Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 07/12/2007, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Packages are enroute. I have tracking numbers and the packages were accepted by FedEx. ETA of Wednesday. The woman at that office offered to ship them to me today if I was willing to pay for shipping. While that is obviously not fair, the situation is not her fault and I felt that it was the best solution.

I already had been speaking to a detective in the precinct there and I gave one last call to see if by some miracle Scott shipped the skimmer. He had not, but the woman made the offer, so I took her up on it.

In the end, she didn't charge my credit card for the shipping and said that she was going to see if she could get it out of Scott. I think that was a very generous thing to do on her part. I was completely willing to pay for shipping and just forget the 75 bucks, but instead she fronted the money.

Apparently the employees of that office were not happy that Scott had left the skimmer there for so long or that I was calling every day, but regardless, she didn't have to pay for the shipping herself.

I told her that she should call me back if Scott doesn't show up and I'll reimburse her because two wrongs don't make a right. And unlike Scott, I will answer the phone and keep my word. It is not her fault the transaction went sour and she was already inconvenienced with packing and shipping the skimmer and my endless phone calls.
Old 07/12/2007, 05:10 PM
Registered Member.

Well that's good news. I wonder how old this Scott guy is???
Old 07/12/2007, 06:43 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

After you get it make sure you e-mail, PM or call Scott and tell him you appreciate the time that he finally took to send it out. I will be awaiting a reply here next Wednesday for the good news.
Old 07/12/2007, 07:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Freed
After you get it make sure you e-mail, PM or call Scott and tell him you appreciate the time that he finally took to send it out. I will be awaiting a reply here next Wednesday for the good news.
Scott didn't send it though, a woman at the mailing office sent it. I'm guessing your recommendation has gotta be sarcastic.

Once I recieve it, I will send Scott one last e-mail, although I really don't think that he's going to care. I wonder if he gets himself together will he show up on here on in his local club again.
Old 07/12/2007, 07:27 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

Hehe, yeah just bein a tad bit sarcastic. Curious what the look on his face would be if you did that. Hehe.
Old 07/12/2007, 07:43 PM
Registered Member

Acropooper- I am really glad things seem to have worked out. I also hope Scott ponies up for the shipping so you dont have to pay twice. I am just glad you got the skimmer, you definitley will not be dissapointed in its performance, I have 2 of them, and am on the waiting list for another for my new monster system. Aquatic Acrylics is the bomb when it comes to skimmers . Its nice to see a semi happy ending. Quite often once things have been posted in the feedback forum and there is never a happy ending. Just happy that you are getting what you paid for, even if it is months later. It is better than getting your money back and then trying to find another deal on a skimmer.
Old 07/13/2007, 07:18 AM
Registered Member

I believe.......Do you?
Old 07/13/2007, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by oyam123
I believe.......Do you?
The fact that I am finally going to receive the skimmer has nothing to do with Scott. Absolutely nothing.

As I outlined in previous posts, the ONLY reason I made any progress here is because he left the skimmer at his mother's business, which he has linked in his profile. I called up that business as a last ditch hope. Scott's mother shipped the skimmer to me.

His mother paid for the shipping, so if I end up paying her back down the road, it's because Scott has refused to pay his own mother back.

I'm not sure whom you believe(d) in, but Scott did nothing here except spend the money I sent him and dropped the skimmer off at his mother's business.

I believe in mothers.
Old 07/13/2007, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Freed
Hehe, yeah just bein a tad bit sarcastic. Curious what the look on his face would be if you did that. Hehe.
Yeah, I figured.

I honestly hope the best for Scott because there are problems going on with him that I wouldn't post on a public forum. However, he has been very dishonest in this transaction and I hope that no one else get suckered into a transaction with him.

Once I get the skimmer I will send him an e-mail, but I know that even if he actually reads it, he won't care in the least.
Old 07/13/2007, 01:56 PM
Reefer Maniac

I just read this whole thread and I sincerely do hope you receive the skimmer next week. I will be watching, ...

Not until your more recent replies did I know for sure that "the lady at the business" was his mom. I figured it was, as you said she was certainly someone who could easily pressure him about the situation.

I do hope once you get your skimmer it is in proper working order, what a kick in the pants that would be, if after all this, it was broken, or not working correctly, or something bad like that, but I do hope for the best for you, and I salute you Acropooper, as you have been more than professional about all of this, ... kudos to you!
Old 07/13/2007, 03:24 PM
Registered Member.

Yeah hope it's not broken. He'll probably be back on the forums in a few months with another screenname.
Old 07/17/2007, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

Ok I'll bite what was the verdict? I have read through all this and you have been all too patient. I as well as the others hope that it has worked out for you. But I still say you got a bum rap and a trip to the pen would have probably helped this guy more than anything. I think what they call that is co-dependant. When a person has an issue and another trys to fix the troubles they get into. It sounds like both his mom and yourself are guilty of it.
Old 07/17/2007, 10:47 PM
Registered Member

I hope that was a joke, or did you think this was a 12-step web sight.
Old 07/18/2007, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

well did it come today? was it ok ?
Old 07/18/2007, 11:21 PM
Registered Member.

Yeah does it work or is it a bad equipment?
Old 07/19/2007, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

The skimmer came yesterday but I couldn't open it because I had my four wisdom teeth pulled yesterday and wasn't really in the condition.

I just opened it now, and it seems like everything is in order. It looks like a really good skimmer.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitroq2
I think what they call that is co-dependant. When a person has an issue and another trys to fix the troubles they get into. It sounds like both his mom and yourself are guilty of it.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean there. Actually, I'm not sure you know what you mean there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codependence

Um, I really don't think that Scott and I know each other that well to have developed a codepedancy.

Anyway, I think I'll send a thank-you card to his mother, a final thoughts e-mail to Scott and that will be that.

I really can't wait to get this thing up and running.
Old 07/19/2007, 09:57 AM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
wow... finally.. i put that guy on my ignore list... i never want to do business with someone like that....

glad you finally got your skimmer...

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 07/19/2007, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

Man, that sucks. You are a very patient person to have dealt with that in that manner. I believe i would have drove to his store and had a chat with him. lol. Glad it all worked out for you, if you want to call it that. There are alot of nice pople out there and then there are a few losers who make us all a little edgy. Hope he gets all his problems worked out but i sure wont be doing any business with the guy.

Every fight is a food fight, if you are a cannibal.
Old 07/19/2007, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

Sorry, I guess maybe it was just his mom, and you were just being an overly nice guy about all of it. But without doubt his mom is suffering from it. My apologies to you didn't mean to offend ya, bad attempt at humor I guess.
Old 07/19/2007, 01:49 PM
Reefer Maniac

I too am glad you got the skimmer and it seems good. Congrats on it finally being over.
Old 07/19/2007, 02:40 PM
Registered Member.

I'm glad everything is resolved. Hope you like the skimmer.
Old 07/19/2007, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

good to hear pm me some pics of the skimmer and your set up when you get a shot
Old 07/20/2007, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

Glad to hear you finally got your skimmer.
Old 07/20/2007, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

Good deal, glad you finally got it.
Old 07/21/2007, 01:42 PM
Ehhhhhhh......

Quote:
Originally posted by Acropooper
I believe in mothers.
So do I.

Glad you got the skimmer.