Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/14/2005, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SoulDecay
You can make them an offer for the corals in the tank. Its just the frags and the fish that aren't for sell.
You're missing the point. I shouldn't HAVE to "make them an offer". Put the damn price on the tank so I can determine on my own if it's worth it or not.

If grocery stores worked the way you guys do, and I got up to the register with a cart full of food before I found out how much it would actually cost me I'd be a little upset. Or better yet, I have to go chase down some lackie employee to give me a price on a bag of chips and a jar of salsa? I think not.

Quote:
Originally posted by thereefgeek
So of course, the paper in my wallet with the slightest hint of color left with me.
And that's how it'll always be unless something changes, so I hope you're happy with your pretty little display tanks.
Old 10/14/2005, 12:31 PM
Moved On

I think I will make a trip down there this weekend and call you on your comments. Maybe Nelson could read this.

On a good side note, Aqaulife in Rocklin has some Nice SPS for all you stick lovers. A few sweet LPS as well. They have a really sweet plating Purple Monti. Looks like a cap but it's one of the other plating species. I talked to Aaron and he will be getting no coral shipment this week but is expecting a good size one next week for after our meeting
Old 10/14/2005, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

I think you guys should just move down to the Bay Area! It seems like the lfs's up there are just d**king you guys around. We have similar problems with over-priced stores and "display only" tanks. I think in general we all know which stores to just avoid. Boycott them and they will feel the pain. Tell your friends and they will feel it double. Viva la resistance!

Mark

David Letterman, Cabin Boy
Old 10/14/2005, 02:11 PM
Moved On

Mark, I used to take a monthly drive to the Bay Area LFS just for theses reasons. Now I don't have the time to make the drive as much as I would like
Old 11/06/2005, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

wow, you guys get some really bad customer service there in the USA. im from Australia, and the only time prices are not up on corals is when they have just come in. Why dont they just use liquid paper on the coral tanks and label the prices on the glass in front of the coral? the simply razor blade the rice of when new stock arrives? Thats what everyone does here..

also, i dont understand how managers over there simply do not fire employees who sit on their asses while the business is going to ruins? (or the whole misleading thing, i thought that stuff was illegal).
Old 11/06/2005, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

oh by the way guys, i found this thread while doing a search, im sorry i have just realised that this area is for MARS members (obviously im not a member as im from overseas) sorry if i have inconvenienced anyone.
Old 11/06/2005, 01:41 PM
Moving Along

Not at all, at least not me I love to hear different input, especially from abroad. I know most of these stores use to be pretty good about listing prices on the window. I think theyve just gotten "conveniently"lazy over the past few years. Definately used car sale tactics,I feel.

I dont think its entirely bad as it sounds. Were more apt to post our negative experiences cuz there fresh in our minds than the postive. But its a nice passive aggressive way to let our LFS know our experiences, in hopes that they'll work on it.

Id like to add, that the past few times Ive been to Aqua Life theyve treated me very courteously and have been assertive to any help I may need. Theyve cycled a few new employees in, and its definately made a difference in my eyes

-Justin
Old 11/06/2005, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by metalManiac
wow, you guys get some really bad customer service there in the USA. im from Australia, and the only time prices are not up on corals is when they have just come in. Why dont they just use liquid paper on the coral tanks and label the prices on the glass in front of the coral? the simply razor blade the rice of when new stock arrives? Thats what everyone does here..

also, i dont understand how managers over there simply do not fire employees who sit on their asses while the business is going to ruins? (or the whole misleading thing, i thought that stuff was illegal).
its interesting how they have the prices for most of the fresh and salt water fish... but its just the corals that dont have a set price
Old 11/08/2005, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

Has anyone checked out Pet Connection lately? Weren't people talkin about them changing things around, or was I mistaken?
Old 11/08/2005, 09:56 PM
Moving Along

Ya, I remember saying something about that.

A nice prop tank, thats full of bones and melting tissue

It seems that no one is sticking with it.My complaint for the day about that?FOR GOD SAKES CLEAN IT UP! Not having a system dialed in yet is one thing, but if its gonna be on dispaly taking up 10 percent of the aquatic area and you have about 3 chronies drifting around give em a scrubber and vacuum!

Went to another LFS today and of course, got irratated as hell but I dont want to offend anybody right now, so I wont go there. And for the LFS ya, I wont go there either anymore

-Justin
Old 11/08/2005, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

All of us should get together and make our own store like this one
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=704034