, I'll see you next week.

I've recevied questions on shipping - I could ship, I still have the original box with all the formed styrofoam - but it would be REALLY expensive. It cost $100 to get it here from CA. It would be a lot less if you have an acct. I could drop the price to $1,000 for the fixture and all three pairs of bulbs.

If you go to AO, click online store, USA, Sfiligoi, MH - you'll find it. The newer model (mine is only 6 months old) is $2,899 but it looks like it now comes with e-ballasts.

http://aquariumobsessed.com/

Old 10/20/2007, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

bump....for a high end fixture from a reputable seller